Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The O.C.

Ever Been Attracted to the Opposite Orientation?

209 posts in this topic

So....if you are straight....have you ever felt an attraction to another guy? Doesn't HAVE to be sexual....can be a strong emotional attraction....or sexual...whatever. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to "be with" a guy?

And if you are gay.....have you ever had the same feelings for a woman?

When I was in high school, before I came to terms with being gay, I had a girlfriend. Now we never had sex because she was absolutely sure she wanted to remain a virgin until she was married. We dated, went out, and the most we "did" was kiss goodnight at the end of the evening. Funny thing is....I never desired having sex with her.....mostly (unknown to me at the time) because I was gay....but also because I didn't realize that I should be craving the sex and stuff with her. In fact, I hated the end of our dates because I knew I'd have to kiss her "goodnight" at the end of the night.....and I didn't enjoy it.....was "gross" to me.

Since then, the MOST I've ever done with a woman was suck some boobies.....a female friend of mine when we were all at a party drunk and her husband dared me to do it....LOL....

:o

Point is....I've never, ever, ever had any desire to be intimate with a woman in any sort of fashion.....even to see "what it's like."

Now....another story....revolves around my best friend in college. To this day, even though he's married and has a kid, I still think he's gay (or bisexual at least) and never came out of the closet due to maybe pressures from his intensly-conservative parents, or whatever....

....but when we were in college together (he was my "little bro" at the fraternity) we did EVERYTHING together.....and to this day, I'll tell you he was my first "love." In fact, we were so inseparable, the running joke around the frat house was that we were a "couple." And this was before I came to terms, accepted, or realized that I was gay.

It was like being in a relationship....without the sex. When I'd stay over at his house on the weekends, sometimes we'd sleep in the same bed together.....and sometimes, in the early mornings, we'd lay in bed together. I'd do things for him like his laundry, and cook him food, and he'd do the same in return. If not for the wierd situation, it would have been almost a perfect "relationship." We'd even tell each other we "loved" each other!

After college, I moved to PA, and later to CA and we somewhat lost touch. However, one year, at NAIAS, he met me downtown and we hit some pubs and got roaring drunk. Well needless to say, we ended up in my hotel room at the RenCen.....and well without being too graphic, "things" happened.

Since then, (years ago), I haven't spoken to him much at all.

So back to my first question at the top of this thread.....I've always wondered why my buddy and I had the relationship/friendship/whatever that we had in college....and shared all those emotions....but nothing ever came of it....is he gay? Is he bisexual? Was he too scared to come out of the closet? Did he feel a close attraction to me emotionally, but still be straight?

Let me know your thoughts....and your own experiences......

Question could go two ways.. so hell yeah I've been attracted to a lesbian! :P

OOOOOOO

Yuckkkkkkk

Gagggggg

:censored:

(j/k)

It's funny......I'm sure you were attracted to a "lipstick" lesbian.....

But I never understood the "butch" lesbian.....or the "fem" gay guy.......

I'm GAY.....which means I want a MAN......if I wanted a woman, I'd be straight.....right? So what's the attraction to the "fem" guy? And on the lesbo front....isn't a girl a lesbian because she wants to be with a woman? So what's the attraction to the "butch" girl??

:huh:

If ur girl said she wanted to bring a woman home.....would you be up for that....?

haha You mean dikes? Yeah, they scare the $h! out of me. Those Gladiator lesbians... YIKES! :lol:

Edited by NOS2006

If ur girl said she wanted to bring a woman home.....would you be up for that....?

Sure if she shares haha.

haha You mean dikes? Yeah, they scare the $h! out of me. Those Gladiator lesbians... YIKES! :lol:

Dikes on Bikes...!

Yippee!

(LOL)

no no and no

nothing about a man that is remotely interesting. to me, anyways. ICK ICK ICK.

however, the chicks on the L word are pretty hot.

wait, are we talking about republicans and democrats? i usually lean moderate conservative but there are some hot looking dem chicks out there i'd have no problem talking higher taxes with.

2 gay guys i know have told me that 'everybody likes b00bies'. something universally liked about those things, i say. i told my wife, 'everybody likes b00bies', she just shook her head. i still think its true. at least the nicer ones.

