Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew Dowdell

Chevy FTW

34 posts in this topic

So this guy I'm... uh... spending quality evenings with.... has a Honda Pilot. He likes to brag about how reliable Honda is and tells me I should trade my "unreliable domestic" in on a Ridgeline.

This morning I get a call asking for a favor. His Pilot has broken down and could I take him to work. Apparently all the idiot lights came on and he's stuck in limp home mode doing 25mph.

Pilot 43,000 miles -limping home with all dash lights lit

Avalanche 84,000 miles - oil changes and tires only, taking his ass to work

So the day after Thanksgiving, he gets to eat crow. I just hope he likes stuffing with it cause he's gettin that too when I pick him up tonight.

Prediction: The problem will somehow be chalked up to bad maintainance, and he will blame himself, not Honda.

Prediction: The problem will somehow be chalked up to bad maintainance, and he will blame himself, not Honda.

possibly, but I don't care... I'm still gettin laid tonight out of this.....

Just as long as he calls out your name in bed and not "Honda" or "Pilot" or whatever nickname he may have for his trucklet. :AH-HA_wink:

possibly, but I don't care... I'm still gettin laid tonight out of this.....

Tell him to trade vehicles, then he can have some nookie. ;)

You're nuts! :lol:

We're talking about gay men here. We hold out to win battles. Women hold out to win wars. We recognize life is way too short and sex is way too important to hold out for the sake of a war! :yes:

Besides... it doesn't matter the outcome... it's always a win/win :smilewide:

Telling sn Avalanche owner to trade for a Ridgeline is like telling a hungry puma to drop that meat and try this nice tofurkey. It's not going to work out well...

Whatch you talkin about Willis? I better be gettin nookie for rescuing him today.

he can drive whatever he wants during the day as long as he knows what he's gonna be ridin every night.

We're talking about gay men here. We hold out to win battles. Women hold out to win wars. We recognize life is way too short and sex is way too important to hold out for the sake of a war! :yes:

I don't think either of us is holding out on the other.... I'm just gettin a little extra :smilewide:

Apparently something up with the AWD system + transmission... from the sounds of it either a sensor went bad or the AWD is a goner. I'm guessing just a sensor because he was able to drive it home ok.... just under 25 mph.

Apparently something up with the AWD system + transmission... from the sounds of it either a sensor went bad or the AWD is a goner. I'm guessing just a sensor because he was able to drive it home ok.... just under 25 mph.

The bigger the problem the more riding for you, right?

he got cornholed by Oldsmoboi

He can be my knight in shining latex the next time the Maxx breaks.

In fact, I think I just might have to go down to the garage and 'work' on the car now...

Wow, a second erotic use for scissors! How exciting!

:smilewide:

Awsome. I for one am happy to hear that.

Yup, sounds very beleivable.

Uhhh... the PCV valve was on too tight.

the last oil change was done on a Friday the 13th

aaaaaand it has Firestone tires

or maybe the blinker fluid was low...

May I suggest a glow in the dark condom to go with all his idiot lights! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go ... :smilewide:

Imagine an Avalanche trying to drive into a garage built for a Pilot... :o :AH-HA_wink:

Imagine an Avalanche trying to drive into a garage built for a Pilot... :o :AH-HA_wink:

Get ready for calling home insurance for fixing a torn, bruised garage, saying that an avalanche hit the only house in the entire neighborhood.

don't have to imagine.... :AH-HA_wink:

A new, unrelated, Chevy FTW.

So I'm driving down a 3 lane commercial highway when I hear this loud burble-burble. Up comes this tool in a previous gen Golf with about 400lbs of body mods and a fart can exhausts. From the *sound* of it, it was a standard 4-cylinder, I heard no turbo and.. well it sounded like a 4banger. He's being an idiot making all sorts of "look at me" noises with is fart can.

I'm in the Avalanche at the light in the left lane, Golf Tool is in the center lane, and up pulls Gramps* in the right lane in a black current generation Impala SS.

Golf tool is sitting there reving his engine but I don't know who he was aiming for because I'm in a truck and why would you pick a fight with some old guy.

I'm sure you can see where this is going. Light changes to green and Golf-tool has surprisingly good reaction time and takes off out in front. Gramps wakes up and realizes what's going on and decides to throw the hammer down. Golf tool gets pwned. I'm following behind in the truck, not even trying, watching the whole scene and laughing.

The 3 of us make it to the next light. Golf tool is irritated now and decides to try it again. Only this time Gramps is completely awake from his nap.

Light changes green and they're both off.... The Impala SS is barking it's tires but he still pwns Golf tool again. Golf tool runs off down the commercial highway while Gramps and I take the on ramp to the interstate.

I get up next to Gramps and give him a thumbs up... which he returns with a smile.

*Basically, Lutz with darker hair.

See how much a Push Rod with 4 speed in a W-body can do.

Good one.

No kidding... My gay roommate gets laid at nothing. Us straight guys have to "work for it"

A new, unrelated, Chevy FTW.

So I'm driving down a 3 lane commercial highway when I hear this loud burble-burble. Up comes this tool in a previous gen Golf with about 400lbs of body mods and a fart can exhausts. From the *sound* of it, it was a standard 4-cylinder, I heard no turbo and.. well it sounded like a 4banger. He's being an idiot making all sorts of "look at me" noises with is fart can.

I'm in the Avalanche at the light in the left lane, Golf Tool is in the center lane, and up pulls Gramps* in the right lane in a black current generation Impala SS.

Golf tool is sitting there reving his engine but I don't know who he was aiming for because I'm in a truck and why would you pick a fight with some old guy.

I'm sure you can see where this is going. Light changes to green and Golf-tool has surprisingly good reaction time and takes off out in front. Gramps wakes up and realizes what's going on and decides to throw the hammer down. Golf tool gets pwned. I'm following behind in the truck, not even trying, watching the whole scene and laughing.

The 3 of us make it to the next light. Golf tool is irritated now and decides to try it again. Only this time Gramps is completely awake from his nap.

Light changes green and they're both off.... The Impala SS is barking it's tires but he still pwns Golf tool again. Golf tool runs off down the commercial highway while Gramps and I take the on ramp to the interstate.

I get up next to Gramps and give him a thumbs up... which he returns with a smile.

*Basically, Lutz with darker hair.

Excellent! :cheers::metal:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0