GMC Acadia?

w00t_man

It's based on the Lambda platform, same as the upcoming Saturn Outlook and Buick Rendezvous replacement. It's suppoed to have both V6 and V8 engines, and should have the 6-speed transmission. Lambda is FWD or AWD and will also underpin the next minivans. That's about all we know at this time I think, but AH-HA and other insiders probably know more.

And the V-8 engine will be the 4.6-liter DOHC Northstar V-8 (more than likely), and that it WON'T be the 5300 LS4 V-8.

And the V-8 engine will be the 4.6-liter DOHC Northstar V-8 (more than likely), and that it WON'T be the 5300 LS4 V-8.

[post="5928"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually the N* was just a guess and I think it is wrong now. There was an article put out recently that did mention DOD in Lambdas. I would venture to say the LS4 will slide into place and that the N* might end up in the top level Buick but I would doubt it.

I don't like the sound of that.  I personally believe the Northstar should remain Cadillac-only.

[post="5969"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why? Its a great engine and if/when a more improved Northstar debuts, GM should certainly put to good use a smooth, DOHC plant like that for premium Buicks and Pontiacs.

I see your point if its about the name. I would've far preferred the GXP's Northstar to be called 'Arrowhead' and the version in the Lucerne to be dubbed simply "Eight" as in "Buick 8."

Actually the N* was just a guess and I think it is wrong now.  There was an article put out recently that did mention DOD in Lambdas.  I would venture to say the LS4 will slide into place and that the N* might end up in the top level Buick but I would doubt it.

[post="5993"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, I'm going by what AH-HA said on the old boards-he said the 5300 V-8 would not be making it into the Lambdas, but hey, you never know. I was thinking 4.6-liter DOHC V-8 brand name ideas to be Buick Eight and Chief-yours were nice too Flybrian-and they all need more power I think.

No, I'm going by what AH-HA said on the old boards-he said the 5300 V-8 would not be making it into the Lambdas, but hey, you never know. I was thinking 4.6-liter DOHC V-8 brand name ideas to be Buick Eight and Chief-yours were nice too Flybrian-and they all need more power I think.

[post="6573"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually what AH-HA said was there was no mention of DOD so he didn't think it was an LS4. Now that news of DOD being on the V8 is out then one can only guess that the LS4 will be in place, no news of a DOD N* (yet.)

Actually what AH-HA said was there was no mention of DOD so he didn't think it was an LS4.  Now that news of DOD being on the V8 is out then one can only guess that the LS4 will be in place, no news of a DOD N* (yet.)

[post="6598"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

On the saturnfans.com board, there was a discussion on what the V-8 engine option on the Lambdas would be and AH-HA said, "Forget the 5.3 L, these sophisticated new SUVs deserve and will get something better." And on the GMI boards there was a thread about the Buick Lambda and he replied, "Oh, and forget about the 5.3L OHV stuff, not happening. Such fine rides as these deserve a smoother V8."

Since he was at the actual sneak preview in June, I'd say that there will most definitely not be a small-block V-8 underhood. So it must be a Northstar engine that is the V-8 option unless GM has something else that we don't know about.

91z4me-educated guesswise, I would say 3.6-liter DOHC High Feature 250-255hp V-6 and 4.6-liter DOHC Northstar 275hp V-8 engines, 5-6-speed OD electronic automatic transmissions. V-6 standard on all three inital models-Saturn Outlook, Buick Rendezvous (or Centieme), and GMC Acadia (formerly Serrano)-the latter two are guess names based on trademarks in GMC's case. I don't imagine the V-8 being optional on the Outlook or minivans, but who knows.

91z4me-educated guesswise, I would say 3.6-liter DOHC High Feature 250-255hp V-6 and 4.6-liter DOHC Northstar 275hp V-8 engines, 5-6-speed OD electronic automatic transmissions. V-6 standard on all three inital models-Saturn Outlook, Buick Rendezvous (or Centieme), and GMC Acadia (formerly Serrano)-the latter two are guess names based on trademarks in GMC's case. I don't imagine the V-8 being optional on the Outlook or minivans, but who knows.

[post="8125"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wasn't looking for an educated guess I was looking for confirmation. BTW there will be no FWD 5 speeds.

I just want to know if the V8 will be the 5.3 LS4 or the FWD N*. Both have been mentioned.

I wasn't looking for an educated guess I was looking for confirmation.  BTW there will be no FWD 5 speeds.

I just want to know if the V8 will be the 5.3 LS4 or the FWD N*.  Both have been mentioned.

[post="8295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

it known that the Northstar V8 costs at least 1500 to 2000 more to produce than an LS2 V8.

Personally I would prefer the less expensive motor for the new GMC.

I am considering or hoping to replace my existing 2005 Envoy with this Arcadia model if its attractive. Depending on the weight of the new vehicle, I'd like the same power to weight ratio of my existing Envoy. Its more than enough.

The 3.9 V6 would be an inexpensive and effective motor if the weight of the new Arcadia is not too much. An LS2 V8 with DOD might be an interesting option and much prefered over the Northstar which is both expensive, heavy and larger compared to the ls2..

I'd still probably buy a 3.9 V6 as long as it had the same power to weight ratio as my present Envoy.

I won't be buying a third Envoy even though its been a great vehicle. I'm just tired of its good looks..I want something new and probably car/minivan based.

Fly, with regard to Northstar, I prefer they keep the tradition of exclusive engines in their luxury marque. With the exception of the semi-failed Crossfire, DCX has maintained the tradition. Ford never did with Lincoln, and that, among other things imo, kept Lincoln from becoming a true top-tier luxury brand. Of course Ford has now destroyed Lincoln, so that may be a moot point.

UV8 could stand for ultra series, but what does that mean? We know it's a 4.7, and we have heard in the past that the Northstar's displacement was going up (and going down, curiously); so it could just be a new version of the Northstar engine. Caddy could be getting its own exclusive displacement series of the N*. Regardless, a new V8 engine is good to here. Hopefully there will be hybrid versions of this sucker fast.

I'm not in the know but, MT Classic came out with their first issue and they claimed that Ford had Ford=Chevy/Plymouth, Mercury=Pontiac/Dodge, Edsel=Olds/DeSoto, Lincoln=Buick/Chrysler, & Continental=Cadillac/Imperial. If this is true then that explains why Lincoln competes more with Buick than Caddy. It appears Chrysler fell far since then. Why does GMC need a Lambda Wagon when Buick & Saturn already will? I thought GMC was being brought into the fold of Buick-Pontiac-GMC. Wouldn't Chevy deserve one more? Chevy could find use for a large wagon/crossover abvove the Equinox. I know GMC is a great brand but, I'd divide it between Buick & Saturn.