http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/08/detroit...akes-things-up/

Yes, I know it's a knock-off, but it aint Chinese, and Hyundai cars are matching the Japanese in terms of quality and reliability (so I heard), but something about this car is not bad, maybe because there is no Hyundai badge! Lol I think it's the biggest bang for the buck still.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Genesis

Edited by Polish_Kris

because of a blatantly unimaginative exterior and interior, they've sacrificed any chances at gaining credibility for the brand. a nice interior and spruced up exterior won't be enough to sway more than 10k buyers a year from the huge variety of options available in the 35k price range that already offer a remarkable amount of prestige. buyers in this range are looking to be coddled and filled to the max with features and luxury, like this car, however, unlike this car, they also want to say they've arrived in style. people in this market have a wealth of options that offer prestige, why would they get a hyundai over an Audi, Acura, or Saab even...

because of a blatantly unimaginative exterior and interior, they've sacrificed any chances at gaining credibility for the brand. a nice interior and spruced up exterior won't be enough to sway more than 10k buyers a year from the huge variety of options available in the 35k price range that already offer a remarkable amount of prestige. buyers in this range are looking to be coddled and filled to the max with features and luxury, like this car, however, unlike this car, they also want to say they've arrived in style. people in this market have a wealth of options that offer prestige, why would they get a hyundai over an Audi, Acura, or Saab even...

Read what it offers though, in terms of power, performance, and standard features, I'm sorry for the money, nothing can really match it.

Although......because of the RWD, I might be tempted to consider this over a $31K loaded Accord EX-L Nav.....or a Camry XLE V6.....?

Read what it offers though, in terms of power, performance, and standard features, I'm sorry for the money, nothing can really match it.

the price really does put it in another stratosphere. i had not read the price, funny how that can make a car really good looking all of a sudden :)

for $30k I would be hard pressed to find anything more compelling. they are certainly doing thier work when it comes to designing and finding the right price point. It's a shame though that it suffers from the copycat syndrome, however, at the price point its entering it may well be hyundai's LS of this decade. the only red flag I could raise against it is the time spent repairing hyundais....if that's even true of them nowadays....

Edited by turbo200

Love the fact it's RWD. Seems to be a very well done vehicle. The interior is really nice except for the mini-me "I-Drive" controller. The exterior is "safe" and derivative, but I don't care for the "ribcage" grille. I want to see the production coupe soon.

the price really does put it in another stratosphere. i had not read the price, funny how that can make a car really good looking all of a sudden :)

for $30k I would be hard pressed to find anything more compelling. they are certainly doing thier work when it comes to designing and finding the right price point. It's a shame though that it suffers from the copycat syndrome, however, at the price point its entering it may well be hyundai's LS of this decade. the only red flag I could raise against it is the time spent repairing hyundais....if that's even true of them nowadays....

I've spoken to people who own Sonatas and Elantras with 300,000 km or more on the odometer with minimal repairs, which came to a shock to me. Kia owners complain though, even though they are "The same", I still find that Kia products are cheaper, and not as well built as Hyundais are. Kind of like LG and Samsung. Samsung products seem more durable as opposed to LG products from personal experience. However, time will tell.

the best part about this is that it's basically hyundai's version of what a Buick Lucerne replacement should look like on Zeta, on paper of course, not design-wise, only maybe 10k cheaper, and more feature-laden. Just imagine what kind of sedan you could have here with the right designers and free-thinking....

and there are rumors GM might be cancelling the Buick Zeta as well.....EL Stupido [GM] strikes again.

the best part about this is that it's basically hyundai's version of what a Buick Lucerne replacement should look like on Zeta, on paper of course, not design-wise, only maybe 10k cheaper, and more feature-laden. Just imagine what kind of sedan you could have here with the right designers and free-thinking....

and there are rumors GM might be cancelling the Buick Zeta as well.....EL Stupido [GM] strikes again.

That's what pisses me off about the beurocratic, bean-counting politics with the domestic manufacturers. GM has a tendency of pricing their products at par with their import competition, and cutting some worthwhile projects. The Koreans don't seem to care, they just go at it with full strength. Maybe GM and others should follow in Hyundai's footsteps of success, and drop their prices and fire their bean-counters.

Yes, Hyundai has gone and built a better Buick...while Buick sedans are still stuck in the mid '90s...