Edited by regfootball

no no and no

nothing about a man that is remotely interesting. to me, anyways. ICK ICK ICK.

however, the chicks on the L word are pretty hot.

wait, are we talking about republicans and democrats? i usually lean moderate conservative but there are some hot looking dem chicks out there i'd have no problem talking higher taxes with.

2 gay guys i know have told me that 'everybody likes b00bies'. something universally liked about those things, i say. i told my wife, 'everybody likes b00bies', she just shook her head. i still think its true. at least the nicer ones.

Not me....seriously....have no desire to look at, touch, or feel "boobies". ICK

Now, a nice set of man-pecs...? YUM......

(lame attempt to gross-out Reg.....)

:rolleyes:

My best friend and I in high school were inseparable. We had a very close relationship and experimented in junior high. We both enjoyed it, and we kept it up for a year or so. After he started dating a girl, the experimenting ended. It didn't take long for me to find a girlfriend myself, and once our relationship became serious and finally turned sexual, I knew that I was straight. He was my first "love" though, and I was still attracted to him, more on an emotional level than anything. Our girlfriends even made fun of the way we acted around each other.

Unfortunately, he passed away in a car accident the summer after we graduated. This may sound dumb, but I'm sorry I never told him I loved him when he was alive. I still think about him.

My best friend and I in high school were inseparable. We had a very close relationship and experimented in junior high. We both enjoyed it, and we kept it up for a year or so. After he started dating a girl, the experimenting ended. It didn't take long for me to find a girlfriend myself, and once our relationship became serious and finally turned sexual, I knew that I was straight. He was my first "love" though, and I was still attracted to him, more on an emotional level than anything. Our girlfriends even made fun of the way we acted around each other.

Unfortunately, he passed away in a car accident the summer after we graduated. This may sound dumb, but I'm sorry I never told him I loved him when he was alive. I still think about him.

WOW....what a story.....

It's funny....my friend in college broke up with a girlfriend.....because she bitched about how much time we spent together. He chose me over her.....funny......

WOW....what a story.....

It's been less than 3 years but it seems like a lifetime ago. A completely different part of my life.

It's been less than 3 years but it seems like a lifetime ago. A completely different part of my life.

OK...here I go....

Do you think maybe you are bisexual?

If you had that strong of an emotional bond with him......that may be telling you something about yourself.

Being "gay" isn't just about what kind of sex you like to have.....there's a HUGE emotional component to it as well (as I've learned.)

Not me....seriously....have no desire to look at, touch, or feel "boobies". ICK

Now, a nice set of man-pecs...? YUM......

(lame attempt to gross-out Reg.....)

:rolleyes:

dude, there's all that HAIR on them.....

YUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

dude, there's all that HAIR on them.....

YUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

Some are hairy....some are smooth.....

My BF has the NICEST, red pepperoni nipples....with a shading of hair around them.....

:lol:

(j/k.....now I'm REALLY trying to annoy Reg.....)

Being "gay" isn't just about what kind of sex you like to have.....there's a HUGE emotional component to it as well (as I've learned.)

interesting statement. i think i have a lot more women friends than guy friends, quite honestly, to me they are a heckuva lot more fun to talk with and joke with. certain types of them anyways. the ones who are not psychotic female princesses with major ego problems.

it makes me think about my guy friendships. love to talk sports, and of course about women, cars, sure. but i am not big into monster trucks, and action movies and shooting things with guns. but honestly, most days, if i didn't talk to any guys about anything, it would be no skin off my back. I really enjoy conversing with women more often.

to me, its easier to talk to women about emotional issues to a point. maybe for guys who prefer to talk to guys about emotional type stuff, then it might be natural to assume they may be drawn to that aspect of another person/guy if that is what they are in to.

Edited by regfootball

Some are hairy....some are smooth.....

My BF has the NICEST, red pepperoni nipples....with a shading of hair around them.....

:lol:

(j/k.....now I'm REALLY trying to annoy Reg.....)

you've never lived until you've enjoyed a woman's little tiny hair sprouts in that region, oh yeah oh yeah

interesting statement. i think i have a lot more women friends than guy friends, quite honestly, to me they are a heckuva lot more fun to talk with and joke with. certain types of them anyways. the ones who are not psychotic female princesses with major ego problems.

it makes me think about my guy friendships. love to talk sports, and of course about women, cars, sure. but i am not big into monster trucks, and action movies and shooting things with guns. but honestly, most days, if i didn't talk to any guys about anything, it would be no skin off my back. I really enjoy conversing with women more often.

to me, its easier to talk to women about emotional issues to a point. maybe for guys who prefer to talk to guys about emotional type stuff, then it might be natural to assume they may be drawn to that aspect of another person/guy if that is what they are in to.

