Ever Been Attracted to the Opposite Orientation?

I TOTALLY agree.....I think the soul connection between Joe and I is what has made us so close so quickly. He truly is my "soul mate."

...glad to see you found him. I was lucky enough to meet my sould mate when I was 19. You found yours at 37, and I wish you many wonderful years together.

Chris

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and sorry to post-slut in this thread but it is really interesting. My wife studied gender in graduate school and I've always been interested in what makes us male/female, gay/strait, or whatever.

Chris

the quickest way to find the soul connection is recognizing it in their eyes, then their smile, and if they respond to your sense of humor. then later it progresses. talking about semi serious things and then serious things.

in some cases its not always completely reciprocal, but you are able to get a somewhat measured response, even if its lukewarm.

And we all know there is probably more than one for everyone and it really sucks when you have to fight that battle at times. Being drawn to somebody extra, or wrong, perhaps, and knowing that for a variety of reasons, you can't or should not go anywhere with it. But sometimes it is plain as day in their eyes. i think its a little part of that soul connection thing turbo is talking about.

The thing that drives me insane is you feel like fire inside, yet its killing you at the same time. And you do and say stupid things, even though you know it can't go anywhere and that fact just multiplies your stupidity. You just hope in some small way the message you wish to get across connects in some very tiny way and just stays there untouched until one day they actually begin to understand what you might think about them.

what the hell was i just rambling about? ugh.

You are onto it! There are certain genetic predictors (THEORETICALLY) that actually show which people are compatible to whom. This stems from the idea that certain personality traits are learned, while other are inherent. These inherent traits are expressed in the pheromones we release and thus create that instant sense of attraction. Now some aspects of the theory are more solid than others, but it is some pretty frickin cool stuff.

FYI, ones attraction HAS been proven to increase once person B finds out person A is attracted to them. Think of that insane jolt of excitement you get when someone you like likes you back, or when you find yourself considering romantic feelings with someone you never thought about when you find out he/she has feelings for you. God I love psych!

This leads me to ask an interesting question....

Why have we never seen any lesbians on this board???

THEY-ARE-NOT-WELCOME. THEY-WILL-BE-ASSIMILATED.

Kidding. :AH-HA_wink:

Well for me since my late teens it's always been about married women, it started with my fathers best friend's wife at 16. It went on with different married women until I was almost 20, when I met Mrs. PCS. At that time there was no word like MILF, but it was more about the challenge of taking the woman from her spouse and making her mine, no matter how briefly that was. Even today, when I see a good looking married woman with her husband, I think, I could take her from you, but being the good Catholic boy that I am, I only think it and don't act upon it, just the fact of knowing I could, is enough for me.

Edit - Today when I meet a woman, I always look to see if she is wearing a wedding ring. :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Really feminine females are only so-so attractive to me. I kind of like tomboyish girls/women, to be honest. So I can relate to what you are saying.

Ideal women for me is either athletic or intellectual or musically talented.

Chris

a lot of your posts are direct mirrors of my tastes or my attitudes on women. musical women are the death of me. i like women who can think. i do like some athletic types. mostly a woman who is built good. not brick $h!house fried chicken good neccessarily, but not toothpicks.

we should talk shop about women sometimes.

You are onto it! There are certain genetic predictors (THEORETICALLY) that actually show which people are compatible to whom. This stems from the idea that certain personality traits are learned, while other are inherent. These inherent traits are expressed in the pheromones we release and thus create that instant sense of attraction. Now some aspects of the theory are more solid than others, but it is some pretty frickin cool stuff.

FYI, ones attraction HAS been proven to increase once person B finds out person A is attracted to them. Think of that insane jolt of excitement you get when someone you like likes you back, or when you find yourself considering romantic feelings with someone you never thought about when you find out he/she has feelings for you. God I love psych!

the inspiration for my drivel was blue eyes. absolutely riveting ones. i am not predisposed to that color of feature in particular, but in this case, they mesmerize you so you cannot think straight (sorry, no pun intended).

all this said, i can't have any side dishes in my life, so its been reduced to torture of the highest order, at least for me. bankers hours flirtations. when they look right at me, and i can tell they are directly focused on me, you might as well tase me, bro, because that is the net effect. I sense a response that i can see that is curious, somewhat revealing and reciprocal but uncertain and tempered with the reality of anything simply not being possible. All I want to know is if they simply think about it, like i do, since that's all i can afford to do. All I want to know is that there is a semi equal curiosity or spark there, like i said, i hope someday it registers what I really think. Just some minor signal that they are on to me....and don't mind.

