How much do you pay for insurance?

How much a month (US) for all YOUR vehicles?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How much a month (US) for all YOUR vehicles?

• less than 150
    • 150-200
    • 200-300
    • 300-400
    • 400-500
    • more than 500

With 1 accident that has dropped down a little bit so far, good student discount, airbag discount, etc, etc... About $350 a month for a high risk vehicle (they classify the Regal as a sports sedan, and it's red...). It should drop down to about $300 in around 6 months as the last of the accident is pulled off my record.

Insurance is a racket. Your driving record is now as important as your credit rating. I've seen clients have to go bankrupt over their insurance. One young woman saw her rate soar to $700 a month on her Sunfire after an accident that was her fault. Her lease was $300 a month. She cleared $1,500 a month at her job. What could she do? Yesterday, a 28 year old female client was quoted $176 for a new Cobalt. Not bad, I thought. Strangely, though, I had a guy who had a drunk driving conviction, and then he drove his 6 day old Silverado into the back of a parked bus, yet he was only paying $900 a month. I thougth that was more than a bit low.

Maybe I should also specify...I don't have only basic insurance and I'm sure that's what is seperating most of these enormous gaps... If I were to get the basic $25,000 liability or whatever the number is ($20,000?), I would only pay about $100-125 with that high risk vehicle. Right now I'm sitting at $100,000 liability and a few other things...I can't remember the exact numbers though. So remember, what people are paying is heavily influenced by this fact. Ok, Washington is 25/50/20 required and I believe I have 25/100/50 and in what value I can't remember: comprehensive and collision. Edited by Alpha

next time ill ask for they KY! well not month a pay one lump sum in january about $3000 i think? its 500 for the caprice. 2000 for the truck and 500 for the rust bucket.

4 vehicles insurerd at about $3800 a year. (one in the G/Fs name the other 3 in mine) More than half that $3800 is from the STS.

I will be paying $288 a month for full coverage on my Sol and plpd on my 99 Grand Am. That's the multi-car discount AND a huge savings of $500 per year due to my account at a Credit Union. It's through AAA with a $550 deductible and the minimum requirements for passengers, etc.

To bad our insurance companies dont have to compete on a "global market " Think those Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Turkish and Indian workers could afford $1.50 per hour just for their car insurance to get to work and back. ? Around another 1.50 if you make car payments, then say an additional .50 an hour for gasoline. Is an average of 3.50 per hour of the American workforce going into work transportation ?

The Cobalt had a high rating, making it $120 a month.  My wife freaked because we've never paid more than $80 for insurance (full coverage with towing, etc.).  Even our Alero GL2 was only $80 per month.

The Roach is $70 per month.

[post="32063"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hate you.

Tell your wife you know someone who is paying 4x as much for a Cobalt.

The Cobalt had a high rating, making it $120 a month.  My wife freaked because we've never paid more than $80 for insurance (full coverage with towing, etc.).  Even our Alero GL2 was only $80 per month.

The Roach is $70 per month.

[post="32063"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:angry: :angry: <_< <_< <_<

I went and checked for a plain out cobalt they want 2100 a year for it and i have a fairly clean record.

I hate you.

Tell your wife you know someone who is paying 4x as much for a Cobalt.

[post="32064"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

$480 a month for just insurance ? No way ?

thats enough to fix a pretty good side stuff per year.

BTW all you "airbag" lovers. Air bags cost in excess of 2 grand if deployed. Ive seen older cars with relitively minor front end damage, totaled because of the cost to replace airbags. Then theres the new seatbelts, that need to be replaced too.

You have all these new "safety" equipment devices to thank for our incredibly inflated auto insurance. That and all the citidiots that cant make it a month without backing into something.

I pay $86/month for 2 cars (The Focus & the '73 Camaro) Comp, collision, no deductibles, clean record (No tickets or accidents that were my fault, knock on wood) I'm 23.

My parents get an even better deal as they have the multi vehicle, safe driving and long term (insured our cars there for a long time) discounts.

I'm going to put both of the Camaros on classic car insurance for about $111 a year