Eight tracks!

XP715

So tonight I was thinking to myself how cool it would be to have more eight tracks since I now own two vehicles with a functioning eight track player. I currently only have two, which means Jimi Hendrix Smash Hits is getting boring in the brown '78 Coupe DeVille and Led Zeppelin III is getting overplayed in the yellow '77. Do any of you guys have any you'd be willing to part with? If so, let me know!

My brother has probably 100 or so 8-tracks, from back in the day...his '69 Fairlane has an original 8 track player... he's finally catching up with the late 20th century, though..his truck has a CD player and he's finally converting his cassette collection to CDs..

Actually I think we do have some hanging around somewhere...I'd have to look though.

That'd be awesome; let me know if you find anything and you can toss them in if you end up buying the '71 Cadillac!

XP ... I don't have any, sorry.

A friend of mine used to have a '73 MC 454 with an 8-track player. Unfortunately, he had to sell that car a while back. I don't know if he kept any of his 8 tracks or not. I left a message for him last week about something else, but haven't heard from him yet. If I talk to him this week, I'll try to remember to ask him if he kept any of his 8 tracks and/or would be interesting in selling 'em.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The journey's been etched on your skin" ... James Blunt ... '1973'

buick used to make 8 tracks they would include with your car. we had a 'buick free spirit' eight track that i loved to listen to. when the player worked. LOL. occasionally i can still find that 8 track on ebay. it was mostly instrumental. weird as it sounds, its kind of a fun memory of growing up.

Picked up 48 of them last night for a cool $20, ranging from the awesome to the weird and super corny.

Craigslist gives up her gold again :thumbsup:

But you all keep digging in your basements and attics for more!

Highlights of the 48?

Uhhh not much outside of a few Grand Funk Railroad, Best of Bachman Turner Overdrive, and the American Graffiti soundtrack is pretty cool. Lots of those generic compilation tapes with names like "Star Trackin' '76" with one good song out of the sixteen that are on it. There are a few cool ones in there, part of the "Cruisin'" series (a history of early rock & roll radio: a mixture of songs, commercials, and promos from old radio stations, all wrapped up in a bright blue case with an Archie comics-style illustration on the label). I got the years 1961, 1962, 1963, and 1966. The 1961 tape has a 1961 Ford commercial and a 1961 Pontiac commercial on it which is interesting.

Oh! And I got me a mint copy of Love Will Keep Us Together by The Captain & Tennille! I mean this thing looks like it was never played! (Hard to believe, I know :P )

All in all a good haul, since I'm in it for the weird ones too. Eight tracks have always intrigued me because of the messed up music you can find on them that seems to have never been released in any other format. Having vehicles with working players is my excuse to start buying them up at yard sales and flea markets and junk stores. :thumbsup:

If I had some I would have used them when I still owned the Banana Boat,

now that it's your car the priority of finding a few was put on the back burner.