This leads me to ask an interesting question....

Why have we never seen any lesbians on this board???

I'm not sure if we've had any Lebanese folks here. Is anyone here Lebanese? Anyone here from Lebanon? :P

the inspiration for my drivel was blue eyes. absolutely riveting ones. i am not predisposed to that color of feature in particular, but in this case, they mesmerize you so you cannot think straight (sorry, no pun intended).

all this said, i can't have any side dishes in my life, so its been reduced to torture of the highest order, at least for me. bankers hours flirtations. when they look right at me, and i can tell they are directly focused on me, you might as well tase me, bro, because that is the net effect. I sense a response that i can see that is curious, somewhat revealing and reciprocal but uncertain and tempered with the reality of anything simply not being possible. All I want to know is if they simply think about it, like i do, since that's all i can afford to do. All I want to know is that there is a semi equal curiosity or spark there, like i said, i hope someday it registers what I really think. Just some minor signal that they are on to me....and don't mind.

It is amazing how simply powerful physical attraction can be. I have a gay friend, who is also in a relationship (well, sort of - he seems to know EVERYBODY at the Y, so I am very suspicious) and although he prattles on and on about 'spirituality' and crap about aliens from space having seeded the earth (yeah, like Chariots of the Gods was written yesterday), I find myself crazily attracted to him. He is Romanian, very well built, but there is just something so animal, so sexy about him. I've told my partner about this silly attraction. It pisses me off, frankly. He is a nice guy, but a bit of a moron, really - yet, I find myself wanting to join the Y (I go to a different, less sexual gym) just to see him naked. My partner does go to the Y with him and sees him naked all the time but doesn't understand my attraction.

I've often thought how different our lives would be if we could read minds, or at least sense emotions. It certainly would dispense with a lot of BS and posturing in society. So much strife is caused by the games people play. I've had straight friends say they would get angry if a guy made a pass at them. My attitude to them is,'Listen, enjoy it while it lasts. There will come a day when NOBODY makes a pass at you and you will miss that.'

this is really weird because i know EXACTLY what you're talking about... it happened to me during this quarter of school... i had seen this one girl around campus before and had thought she was very... very attractive and then in my chemistry lecture one day i look across the lecture hall and there she is... as im leaving lecture i notice her walking only slightly in front of me... it is at this point that i can feel my heart beating faster, my breathing is quick and shallow and my blood literally felt like fire... it turned out she lives in the dorm right across from mine... but to this day all that has ever been exchanged between us is eye contact and a few smiles... ive walked back from lecture right next to her many many times but could never build up the courage to introduce myself... tomorrow is the last chem lecture and my final is on monday so on this campus of 50,000+ students even with her living right across from me i may never see her again... who knows what could have been... oh well

as far as the topic of the thread... its kind of an interesting question... as much of you know i am a gymnast so you can imagine i have a few gay friends, im really close to all of my friends regardless of gender/sexuality etc just because thats how i am... but anyway... at nationals last year one of my gay friends told me that he found me very attractive, and i wasnt upset or anything... he was being honest and i knew he wouldnt do anything about it because he respected me and my sexuality as i respected his... there was enough trust there that when he got locked out of his room that night i let him share a bed with me because i had one to myself... i can honestly say that there were never any thoughts of anything happening between us... at least on my end... but im definitely very close to him... to the point that i was very upset in february when the shootings at Northern Illinois University happened because he and many of my other friend go to that school and live seconds from campus... luckily noone i know was hurt in that tragedy but it was an absolutely terrifying 2 hours between when i heard about it and when i heard they were all okay, i even cried at one point which is not something i usually do... anyway i think in the end it just comes down to a respect for each other and the ability to say that you have emotional feelings for someone without being ashamed, because emotional feelings do not always constitute romantic feelings... for example, you love your mother and father much differently than you love your girlfriend or wife, so why is it a stretch to think that you cant love men in a way that is different from the way you love women?

it sucks how when you finally talk to them all you can think about is how intensely you feel about this person, you want to scream it to thier face, and all you can think about inside is when is this going to get to the place I've already fantasized about.

but both you and reg got it right. if you use this to develop your friendship and understand the fact that you are dealing with a person not some object to have fun with, get off with, then you will have much luck in relationships, and eventually marriage.

