What bands/music do you folks

I love all kinda of music; it's my life. Mindless 80s Pop most Hairbands Corporate Rock 90s Folk Rock Modern Punk Grunge Alt Rock (less now than a year or two ago) anything Electronic some Techno but not so much Trance Emo/Scremo chill, Orchestral music like Evermore or South Recent Albums: The Used - In Love and Death (re-release featuring "Under Pressure" cover) Punk Goes 80s The Academy Is... - Almost Here The Academy - The Academy E.P. Jack's Mannequin - Everything In Transit Evermore - Dreams A Change of Pace - An Offer You Can't Refuse South - From Here On In South - With The Tides Deborah Gibson - Memory Lane Vol. 1 Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? Oasis - Be Here Now Oasis - Definitely Maybe Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth Oasis - Heathen Chemistry Oasis - Live at the Metro Oasis - Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up The Girl The Killers - Hot Fuss Thursday - Full Collapse Something Corporate - North Something Corporate - Leaving Through The Window Something Corporate - Audioboxer Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue Yellowcard - For The Kids Miami Vice - The Complete Soundtrack I'm sure there are more, but this is all I really remember... Edited by Croc

Lately it's been Jocaine. He's a great guy and is very local to the city. I promote the band anytime I have a chance to.

http://www.JoCaine.com

Him & Kid Rock & Uncle Kracker. Two very good guys as well. Bob & Matt are real down to earth guys that will go out of their way to hold an honest conversation with you.

I like music from all genres, with a few stipulations: 1. Gotta have good musicianship. The quality of music is much more important than the genre. 2. I don't like party music. If it's a song that you're likely to hear at a dance party, I probably don't like it. I've also noticed that most of my favorite songs have a tendency to be dark, depressing, or just creepy.

Usually seems to have to be deep composed music for me. was Zepelin stlye rock Rush, Queen, Uriah Heep, Crack the Sky, Kansas, Tull turned to 70's fusion Dregs, Billy Cobham, Mahavishnu Orchester, turned to Theatric Metal which has since made me really like old Jazz & big band swing alot I also appreaciate the "standards" now.l For a lighter side I like Van Halen, particular Pop metal songs, one of my personal favorites is White Lion - Leave me Alone, its one jammin riff, check it out if you can. So anybody here ever heard of Crack the Sky ? Edited by razoredge

Yep, their first 3 records were pretty awsome. Crack the Sky, Safety in Numbers, Animal Notes was interesting but didnt have the punch of the first two. Ice and Nuclear Apathy are their best in my ears. I Dont have a Tie, Robots for Ronnie, Surf City, Shes a Dancer (blu's song), Sleep, I was into old Steely Dan alot back in the day. Kid Charlamane (sp) many others *Yep Baltimore debut in 1975 perhaps not in Baltimore but recorded in 1975.* Edited by razoredge

I'm very genre oriented: 80s Hair Metal (Motley Crue, Ratt, Winger, Poison, Great White, Tesla, Skid Row, LA Guns, Def Leppard, White Lion, Whitesnake, Kix, Cinderella, Dokken, Guns N' Roses, XYZ, Y&T, Warrant, Lillian Axe, Scorpions, Firehouse) Classic Metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Anthrax, Accept, Judas Priest, Savatage, Flotsam & Jetsam, Saxon, Metal Church, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Warrant [the German one], Pantera, Helloween, Black Sabbath, Warlock) 80s Arena Rock (Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Journey, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon) Progressive Rock / Metal (Queensryche, Pink Floyd, Rush, Dream Theater, Blue Murder) Classic Rock (Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, KISS, Blue Oyster Cult, Alice Cooper, ZZ Top, Thin Lizzy, Eagles, Aerosmith, Kansas) Grunge / 90s Alternative (Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Candelbox, Stone Temple Pilots) 80s pop / new wave (Billy Idol, Richard Marx, The Fixx, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, A Flock of Seagulls, Bad English, Bryan Adams, Eddie Money, The Cure, Corey Hart, Night Ranger, The Police, Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode) Modern Rock (Deftones, Velvet Revolver, Soilwork, Ra)

i am an 80's pop/metal child mostly. If anyone wants to listen to NEW music that is a definite nostalgia trip try to find WIG WAM- Hard to be a Rock and Roller SHA-BOOM! The Race Is On you can get soundbytes and reviews at melodicrock.com I am dead serious when I say its like going back in time. Polished power pop or glam like you never left the 80's or early 90's. Highly recommended. If anyone here likes Rick Springfield, be sure to listen to the relatively new cd Shock/Anger/Denial/Acceptance. He's still excellent even though he's a fossil. I like other stuff like Diana Krall (as in "Diana, krall over to me on yo knees) and some country. I just don't get time to listen these days. Edited by regfootball

If it's a song that you're likely to hear at a dance party, I probably don't like it.[top][post="27454"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/top]

Yeah, if its ONLY good is for when the chicks hit the dancefloor, chances are it's a song I don't feel outside of such a scenario. I'll acknowledge the broads going ape in that setting, but listening to it in the whip or at home isn't gonna happen...

BTW, for those that like underground music, peep the stuff on my man's site and appreciate my taste.

http://www.rappersiknow.com/media

It's not all rap, but it's definitely all soulful.

I recommend cuts by J. Sands, John Robinson, J-Davey, Flow Factory, Deloach, and Oddisee, among others....

As far as my tastes, I'm Hip-Hop, soul, 80s anything, SOME rock, and a little electronica....

Electronic dance is where it's at for me lately. It's not the only place, but it's the central location for my music taste. House (Deep Dish, Junior Jack, Steve Porter, Hatiras, Hott 22, Everything But The Girl) Progressive (Max Graham, etc.) Downtempo Jazz (Mark Farina, Bonobo, Amon Tobin, etc.) I would highly recommend you guys give them a listen sometime!

I really have a preference for certain genres, but I can listen and enjoy mostly anything... I really really love music from DMB Jason Mraz coldplay guster dispatch jack johnson ben folds postal service any kind of acoustic based or focused music [that song from the honda civic commercial with the cute girl talking with the guy would describe a song I really am fond of] and tupac...crazy huh