Collectable Cadillacs of the last 25 years or so?

What Cadillacs of the 77-2000 era are desireable and which are worthless? I see Cadillacs of this era in good condition scraped, seemingly senslessly, and then I see others bring big bucks.

Which cars of this era are the ones to own and which are the ones to aviod, and why?

Chris

avoid the diesels. Avoid the models with the same engine as the 85 devilles. 1980-82 Devilles are decent, our V6 '80 has held up quite well--but be warned most say the V6 is unreliable (no problem here).

Northstars are good. Avoid the pre-2000 Catera. Avoid the Allante (reliability issues) despite its beauty. 93+ El Dorados are great, especially the last few MYs.

Note that 66stang said "77-2000", SoCal.

First gen Sevilles are excellent collectibility candidates, and I think the 2nd gen Sevilles would be too.

Early Allante issues aside, they should also be strong collectibles in the future.

I also always liked the '80s Eldorado ETCs, the basic '79-85 Es were beautifuld designs to begin with, but the ETCs were especially taseful, esp in black.

Anyone for a Cimarron D-Oro, V-6 5-spd? :wink:

Edited by balthazar

Not a whole lot from that era will be collectible, I think. The barge-like '77 and '78 Eldorado has some potential, particularly the "last American convertible." Yes, the '76 to '79 Seville. Pristine condition '79 to '85 Eldorados, but there are some troublesome engines beginning model year 1981. For more modern vehicles, the Allante, '92-'97 Seville, and '93-'02 Eldorado, but these would be expensive to maintain as daily drivers.

Edited by bobo

1993 Sixty Special as the Fleetwood pre-fix was dropped in 1993 because of the real Fleetwood. Or a 92-93 Sedan Deville Touring Sedan another RARE one indeed. As Von mentioned try to find a Sixty Special under 50k on it great shape plan on selling out 7K... Not bad considering they were over 40 large new. I want one in mid-night blue with a white interior or black with a beige interior, factory chrome 15's fat white walls and an astro roof and bose audio/cd player. Always longed for one especially considering all Sixty Specials had the 18-way power seats and Gurigrio interior design. I would do a K&N drop in and two Flowmaster 60 Series Mufflers. With dual down dropping tips on each side. (In chrome of course!)

Edited by gm4life