Only reason I'd consider going gay is because women are such a pain in the ass to live/deal with day in and day out. It seems gay guys have a much easier time when it comes to getting action as well...so that's a plus...

I'm sure every man has had a thought about being with another man...regardless if it was a good or bad thought. If they claim otherwise, they are full of $h!.

Personally, I've thought about myself in that situation, and I just don't see it happening. Not even on an emotional level. I love and care about my buddies, but that love is on a different level then, say, the love I have for my family, or the love I would have for a woman.

When I am around/with a woman, different feelings and emotions involuntarily fill through me unlike any I would experience around a guy friend...even a guy friend who I am very close with. When I get close to my buddies, I develop more family related emotions towards them rather than "lover/significant other/attraction" type emotions.

Edited by Nick

...and sorry to post-slut in this thread but it is really interesting. My wife studied gender in graduate school and I've always been interested in what makes us male/female, gay/strait, or whatever.

Chris

LOL

I'm a post-slut too....don't worry about it. It's what makes spending time on here interesting! I also tend to read posts in order and respond each time I think I have an appropriate comment.....

And it is a totally interesting idea for discussion.....

THEY-ARE-NOT-WELCOME. THEY-WILL-BE-ASSIMILATED.

Kidding. :AH-HA_wink:

We are the Gay Borg.....Resistance is futile.....we will add your gay biological distinciveness to our own. Your straight culture will adapt to service US....

:gay:

(Yea! I get to use the gay emoticon for the first time.....)

Ohhhhhh. Thanks OC! I had always wondered if Danny Thomas had visited C&G. :P

I wondered who would link that to that episode of GG. :lol:

I could go on-and-on about the Golden Girls...! I own all seasons on DVD even......

(Now that's a give-away to being gay if I ever heard of one.....LOL)

Really feminine females are only so-so attractive to me. I kind of like tomboyish girls/women, to be honest. So I can relate to what you are saying.

Ideal women for me is either athletic or intellectual or musically talented.

Chris

a lot of your posts are direct mirrors of my tastes or my attitudes on women. musical women are the death of me. i like women who can think. i do like some athletic types. mostly a woman who is built good. not brick $h!house fried chicken good neccessarily, but not toothpicks.

we should talk shop about women sometimes.

This is very interesting. I find women who are very petite, and very feminine extremely sexy. I look for some nice curves as well (not fat). If she has a sexy smoker's voice then that just adds to their mystique for me.

My tastes in men are the opposite. I like very masculine men with facial hair and a deep husky voice. I prefer taller guys on a muscular structure. Meat on their bones is a good thing. I used to prefer men older than myself, but since I've gotten old I have dated a few guys who were in their 30s. The problem with them is they want a "daddy bear" and I do not want to be some young cubs sugar daddy. The man I am dating now is of equal financial stability as myself and isn't after me to take care of him. We've been enjoying each other company and he's been a huge support through some tough times, and I've been to his recent tough times.

Oh, and for those interested, he drives a white diamond Buick Enclave and he also has a 2004 Lexus LS430. Hes gracious enough not to bring it when he comes to visit, lucky for him. I told him the Lexus has to go and he said it's about out of warranty so he will trade it in on something American. I think this guy is a keeper.

I could go on-and-on about the Golden Girls...! I own all seasons on DVD even......

(Now that's a give-away to being gay if I ever heard of one.....LOL)

That, and if they had Designing Women on DVD. I loved that show, too.

I think they do......

I seem to remember buying my ex a present one time....it was like a "Best of Designing Women" DVD.......

(I loved Julia....she was my favorite....)

Yeah, I have that one, too. I'd by the entire series on DVD though.

I am definately straight, way too attracted to boobies (is that possible?).

I can appreciate how a man in good shape appears, but that is just an appreciation for the form of the human body in general, which is an amazing design. But, I do not feel any attraction toward men sexually. I have wondered about it, but it turns out that is just because I tend to think about anything and usually wind up overanalyzing.

When I first met the woman who has now been my wife for almost 15 years, it was an instant attraction. Now, I am not sure that I believe in love at first sight but it certainly felt like it. There was a massive visual attraction (remember I am addicted to boobies), but I also had that butterfly feeling in my stomach.

