HarleyEarl

Chevrolet Gallery

41 posts in this topic

I'm starting with the '59 Chevrolet Impala, must be the most radically styled Chevy ever.

59studcarcj8.jpg

Just cars, or trucks too?

I say, anything Chevrolet is welcome in this gallery...:)

Luv the color scheme on this truck, the '59 Chevrolet Fleetside:

59fleetsidechevyik7.jpg

This has to be one of the hottest looking Corvair customs I've ever seen....it has an LS7 engine in that rear. Take that Ralph!!!...whack!

I never tire of that roofline and those porportions...

corvaircostumeca7.jpg

Edited by HarleyEarl

Cars like that make me a GM fan.

Anyone know what Chevrolet this is?

chevywhatis4.jpg

Wankel engine prototype?

xbraedt1.JPG

How about a '32 Confederate rumble seat coupe?

1965 Impala SS Ragtop...

65impala1.jpg

My father's first car was not unlike this one.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Harley, your 11:55 pm post has to be a rebodied Corvair. There were several concept cars based on the Corvair, some made by European coachbuilders. I may have seen it before in photos from a different angle, but I cannot name it. It's pretty tho.

Harley, your 11:55 pm post has to be a rebodied Corvair. There were several concept cars based on the Corvair, some made by European coachbuilders. I may have seen it before in photos from a different angle, but I cannot name it. It's pretty tho.

It indeed is a rebodied Corvair...by Pininfarina. It's a good looker for sure. I'd seen others, but didnt know about this one.

Absolutely luv those Cameos!

Vintage photo of Chevrolet dealership:

vintage67ix1.jpg

my 69 impy

P1000786-1.jpg

what my colorado ended up replaceing (10mpg ouches)

truckpic.JPG

Frankly, we could post a rusted exhaust pipe from a '60's Chevy and it would look better than 95% of what is on the road today.

Frankly, we could post a rusted exhaust pipe from a '60's Chevy and it would look better than 95% of what is on the road today.

Isn't that the truth!!!!

Luv your era of Chevys.

Here's the 1970:

70ar5.jpg

cletus, I :lovey: the '90-'93 Chevy 454SS! If I had the money, I'd try to get one. There's one in the local Auto Shopper magazine; it's garage-kept and has about 20k miles on it, but the asking price ($20k) is definitely not in my ballpark! Other than the whopping 10 MPG, did you like it? When I sold new cars back in '99-'00, the manager there downplayed the 454SS they once had, saying it wasn't as fast as he thought it would be (but he did like their Syclone better, so I can't fault him too much!).

Isn't that the truth!!!!

Luv your era of Chevys.

Here's the 1970:

70ar5.jpg

1970 was the last 'good' year for the full size Chevy's, IMO. After that, only the 'big' coupes were interesting to me. The 1970 Caprice and the '67 Impala are my two favorite Chevys from that era.

I agree with you in the sense, that the 71 lost that certain 'Chevyness'....the frontends became more formal with big prominent grills, almost Cadillac in feel.

Chevy typically had that clean, linear look that I like.

I like the old-style B-bodies up to '73, and then the '75 ragtops. They weren't goodlooking anymore until the slim, euro-look '77s.

cletus, I :lovey: the '90-'93 Chevy 454SS! If I had the money, I'd try to get one. There's one in the local Auto Shopper magazine; it's garage-kept and has about 20k miles on it, but the asking price ($20k) is definitely not in my ballpark! Other than the whopping 10 MPG, did you like it? When I sold new cars back in '99-'00, the manager there downplayed the 454SS they once had, saying it wasn't as fast as he thought it would be (but he did like their Syclone better, so I can't fault him too much!).

Got that my senior year in high school. it belonged to a friend of my dads. they went to the winston race where they debuted and he said right then and there he was getting one. sold his 74 vette and bought one at ward smith chevrolet in seneca sc. sadly he passed away in 96 from cancer and the truck went into storage. in 99 her son was about to start to drive and she didnt want him in it, though while she wasnt home he was taking it into a new subdivision and smokin the tires off it. i got it with 32k miles on the clock for 10 grand. needed some buffing and an new exhaust and there was some scratchesin the bed from one of their family members hauling wood in it. i actually had a friend that got the cat off and a straight pipe, it was the sweetest sounding beast i ever heard, in fact i recorded the idle and saved it on a memory card. owned it 4 years, wound the clock up to 73K miles, and won many a street race with it. traded it back to the same dealership it was purchased from cept it had changed owners. they sold it to a guy in alabama on ebay. i put my number in the the owners manual and he called but i didnt have my phone on me to talk. the window sticker merp on it was $18,950 lil pricey for 90

by the way they are doing thing on spike tv where they are putting a 92 ford lightning against a 90 ss 454, they did a head cam and intake swap and some exhaust work and are churnin round 400 hp with it. maybe 450hp

Edited by cletus8269

Hey cletus, that's a damn nice Impala!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room