Pictures of wrecked 2008 Malibu

I had a chance to buy really cheap ( think hundreds not thousands) a Malibu MAAXX that had been hit. Nice car, but wasn't worth the price to fix it.

Sad to see anything hurt...other than a Kia/Hyundai/Mitsu/(insert other stupid car here)

Chris

*raises eyebrow*

Uh, did they put in a new dashboard? It doesn't look like the airbags went off ... unless I missed something...?

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Just for a moment I held you too close" ... Steve Wariner ... 'The Weekend'

*raises eyebrow*

Uh, did they put in a new dashboard? It doesn't look like the airbags went off ... unless I missed something...?

I wondered about that...I suspect the collision speed was too low to trigger the bags...

The pic shows the driver's side airbag went off.

There wasn't anyone in the passenger seat so it didn't go off (Airbag Suppression System)

EXACTLY. Driver's bag did blow, as can be seen, but there either wasn't anyone in the passenger's seat or they were very light, so the sensing system kept that one turned off--saves repair expense as well as possible light person injury.

EXACTLY. Driver's bag did blow, as can be seen, but there either wasn't anyone in the passenger's seat or they were very light, so the sensing system kept that one turned off--saves repair expense as well as possible light person injury.

Ahhh...didn't realize there were multiple pics..can't see the split wheel center hub in the first pic.

That's painful to see. :(

Yes, especially for someone with one!

Also today, the IIHS tests of side/rear, etc. including the Malibu and this is the headline pic they used:

ces0811_03_450-op.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/10/iihs-mi...er-rear-crashe/

Lots of silver Malibus being crushed!

Ah it is an LS so I am not as mad as I could be if the killed a 2LT (my favorite the 'Bu I would get with a 4 cylidner no kidding I woundn't do a V6 especially with the 6spd auto coming next year in a 2LT) or LTZ even a 1LT.

Thank you! Another of same heart...

Image00031.jpg

2LT 4-cyl all the way, even with the old 4-speed :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting on a local dealer to get their first late '08 LTZ 4-cyl's in with the 6-speed to email me, so I can give one a whirl. The current setup is great, just revs the 2.4L out a bit much at times.

Okay, enough hijack :AH-HA_wink:

Image00031.jpg

I'm still waiting on a local dealer to get their first late '08 LTZ 4-cyl's in with the 6-speed to email me, so I can give one a whirl. The current setup is great, just revs the 2.4L out a bit much at times.

That is one beautiful 'Bu. Love that color combo and the 2LT 4cylinder wheels are my favorite design on any 'Bu.

On a side note, this afternoon I saw a beautiful Amber Bronze 1LT today. That color is just gorgeous on the 'Bu. It's a very striking car. They drive great. I recently drove a Red Jewel LTZ V-6 after drivnig an 08 Altima 3.5SL and an 08 Accord EX V-6 and thought it was better in many aspects. Besides the great drive, drum tight body shell, good steering, and good breaks, the car is a looker. I noticed people checking it out. This is the car Chevy really needed. Glad to see it doing well.

Image00031.jpg

I love that color....

I want to test drive the 4cyl 6spds too....

Eh, if I can have a 6, why get a 4. I like the LTZ Malibu but my conservative streak wants to kill who came up with the brick for a two tone with black.\

My Ideal Malibu is therefore a Dark Titanium LT2 V6 with Black UltraLux Interior.

Eh, if I can have a 6, why get a 4. I like the LTZ Malibu but my conservative streak wants to kill who came up with the brick for a two tone with black.\

My Ideal Malibu is therefore a Dark Titanium LT2 V6 with Black UltraLux Interior.

Almost silent, silky smooth, very spunky, better fuel economy, and $2000 less. Still hard to believe I transformed my mother from 5 years of V8's and never anything smaller than a 3.0L V6 to a 2.4L Malibu, but she loves every minute of it--and was thrilled to save two grand and get better gas mileage in the process.

You sound a lot like my father, however, "eh, I'd still get a V6 if I could". Well, why? "I don't know, just because." All the while remarking how silent the 4-cyl is, how smooth, etc. The rest of the family fleet is still V8's, but that bigger engine "just because" days are over with gas prices, etc.

And there's no Dark Titanium, just Dark Gray...simple mistake :AH-HA_wink:

I'd LOVE to see the LTZ have better interior choices too--it is the top model after all. I lilke the Brick/Black, but it's polarizing (which they intended), and the Cocoa/Cashmere is very 2-toned itself in a way not everyone likes, color-wise. There should be a Titanium/Ebony (i.e. dark upper, light lower) and also a Cashmere/Ebony, as well as another normal choice or two.

There should be a Titanium/Ebony (i.e. dark upper, light lower) and also a Cashmere/Ebony, as well as another normal choice or two.

A Car that size shouldn't have less than 200HP IMO, eh, it's just me probably. Btw... I'd write GM about the Titanium/Ebony (Perhaps for 2010)

A Car that size shouldn't have less than 200HP IMO, eh, it's just me probably. Btw... I'd write GM about the Titanium/Ebony (Perhaps for 2010)

Camrys and Accords have been this size (and bigger) for eon's, and sold seeminly 9 out of 10 as 4-cylinders, which people love and continue to buy. There's something sweet about a car that isn't overly heavy combined with a lighter weight, zippy 4-cyl up front. Remarked on for years in reference to the Camcord's, and I finally "got it" after my month with an '07 Malibu 2.2L I wasn't sure of at first. The Epsilon platform in particular seems ideal with a light 4-cyl up front.

Oh well, everyone buys what they like or have to have for whatever reason...at least until CAFE sets in more strictly and mileage standards have to be met in more and different (i.e. smaller) ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the accidents...odd that the Malibu & Aura ended up with a "Marginal" rear impact rating. Seems to be based on issues with head restraints and such.

Edited by caddycruiser