The more we talked and we together, the stronger my feelings for her were. There was only one thing about her that I really didn't like. She couldn't assert herself. She seemed afraid to contradict anyone or put herself before anyone else, ever. I had a hard time getting her to tell me what SHE wanted. After she understood that I wanted her as a whole persone, not just an attachment or extension of me, our love grew stronger than i thought possible.

We fought, argued, disagreed, and even thown up that 'D' word. But, we have always found a way to meet on common ground. I love her more today than I did when we met or even on the day we got married.

All this reminds me of something that my dad told me time and again. 'Love is not an emotion it is a decision. The emotions that come from that decision show us wether or not we made a good deicsion.' Over the years since he passed away (I still miss him an incredivle amount-it hurts to talk about him sometimes) I have thought about this a lot. With all of the problems they had, they could have easily called it quits. But, dad said every day he looked within himself and decided that yes, he still loved mom. Its not a perfect example, but then what is?

Our sexual orientation is largely uncontrollable and usually completely irrational. It has defied explanation for centuries and even today people can't agreed on the whys. People can argue genetics versus environment until the sun grows cold and it won't matter one bit. The argument won't change how anyone feels about the people they are attracted to or the ones they come to love.

See, My partner likes British comedies and SciFi...

One gift for him has been the entire collection of "Are you Being Served"

Another gift for him has been the 10 season collection of "Stargate SG1"

We have Seasons 1 & 2 for the new BattleStar Galactica.

We have all the episodes for "Allo Allo"... Uhm... don't ask how. IIRC they're not all out on DVD yet.

As a gift from him, I received the entire collection of "Keeping Up Appearances"

He seems to think I remind him of Hyacinth. Love the show... but... <_<

He is a little like Richard... well, he will be in about 20 years. :lol:

I can appreciate how a man in good shape appears, but that is just an appreciation for the form of the human body in general, which is an amazing design. But, I do not feel any attraction toward men sexually. I have wondered about it, but it turns out that is just because I tend to think about anything and usually wind up overanalyzing.

When I first met the woman who has now been my wife for almost 15 years, it was an instant attraction. Now, I am not sure that I believe in love at first sight but it certainly felt like it. There was a massive visual attraction (remember I am addicted to boobies), but I also had that butterfly feeling in my stomach.

The more we talked and we together, the stronger my feelings for her were. There was only one thing about her that I really didn't like. She couldn't assert herself. She seemed afraid to contradict anyone or put herself before anyone else, ever. I had a hard time getting her to tell me what SHE wanted. After she understood that I wanted her as a whole persone, not just an attachment or extension of me, our love grew stronger than i thought possible.

We fought, argued, disagreed, and even thown up that 'D' word. But, we have always found a way to meet on common ground. I love her more today than I did when we met or even on the day we got married.

All this reminds me of something that my dad told me time and again. 'Love is not an emotion it is a decision. The emotions that come from that decision show us wether or not we made a good deicsion.' Over the years since he passed away (I still miss him an incredivle amount-it hurts to talk about him sometimes) I have thought about this a lot. With all of the problems they had, they could have easily called it quits. But, dad said every day he looked within himself and decided that yes, he still loved mom. Its not a perfect example, but then what is?

Our sexual orientation is largely uncontrollable and usually completely irrational. It has defied explanation for centuries and even today people can't agreed on the whys. People can argue genetics versus environment until the sun grows cold and it won't matter one bit. The argument won't change how anyone feels about the people they are attracted to or the ones they come to love.

GREAT post....! Thanks!

Oh....and...."boobies?"

:puke:

LOL

GREAT post....! Thanks!

Oh....and...."boobies?"

:puke:

LOL

WHAT?!?!?!?!? I love boobies, breasts, headlights, whatever you want to call them.

I love a cold day when it looks like you have to reset a woman's circuit breakers.

Great post. Comes from the heart. :thumbsup:

WHAT?!?!?!?!? I love boobies, breasts, headlights, whatever you want to call them.

I love a cold day when it looks like you have to reset a woman's circuit breakers.

