Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The time draws near...

Olds Guy

Olds Guy, is that the actual Trailblazer you built? It looks good in two-tone. Also, I didn't realize you can get the V8 in SWB, non-SS versions. Cool. The Trailblazer is still a nice vehicle when judged by itself, it's just that everyone else, including GM, has come out with something newer. Enjoy that new Trailblazer, sir!

The 3LT trim level comes in two-tone. Since it will be my wife's vehicle and she likes the dark cherry color, voila - there it is.

Yes, the 5.3 with Active Fuel Mgt is optional on the TB. Not as much hp as the SS 6.0L but 300 is a good number. Funny part is that its hard to find on a lot. Everybody has a bunch of I6s and a few SSs, but not many 5.3s at all. Most dealers have none in this area.

Might pull the trigger soon.

Olds Guy, is that the actual Trailblazer you built? It looks good in two-tone. Also, I didn't realize you can get the V8 in SWB, non-SS versions. Cool. The Trailblazer is still a nice vehicle when judged by itself, it's just that everyone else, including GM, has come out with something newer. Enjoy that new Trailblazer, sir!
Edited by Olds Guy

They are thirsty suckers, but they are quite fun to drive.

As long as gas is not too much of an issue-I'd say go for it...

The lease rates just keep getting better on them.....

I'd hurry if you want to custom order one though- GM is dropping almost all those extras on the TBs (including the SS) pretty soon, as they start cutting back for the end of production....

A good friend of my dad is ordered a two tone....should be in within a week or too... :)

That TB looks nice in the colour you selected... Alas we have a lease coming up this time next month. We're actually going down to the dealer tomorrow in hopes that a 2007 LaCrosse CXL they just got in will be suitable... But I'll echo Dave in his suggestion to order sooner rather than later.

Honestly, if you're looking at midsized SUVs, go for the Ford Explorer or Mercury Mountaineer. Either of those are more competent than the TB or Envoy. I have used both vehicles to drive cross-country to move myself in and out of university, and the Ford twins have a more usable cargo area (wheel wells don't intrude, more boxy shape, does not taper toward the rear, larger hatch opening, etc) as well as much nicer interiors.

That sucks (for GMC buyers) that you can get a 5.3 V8 in the Trailblazer as an option and the Envoy only comes with the I-6 (the 5.3 V8 is only available in the Denali model). :angry:

That's odd...especially since you could easily get them as 2007's. One of the leftovers a dealer has near here is a Red Jewel/Ebony Envoy SLT 2wd that has the 5.3L. Seems odd to take it away, even though the TB/Envoy are more than on their way out to pasture.

The day I can get as good a discount on a Ford as I can a GM, I'd at least think about it.

Honestly though, the only blue oval products that appeal to me are the Mustang and MKZ (although I liked it better named Zephyr).

You gotta go the premium brands they have to find anything else I'd like.

Honestly, if you're looking at midsized SUVs, go for the Ford Explorer or Mercury Mountaineer. Either of those are more competent than the TB or Envoy. I have used both vehicles to drive cross-country to move myself in and out of university, and the Ford twins have a more usable cargo area (wheel wells don't intrude, more boxy shape, does not taper toward the rear, larger hatch opening, etc) as well as much nicer interiors.

I'd have to look into that. If you are going by BuyPower or GMC.com, I'm not sure their info is 100% accurate.

For instance try and build UM8 Nav Radio into anything but a 3SS TB and its a no go on the web. But mine is coming with it.

I wouldnt be suprised to find out you could do it, but it may not be publicized.

And actually what sucks for GMC buyers is that Chevy and Saab get all 3 engines, and GMC does without the 6.0.

By the way, I pick it up later this week. So pics next week weather permitting.

Next on the agenda.... replace my car (GXP) in spring.

That sucks (for GMC buyers) that you can get a 5.3 V8 in the Trailblazer as an option and the Envoy only comes with the I-6 (the 5.3 V8 is only available in the Denali model). :angry:
Edited by Olds Guy

I'd have to look into that. If you are going by BuyPower or GMC.com, I'm not sure their info is 100% accurate.

For instance try and build UM8 Nav Radio into anything but a 3SS TB and its a no go on the web. But mine is coming with it.

I wouldnt be suprised to find out you could do it, but it may not be publicized.

And actually what sucks for GMC buyers is that Chevy and Saab get all 3 engines, and GMC does without the 6.0.

By the way, I pick it up later this week. So pics next week weather permitting.

Next on the agenda.... replace my car (GXP) in spring.

No, I'm going by the 2008 Envoy brochure I picked up a couple of months ago. Of course I didn't verify on the website or online order guides, but the 2 Envoy Denali's at my local GMC dealership I saw yesterday both had the 5.3 V8 in them. It sucks that GMC is restricted with the 5.3 L and 6.0L V8 options.