I've never seen hate for GM, as bad as this

:lol:

Uneducated fools...

I can't stand all this global warming bull$h! any longer. The masses won't ever hear the truth...Emissions induced global warming has turned into a multi-billion dollar enterprise, so it should come as no surprise how global warming is being propagated.

The real truth is the Sun commands our global temperature more than anything. In fact, regardless of what the global warming advocates want to believe, we are heading towards a cooling trend. Solar energy has actually been decreasing slightly, which is natural for the phases the sun goes through...especially its 11 year sunspot cycle. In a decade or so the sun is expected to enter into its lowest Schwabe cycle in a long time which is very likely to send us into another Maunder minimum.

I'll try to refrain from getting into details too much...This entire situation is just so ironic. We are shooting ourselves in the foot. The sheep have no idea what they are in for.

Edited by Nick

When I was a kid (like 12 years old... so in other words in like 1991) I read an interesting

article in an old magazine (even at that age I collected old crap) from the late 1970s or

possibly early 1980s that described in detail how we are heading into another ice-age.

Simply because of this one article whenever some ignorant fool goes on a tirade about

global warming I just retort "last I heard we're headed for an ice age..." because if nothng

else it calms my nerves while spiking their blood pressure.

I hope Al Gore lives long enough to see snow in Phoenix. :P

This is what we are fighting sandal wearing, Prius driving, bike riding, garanola eating self actually-izing, liberal voting, America hating, radical left extremist that hate anything that is red white and blue. Figures, prolly all voting for "tree hugging" idot in the next election. Bastards something I can't stand and global warming and Prius driving idots is one of them.

When I was a kid (like 12 years old... so in other words in like 1991) I read an interesting article in an old magazine (even at that age I collected old crap) from the late 1970s or possibly early 1980s that described in detail how we are heading into another ice-age.

Simply because of this one article whenever some ignorant fool goes on a tirade about global warming I just retort "last I heard we're headed for an ice age..." because if nothing else it calms my nerves while spiking their blood pressure.

Environmentalists are like the boy in the story of the little boy that cried wolf. I wonder if the Global Warming campaign will be the last time we listen to that little boy. I hope so, and not after it is too late.

However, there has been only one positive that I can see coming from the enviro-nut BS, and it that we are claiming independence on the front of where we get our energy from. I am upset that progress is slow, however. It shouldn't be taking so long.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Y'know, the real culprit here is not Lutz, General Motors, the United States or even global warming: the real culprit is certain countries (and they know who they are) penchant for spitting out babies. Seven billion, breathing souls on this planet is the real culprit.

I saw a show last night about the Shasta dam in California. It was a well balanced show, doing a lot of boo-hooing over 150 'native Americans' and their rights to their sacred grounds along the Sacramento River, versus the 50 million Californians expected to move to live in that State over the next 25 years. That is the real problem. We cannot simply pave over the entire planet. Since nobody wants to live on top of the Cascade mountains, we have to learn to grow a society without doubling our population every 50 years.

Think about it: if we had frozen India's population at it's 1960 level of 500 million, China's at 600 million and the U.S.' at 200 million, there is no reason on earth we couldn't all be driving around in 6.2 litre, fire breathing Corvettes and Escalades. :smilewide: (Now, I know this is the coffee talking!)

Instead, the greenies are going to force us all into Mumbai-like slums and jam us into Tokyo-style subway trains because nobody has the cajonies to start educating people to KEEP IT IN THEIR PANTS.

Instead, the greenies are going to force us all into Mumbai-like slums and jam us into Tokyo-style subway trains because nobody has the cajonies to start educating people to KEEP IT IN THEIR PANTS.

sorry, I have to disagree... at least for the reasons you stated. If gas was still even $1.50 you think all this talk would still be as crazy as it is? oil hasn't gotten more expensive in terms of gold, the slowing economy and lagging $ is causing unrest (and all the other things going wrong) we do need to grow a pair, but for other reasons, not the population "explosion" in the past 20 years.

sorry, I have to disagree... at least for the reasons you stated. If gas was still even $1.50 you think all this talk would still be as crazy as it is? oil hasn't gotten more expensive in terms of gold, the slowing economy and lagging $ is causing unrest (and all the other things going wrong) we do need to grow a pair, but for other reasons, not the population "explosion" in the past 20 years.

But why is gas not $1.50? The War in Iraq? That assclown in Venezuela? Partially. But why is the Canadian dollar gone crazy? The world has waken up to the fact that China, India and Brazil are going to need another Saudi Arabia EACH in the next 20 years to keep up with demand. The Chinese have every right to expect the same standard of living as us, but I don't believe they have the right to breed like rats. Every time I watch a program about these 'developing' countries, the over-riding sense I leave with is that they MUST get their populations under control.

We North Americans may consume energy like crazy (and there certainly is room for improvement in that department), but China only has to acheive 25% of the standard of living of the U.S. to surpass it in consumption of resources. What would happen if China reached 50%?

Instead, we in the West like to tsk tsk and flagelate ourselves for our consumption, but ours won't mean a hill of beans in 20 years. No, we'd rather blame GM, Lutz and ourselves for all the worlds evils.

But why is gas not $1.50? The War in Iraq? That assclown in Venezuela? Partially. But why is the Canadian dollar gone crazy? The world has waken up to the fact that China, India and Brazil are going to need another Saudi Arabia EACH in the next 20 years to keep up with demand. The Chinese have every right to expect the same standard of living as us, but I don't believe they have the right to breed like rats. Every time I watch a program about these 'developing' countries, the over-riding sense I leave with is that they MUST get their populations under control.

We North Americans may consume energy like crazy (and there certainly is room for improvement in that department), but China only has to acheive 25% of the standard of living of the U.S. to surpass it in consumption of resources. What would happen if China reached 50%?

Instead, we in the West like to tsk tsk and flagelate ourselves for our consumption, but ours won't mean a hill of beans in 20 years. No, we'd rather blame GM, Lutz and ourselves for all the worlds evils.

At least they have this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy

Think Progress is a site by the Center for American Progress, a think tank for left wing nut jobs. Think of it as the equivalent of the Heritage Foundation (a think tank for conservative nut jobs) or the Cato Institute (a think tank for libertarian nut jobs.) Take anything you read on it's pages (or the pages of any site sponsored by a think tank) with a grain of salt and a few shots of red eye, then disregard it completely since it probably still smells bad from being pulled out of someone's ass.

:yes:

Well, clearly that program isn't working! Even with the millions of Chinese emigrating out of China every year, their population is climbing by more than a one child per couple would indicate. However, at least Beijing is trying to do something. The situation in India is far more dire - for them and for us.