GM Engineer Crashes G8

In the Automotive Olympic Cliff Diving Event The judges score are as follows.

US Judge gives 5 Stars

British Judge Gives 5 Stars

Austrailian Judge Gives 5 Stars

South African Judge Gives 5 Star

Mexican Judge 5 Stars

Russian Judge 2 Stars

Pontiac might want to promote this as how safe this car is. It held up very well and the cage area remained intacty very well.

This beats the hell out of those Insurance indutry and Consumer Reports test.

Interesting..it happened on CO 82 over Independence Pass...I'm going for a drive there tommorow to see the fall color... it's a windy, twisty road that narrows to one lane in a couple places (on a shelf along a cliff).

I'd love to be that guy.... think of the bragging rights and stories you'd have to tell.

Every year @ the demolition derby I try to roll a car but it has not happened yet.

It doesn't look like it faired to well, but then I already knew it wouldn't. 1 down, 29,999 to go! Tick Tock, Tick Tock! :AH-HA_wink:

I can almost see the insurance rates rising as I type! :P

Considering the desrciption of the wreck and the fact the driver (supposedly) walked away unharmed Id say you are completely wrong. If you know anything about crash science and engineering the more give in an impact the better off you are--until a limit of course.

Id say this is a testament to sound engineering. :AH-HA_wink:

Considering the desrciption of the wreck and the fact the driver (supposedly) walked away unharmed Id say you are completely wrong. If you know anything about crash science and engineering the more give in an impact the better off you are--until a limit of course.

:word:

Insurance rates skyrocket if cars can't protect their occupants from paltry 10-mph crashes... like Chinese cars... not because a car was totaled after falling 100 feet with the driver sustaining minimal injury.

You're gonna have to come stronger than that, PCS.

Trust me, the insurance companies won't see it that way, all they are going to see is repair bills. I look forward to the NHTSA crash test. I predict a 3 star rating. I look forward to the test. :AH-HA_wink:

Trust me, the insurance companies won't see it that way, all they are going to see is repair bills. I look forward to the NHTSA crash test. I predict a 3 star rating. I look forward to the test. :AH-HA_wink:

I have to ask...

Would one of your beloved Opels have fared any better? Or more importantly, the driver?

It doesn't look like it faired to well, but then I already knew it wouldn't.

Haha... Perhaps you're just blind then. Our old Blazer looked almost like that when my mom wrecked it at only 40 mph and flipped once. If the description has any truth to it what-so-well, it held up exceptionally well. Edited by blackviper8891

Yeah, someone being in a horrible car crash is a great thing! You being right is much more important than that person's health and safety. :rolleyes:

Don't blame me, wasn't my fault Mike Simcoe decided to copy an old BMW design to benchmark. Besides, me copying a pic has nothing to do with health and safety of that driver, perhaps more sleep would have done wonders! :AH-HA_wink:

I just may use that pic in my next sig, you know I can make sigs! :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S