Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

This one is for Dodgefan...UPDATED with 1970 ad!!

toesuf94

There was nothing wrong with the interior space on vehicles like these. They were so big that they had tons of room inside and out. There was a lot of wasted space under the hood area, though. One thing these vehicles suffered from was awful sightlines out the back. But they were gorgeous. The real beginning of the end for Chrysler (and others) was that these behemoths had massively detuned engines, but still got mediocre gas mileage. And those damned hidden headlights would freeze shut in the winter. My father's '69 Chrysler had two motors put on for the lights, then the dash caught fire! So he disconnected them permanently.

I talked a friend of mine's parents out of buying a '73 Charger SE. (See, I was practical even at 13 years old!) I sat in the back and declared that Erin (my friend) would hate it back there because of the silly (but cool) slit opera windows in the side. Of course, being a Mopar fan in those days, I was horrified when they went out and bought a '74 Ford LTD with bumpers the size of a Checker cab. Yech!

There was nothing wrong with the interior space on vehicles like these. They were so big that they had tons of room inside and out. There was a lot of wasted space under the hood area, though.

Hey hey!!!

That's not wasted space, that's room to work on your car.

Back in the day before we all turned into a bunch of pink

panty wearing pu$$ies we still did our own maintenance &

repairs on our cars, unlike today's typical American who

likes to pretend that his Corolla is a well built product even

though he's never opened the hood himself.

It's not just a pain for the home mechanic either. When I was working at the dealership old folks would complain about how many hours a certain job would take:

"What do you mean the book rate is 8 hours to change the heads on my Grand Prix? My husband changed them on my 1972 Nova in two!"

"In addition to the 5.3 in your Grand Prix being a rather large engine with lots of miscellaneous electrical gizmos attached to it, it's mounted sideways in a small engine bay. Since neither I nor my colleagues have infant-sized hands, it's going to take a while. Maybe you should have thought about that before you tried to tow a 35 foot Crestliner and melted the pistons you stupid cow."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You clearly know much more about cars than I do. How can I properly apologize for my ignorance? Would you like my daughter's hand in marriage?"

"No. Your worthless genes need to vacate the gene pool as soon as possible."

:lol:

LOL

I blame FWD, not crazy old people... that '72 Nova would tow the 35 foot trailer with torque to spare.

im procrastinating on finishing the motor swap on my 71 nova right now.. but i love working under the hood of it... for what was a compact car, it fits the v8 with room to spare, and no electronics... the only wiring to the motor is temp sensor, starter,tach and distributor ^_^

i love simplicity

I love that ad... those groovy-sexy '60s Chicks with long

flowing hair are almost as sexy as that Charger hardtop!

I thought that ad was funny. Man, the Political Correctness Police would have a field day with that one these days. Elliooooot!

Leave ET out of this...