Car and Driver G8 test

I like the article, but I don't like the fact that they loved to mention that the LS7 is built in Mexico. Lets rub it in that GM (which is "supposed" to be more American than Toyota) builds things in Mexico. But then I got to thinking, "is the LS series V8 really built there???". So, was the LS1 in my 1998 Camaro Z28 built in Mexico? That would be sort of disappointing.

I like the article, but I don't like the fact that they loved to mention that the LS7 is built in Mexico. Lets rub it in that GM (which is "supposed" to be more American than Toyota) builds things in Mexico. But then I got to thinking, "is the LS series V8 really built there???". So, was the LS1 in my 1998 Camaro Z28 built in Mexico? That would be sort of disappointing.

Mexico is part of "Greater" United States of America.

Correction the US is part of Mexico!

LMFAO...

Last I checked, the LS7 was NOT built in mexico.

C&D just can't find much to bitch about these days regarding GM, so they resort to IMAGE damage by asserting that the cars are somehow inferior because they have components from mexico or china. This is because americans connotate bad things (a.k.a Poor quality) with products from these two countries. It's just another less overt way for the media to push it's agenda of "domestic cars have inferior quality" They've just gotten smarter about it. (Only took them 20 something years :rolleyes:)

We all know that the ONLY acceptable way to build a car is either IN JAPAN or in america with Japanese parts and ingenuity (If there is such a thing, since they pretty much copy everyone esle and refine)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I didn't see my post going in this direction. hehehe :lol:

Actually, I really don't care where the LS is built, it's an awesome engine. If you look up on Wikipedia, you'll find that they're bulit in Canada, the US and Mexico. You know, the "North American Union". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_american_union

Just as long as they don't build them in China. That would be a total disgrace.

C&D just can't find much to bitch about these days regarding GM, so they resort to IMAGE damage by asserting that the cars are somehow inferior because they have components from mexico or china. This is because americans connotate bad things (a.k.a Poor quality) with products from these two countries. It's just another less overt way for the media to push it's agenda of "domestic cars have inferior quality" They've just gotten smarter about it. (Only took them 20 something years :rolleyes: )

We all know that the ONLY acceptable way to build a car is either IN JAPAN or in america with Japanese parts and ingenuity (If there is such a thing, since they pretty much copy everyone esle and refine)

One thing I will disagree. C&D do not bitch about GM for every small reason. Look and read about their reviews for GM vehicles. They do hump BMW, but I will say when it comes to humping GM they are better than crapmunds, ####-tumor reports, automobile etc. Csaba Csere is a self proclaimed GM fan and more than once has taken attacking stance against Toy, Horndawg and $h!san.