Two new 2009 G8 colors...

• 3 weeks later...

I will say for the most part many of the Pontiac dealers I've seen G8s at in NJ do not put those God-awful tape pinstripes on them. The first Pacific Slate Metallic & Sport Red ones were taken at Lester Glenn BPG in Toms River and they are the first dealer I've seen to put them on G8s (along with every other new BPG on the lot). Even the BPG dealer we've purchased our Envoy & G6 from that stripes all new cars, the G8s are the exception there. I've settled with the stripes on our Envoy & my AURA because those two cars were dealer-traded and my wife liked the stripes; otherwise, I'd have had them removed prior to delivery (her G6 has them too). My next vehicle will not, as I like a clean looking vehicle (unless the stripes are part of a factory-installed package that is).

Borger, you should get yours in Stryker Blue, it's quite bright, and looks good on the car. GMTG, shoot, they've got the pinstripes, where's the fender skirts and canvas roof? The gold-plated emblems? That dealer is missing a prime profit maker without them.<_<

If I end up with a new G8 either late summer or early fall next year, I could see myself going with the Pacific Slate Metallic :lovey::thumbsup:

Same here...though I'd go for any color on one, except for red and maybe orange. I'm an orange fan, but the G8's is just too red.

Or, just go save hah, with white. On the G8, still looks killer.

Same here...though I'd go for any color on one, except for red and maybe orange. I'm an orange fan, but the G8's is just too red.

Or, just go save hah, with white. On the G8, still looks killer.

Orange is done with for '09; I like the liquid red though - ever since I laid eyes on the '88 Banshee concept car I wanted a Pontiac in bright red (well, my '99 Grand Am GT was bright red)... I'd want a personalized plate that says "BANSHEE" if I go with red though!

White was my #1 choice, closely followed by Liquid Red, when the G8 first hit the lots earlier this year. Here's a picture I used as my desktop background until recently (the side profile picture of the Pacific Slate Metallic G8 now has that honor):

DSCN7351.jpg

Just as much as I've liked bright red on Pontiacs, I've liked bright white even more (it all began when Pontiac offered white rims on the '92 Bonneville SSEi and '92 Grand Am GT, continued with the '94 Trans Am 25th Anniversary Edition and then I really wanted a '97-'99 Grand Prix GTP Sedan in white with white rims <I pass by one on my way to work>). While it may not be "in style" today, I still like white rims on a white car. However, the Pacific Slate Metallic has replaced my desire for a white G8 (if I were to buy a new Sierra, it would be in a similar color - Stealth Gray Metallic).

• 4 weeks later...