I've been back in the USA 9 days, Ive seen 3 GM ads.

I have seen a total of 3 GM ads since I've came back to the USA 9 days ago. The sad thing is, one was for the the Cadillac Escalade, the other was for the GMC Acadia, both these ads were on TV, the other add I saw was for the Pontiac G8, it was an internet ad. These are not the vehicles GM needs to be pushing in the days of 4 bucks a gallon gas, which is surely to go higher. They should be showing ads that show GM vehicles that get 30 mpg or more, once again GM shoots itself in the foot.

All I see are Memorial Week Sale ads, compared to the annoying Honda Ridgleline (Tough meets Classy) and Honda Pilot commercials that run constantly. GM still cannot advertise the car, just the deal. I used to see CTS ads quite a bit, and those weren't bad, but they've tapered off.

I saw an ad on TV at the gym today for the new Corolla, touting "Toyota Quality and Value" and "35 mpg". I thought to myself where is the Cobalt XFE sedan ad, touting 36 mpg? Where is the ad for these tight times pointing out true ownership costs for the Cobalt, which are extremely low?

I saw an ad on TV at the gym today for the new Corolla, touting "Toyota Quality and Value" and "35 mpg". I thought to myself where is the Cobalt XFE sedan ad, touting 36 mpg? Where is the ad for these tight times pointing out true ownership costs for the Cobalt, which are extremely low?

Under the big, green arrow?

GM's advertising efforts are pitiful.

Here is an idea: instead of turning the ad work over to an agency, GM opens up a full-on advertising department of their own, benchmarking vintage GM ads of the 1960s and early 1970s. :scratchchin:

Edited by YellowJacket894

YEAH. Where, aside from dealer ads (which a lot have pointed out), are GM ads talking about the praises of the Cobalt, XFE, and that 36 mpg figure?

It's either what's the latest rebate (STILL...ugh) on the Cobalt, the Memorial Day special, and then just a brief mention of (like I heard tonight) 33 mpg.

XFE...XFE...we can do it GM. All you need is one new commercial. The Malibu ones are stunning. Get that team on it. Just one good one. Then again, you can't spend too much on a stick-only base'ish compact coupe...just not something very many people will actually sign the dotted line for, I guess.

Edited by caddycruiser