Dodge Nitro - Spy pics w/ interior

Chris_Doane

The interior is alright from a design standpoint but the plastics look horrible. I know it's just a prototype but this is as close to production as it gets, this is what the final product will look like. The exterior, on the other hand, is amazing. Eyecatching, in-your-face and brand recognizable.

The interior is alright from a design standpoint but the plastics look horrible.  I know it's just a prototype but this is as close to production as it gets, this is what the final product will look like.

The exterior, on the other hand, is amazing.  Eyecatching, in-your-face and brand recognizable.

[post="29109"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I couldn't agree more, though I do wonder if the exterior fit and finish will be as bad as the interior.

considering how crappy the charger/magnum/300 interiors are, its no surprise that this is apparently sucking huge too.

[post="29253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Crappy....? They STILL beat anything GM has offered us.....

I find the LX interiors to offer little to complain about. Dash and door tops are soft-touch plastic, the gauges all have a premium look to them, column stalks (Benz pieces) have a nice feel to them, and the new DCX radio/HVAC controls feel much better to the touch when you use the knobs/switches/buttons. Plus, the seats are comfy AND supportive.

The hard plastic on the lower dash and door panels is matte-finished and still has a decent grain.

The DCX interiors that I feel are lacking are the new Grand Cherokee and the trucks (Durango, Dakota, new Ram.) THOSE interiors have shiny, hard, brittle plastics that differ from the stuff inside the LX cars.

I'm assuming that the Nitro maybe will share dash and door panel plastics with the Liberty, which while hard, are nicely grained and look good.

Crappy....?  They STILL beat anything GM has offered us.....

I find the LX interiors to offer little to complain about.  Dash and door tops are soft-touch plastic, the gauges all have a premium look to them, column stalks (Benz pieces) have a nice feel to them, and the new DCX radio/HVAC controls feel much better to the touch when you use the knobs/switches/buttons.  Plus, the seats are comfy AND supportive.

The hard plastic on the lower dash and door panels is matte-finished and still has a decent grain.

The DCX interiors that I feel are lacking are the new Grand Cherokee and the trucks (Durango, Dakota, new Ram.)  THOSE interiors have shiny, hard, brittle plastics that differ from the stuff inside the LX cars.

I'm assuming that the Nitro maybe will share dash and door panel plastics with the Liberty, which while hard, are nicely grained and look good.

[post="29570"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yea he was referring to the new Dodge and Jeep interiors, which are most definitely behind GM. LX cars...well some of them have nice interiors while others are kinda cheap looking. I think 300C has a decent interior, but the Charger and Magnum are too cheap looking for me to ever consider one.

Crappy....?  They STILL beat anything GM has offered us.....

I find the LX interiors to offer little to complain about.  Dash and door tops are soft-touch plastic, the gauges all have a premium look to them, column stalks (Benz pieces) have a nice feel to them, and the new DCX radio/HVAC controls feel much better to the touch when you use the knobs/switches/buttons.  Plus, the seats are comfy AND supportive.

The DCX interiors that I feel are lacking are the new Grand Cherokee and the trucks (Durango, Dakota, new Ram.)  THOSE interiors have shiny, hard, brittle plastics that differ from the stuff inside the LX cars.

[post="29570"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i gotta disagree. the 300/magnum/charger interiors are flat out not up to par. maybe not so much the 300, but still the 300 is not even as nice inside as say, an Accord, and that pains me to say....or even the new Fusion/Milan twins. The 01 Aurora interior makes the 300 interior look inferior and that's a 5 year old car. The previous LHS/300 had a nicer interior and that one even sucked. Damn VW's make Chrysler interiors their b1tches, the VW's are nicer. The Dodge products go one up on the 300 in terms of low rent. In fact, most Chrysler interiors look bad. Durangos, Rams, Neons, Stratus, the only Chrylser interiors that make an acceptable grade I think are the vans (and they aren't a godsend) and the PT cruiser. Jeep interiors are better, but someone please tell me how Chrysler gets a pass for their sh1t interiors and GM and Ford are grilled and burned.

Anyone seen the Dodge Caliber spyshots? My God, barf city. How cheap can DCX make an interior these days? Edited by regfootball