Goat pics after detail

Well, a couple weeks ago there wasn't much work to do at work, so I got off early a couple days... as a result, I decided to detail the Goat, which was a bit dirty. In all, it took about 6 hours if I remember correctly, and I didn't even touch the interior. Washed it, clayed it, washed it again, and then waxed it with some great 3M wax (some of the best out there). After waxing the body, I waxed the wheels and shined the tires.

The results:

2h6t08p.jpg

m7qtu0.jpg

302ooyh.jpg

2njylg7.jpg

xc9ic4.jpg

2zhp4jd.jpg

2lbysus.jpg

210x34l.jpg

Looks Good! :thumbsup:

I do have a question for you though...do you like 3M better than mothers?

I have really good luck with Mothers, but a friend of mine switched over to 3M and he loves it....he wants me to give it a try....

From my experience, both are good waxes, but 3M just seems slightly better to me. I first learned about 3M wax at the dealership. There was a brand new Silvy with a bird crap stain on it, probably 2 inches in diameter or thereabouts. Anyways, I tried to buff it out using just regular wax as the guy that was training me (this was one of the first couple weeks on the job) instructed me to do. So I put on a nice blob of wax and set the buffer there for a good 20-30 seconds, nothing happened. So, the guy says "Here, watch this." He goes and gets the 3M wax out of the storage cabinet (I didn't know it was even in there) and put a nice block on the stain. 10 or 15 seconds of letting the buffer sit on the spot, the stain was gone. Now, this is not the same wax I got (or at least I don't think it was), but I was still quite pleased with it. The one I got claims to be the #1 wax used by professional detailers (it had a label on it saying so).

Anyways, yeah, I'd take him up on the offer if he's just letting you try it out. Easy to put on, and it came off pretty easily too. Mothers, if I remember from the few times I've used it, takes quite a bit of elbow grease to take off.

From my experience, both are good waxes, but 3M just seems slightly better to me. I first learned about 3M wax at the dealership. There was a brand new Silvy with a bird crap stain on it, probably 2 inches in diameter or thereabouts. Anyways, I tried to buff it out using just regular wax as the guy that was training me (this was one of the first couple weeks on the job) instructed me to do. So I put on a nice blob of wax and set the buffer there for a good 20-30 seconds, nothing happened. So, the guy says "Here, watch this." He goes and gets the 3M wax out of the storage cabinet (I didn't know it was even in there) and put a nice block on the stain. 10 or 15 seconds of letting the buffer sit on the spot, the stain was gone. Now, this is not the same wax I got (or at least I don't think it was), but I was still quite pleased with it. The one I got claims to be the #1 wax used by professional detailers (it had a label on it saying so).

Anyways, yeah, I'd take him up on the offer if he's just letting you try it out. Easy to put on, and it came off pretty easily too. Mothers, if I remember from the few times I've used it, takes quite a bit of elbow grease to take off.

Interesting...

Yeah, Mothers can be a pain to get off....I was sweating pretty good after a few coats......

Does 3M have a system wax?

I think I ma going to try it on the Balt....

good lord thats a horrible slow looking car and i'd be happy to take that burden off of your shoulders if you want my address i'll be happy to pay the shipping costs too :D

black rims are a sweet touch btw

Edited by cletus8269

Interesting...

Yeah, Mothers can be a pain to get off....I was sweating pretty good after a few coats......

Does 3M have a system wax?

I think I ma going to try it on the Balt....

I'm not sure what you mean by "system wax." What I got comes in the same bottle as this but it is not a cleaner wax: http://cgi.ebay.com/3M-One-Step-Cleaner-Wa...VQQcmdZViewItem

And this is what we had at the dealership, I think: http://cgi.ebay.com/3M-39026-Perfect-It-Sh...VQQcmdZViewItem

good lord thats a horrible slow looking car and i'd be happy to take that burden off of your shoulders if you want my address i'll be happy to pay the shipping costs too :D

black rims are a sweet touch btw

Haha, well I guess if the shipping costs have an adjustment of somewhere around $20k, a deal could possibly be made :P

Thanks, I love my rims, they really set off the car and go great with silver.

My older brother just bought a 2005 yellow GTO. He told me that he had to find some common ground with his wife; she "vetoed" the Pontiac G8 and the Nissan Maxima. I'll share a brief portion of my brother's e-mail message:

"It just satisfies my need for power. Remember my '74 Z/28 Camaro? It drives like that. It feels sooooo good . . . Can you borrow it? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Straight to the moon, Alice."