Let me help out.

boobs, breasts, breasteses, headlights, knockers, bazooms, tits, titties, juggs, orbs, sweater stretchers, lung protectors, hooters, shooter, tooter, bald commuters, MRE's, PFEs, gerbers, holy grails, traffic stoppers, double whoppers,cones, hubcaps, innertubes, midget earmuffs, frontal lobes, knickerbonkers, jogging partners, two point jumpes, bambi's thumpers, rudabegas, congo bongos, bowling pins, siamese twins.

(cold weather indicators) when cold

Let me help out.

boobs, breasts, breasteses, headlights, knockers, bazooms, tits, titties, juggs, orbs, sweater stretchers, lung protectors, hooters, shooter, tooter, bald commuters, MRE's, PFEs, gerbers, holy grails, traffic stoppers, double whoppers,cones, hubcaps, innertubes, midget earmuffs, frontal lobes, knickerbonkers, jogging partners, two point jumpes, bambi's thumpers, rudabegas, congo bongos, bowling pins, siamese twins.

:lol:

Let me help out.

With a names like those how can you NOT love them. :wub:

:rotflmao:

Let me help out.

:lol:

This is why I am an Electrician

You don't mean like.. a macho lesbian chick I hope, right?

No, not at all. But there are Lesbian women who turn me on and they are not all as feminine as a playboy playmate...

Chris

Only reason I'd consider going gay is because women are such a pain in the ass to live/deal with day in and day out. It seems gay guys have a much easier time when it comes to getting action as well...so that's a plus...

I'm sure every man has had a thought about being with another man...regardless if it was a good or bad thought. If they claim otherwise, they are full of &#036;h&#33;.

Personally, I've thought about myself in that situation, and I just don't see it happening. Not even on an emotional level. I love and care about my buddies, but that love is on a different level then, say, the love I have for my family, or the love I would have for a woman.

When I am around/with a woman, different feelings and emotions involuntarily fill through me unlike any I would experience around a guy friend...even a guy friend who I am very close with. When I get close to my buddies, I develop more family related emotions towards them rather than "lover/significant other/attraction" type emotions.

One of my female friends once said..."guys have it easy, they can go out and fight in a parking lot, shake hands, and be friends. Women hold grudges forever."

Sometimes it is so blessedly simple and nice to be a guy.

Chris

One of my female friends once said..."guys have it easy, they can go out and fight in a parking lot, shake hands, and be friends. Women hold grudges forever."

Sometimes it is so blessedly simple and nice to be a guy.

Chris

I'm sure women could just let it go as well if they made the choice to act that way.

Some of the men I've known through bear clubs and bear runs have held grudges and been really catty towards other men. These are the same guys who bash twinks and drag queens for being this way. It's just stupid. Forgiving is harder than forgetting. You forget people a thousand times a day.

is said particular psych major hot (1), female(2), and free for drinks(3)? Yeah, and can they pay(4)?

(1) Yes-I hope

(2) No

(3) Yes

(4) Yes

This is very interesting. I find women who are very petite, and very feminine extremely sexy. I look for some nice curves as well (not fat). If she has a sexy smoker's voice then that just adds to their mystique for me.

My tastes in men are the opposite. I like very masculine men with facial hair and a deep husky voice. I prefer taller guys on a muscular structure. Meat on their bones is a good thing. I used to prefer men older than myself, but since I've gotten old I have dated a few guys who were in their 30s. The problem with them is they want a "daddy bear" and I do not want to be some young cubs sugar daddy. The man I am dating now is of equal financial stability as myself and isn't after me to take care of him. We've been enjoying each other company and he's been a huge support through some tough times, and I've been to his recent tough times.

Oh, and for those interested, he drives a white diamond Buick Enclave and he also has a 2004 Lexus LS430. Hes gracious enough not to bring it when he comes to visit, lucky for him. I told him the Lexus has to go and he said it's about out of warranty so he will trade it in on something American. I think this guy is a keeper.

Ask me about the 3 models for successful gay relationships book my psychologist friend gave to me sometime. Here's a hint, all three are listed in your post and are really fascinating. :-) As it turns out, 90% of long term gay relationships have one of these three features and is shockingly logical.

Edited by jcgable

Ask me about the 3 models for successful gay relationships book my psychologist friend gave to me sometime. Here's a hint, all three are listed in your post and are really fascinating. :-) As it turns out, 90% of long term gay relationships have one of these three features and is shockingly logical.

Well, which one is it son? I'm dying to know!