Never forget

Camino LS6

I'm disgusted by the people who brush it off like it's some long-forgoten

pseudo-event... like a bad baseball game or a car accident. Sept. 11th

is and will be the defining moment of our generation. It sucks but that's

just the way it is. For better of for worse the world is changing.

Mostly for the worse. :(

Those who are TRUE freedom fighters not only mourn all those hundreds

of lost American lives but also a true non-1984 style freedom.

Sept. 11th 2001 is the biggest turning point in this country's history since

WWII or possibly WWI.

I was listening to NPR on the way home. They were playing excerpts from 9/11 ceremonies across the country. It was difficult to listen to. I was tearing up a bit, I had to hide it from people in the next lane at traffic lights.

Man, I remember that day so well. I was a freshman in high school. Heard about it at the beginning of second peried, my class was outside on the football field (I was in band and we were practicing marching) when one of the teachers came outside and broke the news to us.

That rest of that day was basically cancelled, the only thing we were really able to do was watch the news in shock and horror.

I wish we still had the solidarity & united patriotism that

was so evident in the weeks just after Sept. 11th, 2001.

That's another thing I love about classic American cars,

they remind me of that era that the older generations

talk about, when "MADE IN THE USA" meant something

fantastic and our enemies were the communists who

maybe did not agree with our politics but had enough

decency to not blow up car bombs next to civilians and

fly commercial planes into buildings full of civilians.

I definatelly have a lot of nostalgia for the era before

Sept. 11th. The horror of that day changed so much!

I'm disgusted by the people who brush it off like it's some long-forgoten pseudo-event... Sept. 11th is and will be the defining moment of our generation. It sucks but that's just the way it is. For better of for worse the world is changing.

Sept. 11th 2001 is the biggest turning point in this country's history since WWII or possibly WWI.

Agree...totally.

It has changed everything and nothing can be taken for granted. It was the eeriest day in my life, but that's what those pricks wanted. I remember that it was a cool and overcast day in Nor Cal when I woke up and was commuting to work, as all of my preset stations were broadcasting this instead of music.

I don't think our standard of living and basic propensity for progress will change, but we will have to look over our shoulder in a different kind of way.

Like the bumper sticker says: "Never forget." We can't afford to.

Ironically I was in Slovakia durring Sept. 11th.

My parents and I flew out of Logan on the 9th!

It was the first time since 1992 that I went

back to visit, it was quite a downer for all that

to happen right THEN. We were seriously

worried about being able to get back into the

USA since the entire world seemed to be afire.

I have been thinking long and hard about posting in this thread.

And here's why:

I refuse to watch anything about September 11th. MSNBC, for example was re-broadcasting their September 11th 2001 morning news. I refused to watch it.

Sure we should honor the dead, and never forget what we lost. And I cannot begin to imagine what those people went through and what their families still endure to this day; it brings a tear to my eye.

However, if we continue to RE-LIVE this date, then we will NEVER heal from it. Why would the media want us to re-live some of the most emotionally scarring moments of U.S. history over and over and over again? I refuse to be subjected to that, it's the same reason I have not watched "Flight 93" or the other movie.

In Sociology, we study the 'fear culture' built by the media and how the media (oblivious to their own ignorance) seriously affected how our society is today by building such a massive 'fear culture' around 9/11. I can tell that people are 'different' and I can feel the hostility in our everyday lives.

We say to never forget, and hopefully we never will. However, we said the same thing about Pearl Harbor and IMO, the terrorist plot of 9/11 has worked to a large extent. I think it was the tipping force that has sent this country into a dismal spiral and I think it will be a large part of what results from that spiral; which is a defeated nation that lost what was great a long time ago.

I mean no disrespect to the innocent victims and military associated with 9/11. They are all heroes and should be honored as such every year for the rest of time. But the overall effects cannot be denied IMO.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I see what you're saying FoG.

Sept. 11th was devastating to the USA for a multitude of reasons.