Merc concept still available...

Pretty cool; not often you see a Ford concept car for sale or otherwise. About eight years ago I was fortunate enough to see the 1955 Lincoln Indianapolis coupe in person at a local Concours d'Elegance that sadly no longer exists, and that's more than most have probably seen. What I wouldn't give to go back in time to the legendary Warhoops salvage yard and fish a priceless concept car out of the pile!

Pretty cool; not often you see a Ford concept car for sale or otherwise. About eight years ago I was fortunate enough to see the 1955 Lincoln Indianapolis coupe in person at a local Concours d'Elegance that sadly no longer exists, and that's more than most have probably seen. What I wouldn't give to go back in time to the legendary Warhoops salvage yard and fish a priceless concept car out of the pile!

:yes:

Not sure what's going on with Bortz- his site has been 'undergoing upgrades' or whatever for a long long while, and some of the cars I KNOW he owned have been up for sale. I might be wrong, but I could swear he owned this Merc at one point, plus he sold the '61 Tempest Monte Carlo last year, and there's another one I know he at least put up. I would hazard to guess (& hope) he's loosening up some capital to put into the other 'concepts in waiting' for resto, like the '55 LaSs.

Have you seen any old pics from Warhoops, XP? Having been in many junkyards myself, I would have literally fallen over had I even stumbled on an old concept... or even a piece of one.

Car sat for decades in a farmer's field in MI, how & why it got there I believe is lost to time.

Kinda like the one and only 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II concept that was found up to its rocker panels in mud in an old dilapidated, half-collapsed chicken coop in Indiana. Did anybody else catch that story in Muscle Car Review about two years back? I'd love to be able to have the time and money to buy a motorhome and a car trailer and go exploring the backyards and barns of America, dragging stuff home one at a time!

See, I wasn't aware Ford even had a 'Heritage Center'...

If so, I certainly would hope they'd at least consider it, surviving Ford concepts from the '50s are like hen's teeth.

I don't even know if they do.... I was just giving a reason to Ford to buy it... even if just to start a 'Heritage Center'

Very, very cool. That front end really is menacing... like a hooded Grim Reaper.

I'd love to own it but I'd never pay $100,000+ for it.

See, I wasn't aware Ford even had a 'Heritage Center'...

If so, I certainly would hope they'd at least consider it, surviving Ford concepts from the '50s are like hen's teeth.

Excellent idea...nice find ...The Henry Ford Museum has many cars but few Ford concepts,

have a look. They do have an awesome Weinermobile...

http://www.nashnut.com/archives/cat_henry_...rn_mi_2005.html

Edited by mightymouse