Another way to look at it, non-sexually, is the whole feeling of falling in love.

I've never had "butterflies" in my stomach with a woman.....but every time I see Joe when he comes to town, I instantly get those "butterflies" in my stomach when I see him walking down the terminal from the plane.

Or the feeling I get when I kiss him.....just a simple kiss....drives me crazy.

Or the anxiety I get when, for some reason, I don't hear from him during any particular day...."why doesn't he call?" "What's he doing?"

I guess that more than anything is what really made me realize I was "gay." Although sex is a big component, it's by no means the ONLY component......

OK...here I go....

Do you think maybe you are bisexual?

If you had that strong of an emotional bond with him......that may be telling you something about yourself.

To an extent possibly, but I don't see men on the street and feel attracted to them in any way. I can recognize a man for being attractive, but do I feel any certain way about them? No.

I can't say that after getting to know a man the way I knew the friend I talked about previously, that I wouldn't feel a certain way for him. I can't say either that I would reject that relationship ever turning sexual. I have a hard time ever seeing it happen though, as I don't see giving myself that chance.

The way I am attracted to woman is completely different. It's initially a sexual attraction, that later given the chance might turn emotional.

I don't know where that puts me I guess. I don't see myself seeking out homosexual relationships so I see that as putting me in the straight category.

To an extent possibly, but I don't see men on the street and feel attracted to them in any way. I can recognize a man for being attractive, but do I feel any certain way about them? No.

I can't say that after getting to know a man the way I knew the friend I talked about previously, that I wouldn't feel a certain way for him. I can't say either that I would reject that relationship ever turning sexual. I have a hard time ever seeing it happen though, as I don't see giving myself that chance.

The way I am attracted to woman is completely different. It's initially a sexual attraction, that later given the chance might turn emotional.

I don't know where that puts me I guess. I don't see myself seeking out homosexual relationships so I see that as putting me in the straight category.

It's funny because I don't know what REALLY makes one "gay" or "straight."

Is it the overriding emotional feelings and attractions we have?

Or is it the sexual attraction?

Or is it a combination of both?

I'm more inclined to believe a combination. Lord knows....I LOVE sex with a man....every part of it. But I could NEVER be in a relationship with someone if I didn't have that emotional connection/feeling/desires as well......on the flip side, I could never see myself with a woman.....because, sex aside, I could never envision the same level of emotional connection with a woman as what I've felt before with men......

yeah, see, i have never had a doubt about what my preference was, and never thought anything about it. and more specifically not having to fight or conceal and finally reveal it. and now that i am getting older, i do think it really sucks that our culture is set up so that people feel they have to conceal it or repress it if they figure out how they really are and just simply want to be themselves like that. in that respect, i feel fortunate not having to think twice about it or feel confused about it or have to worry about how people might think of me.

its just handy when her hips are wider than her waist / gut and i generally also like it when her shoulders are close to her hips in size. if her hips are like way wider, than houston, there may be issues. all that physical eye candy just confirms it over and over and over.

Edited by regfootball

I don't think any one person "seeks out" "homosexual" or "heterosexual" relationships.

I think it just "happens."

You fall in love with who you fall in love with. It's genetic. It's deep inside yourself. I don't think you have a choice what relationships you are gonna "seek out."

Maybe you are totally straight....but I'm glad you had the chance to feel some special emotions with your friend. Nothing but good can every come from that. You'll always have those memories. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to tell him how you feel......

Maybe you are totally straight....

The thing is, I wouldn't be opposed to considering myself bisexual, though I'm just not sure I could have those feelings for another guy again. I've never been given another chance at that.

but I'm glad you had the chance to feel some special emotions with your friend. Nothing but good can every come from that. You'll always have those memories. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to tell him how you feel......

Thank you

anyone like chicks with hairy backs?

(touche', OC)

I don't even like GUYS with hairy backs....

:wacko:

Hairy legs? YEA...! Hairy chest and stomach? YEA...!

Hairy backs and shoulders?

:puke:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0