$10 million bounty for 100MPG car

When I drove the Sebring, if I put it into neutral and coasted downhill at about 80, the DIC would register 99mpg. Does that count?

Malfunctioning onboard computer? :smilewide:

Edited by ZL-1

When I drove the Sebring, if I put it into neutral and coasted downhill at about 80, the DIC would register 99mpg. Does that count?

No, cause it needs to be 100mpg, not 99. :AH-HA_wink:

Very nice sig you have there! I have a special fondness for Ohio, I went to school there and also a few other places. :smilewide:

Thanks. Thats my 03 Buick Regal GS. Despite the 10 year old design, its still a better looking car than LaCrosse and Lucerne. I am going to hold on to it until Buick has a car I want to buy (like the China Park Avenue). Speaking of Holden cars, is that one in your sig?

Edited by gsdaddy

My Grand Cherokee does the same thing...I don't believe it..

It is technically right...When you take your foot off the gas pedal and say you are coasting or going down a hill, the engine will automatically shut off fuel. The movement of the car connected through the drive train supplies the engine with enough momentum to keep it revolving, but obviously you will slow down due to the concept of engine braking.

So theoretically, you are getting an infinite amount of miles per gallon because technically you aren't using any fuel. (of course, there is a threshold...when the engine dips down far enough into the rpm gas flow will start back up again as it goes into idle mode)

honnestly, give me the money i could engineer a fully functional vehicle to achieve that... and I could even do it, using an old 60's dinosaur vehicle.

I could probably do it with a truck, or a car, or awd... probably would all include hybrid, but thats not the point. but i actually have a concept design that would be very fast, areodynamic, very purpose built, that can handle style