Sign in to follow this  
Oracle of Delphi

I just love the Olympics

12 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's the carnival like atmosphere, or if it's because they only come around every 2 years, but I just love the Olympics. I love the Summer Games more than the Winter Games, but it might just be that I enjoy seeing all that naked flesh in the Summer Games more than what I see in the Winter Games. I want to say I really enjoyed the Women's Beach Volleyball teams this year. :smilewide:

I don't know if it's the carnival like atmosphere, or if it's because they only come around every 2 years, but I just love the Olympics. I love the Summer Games more than the Winter Games, but it might just be that I enjoy seeing all that naked flesh in the Summer Games more than what I see in the Winter Games. I want to say I really enjoyed the Women's Beach Volleyball teams this year. :smilewide:

heh-heh... I do like the Women's Beach Volleyball...but winter has the uber-cool sports like curling, skeleton, and luge...

ocnblu    776
Michael Phelps from the neck down....:)

I always the the gymnasts are cutest... and most amazing to watch.

I should try to watch more of the Olympics this year. It's a rare example of truly good TV programming.

pow    106

Current pet peeve with the Olympics... the NBC announcers hyperforeignizing the word "Beijing" by calling it "Beizhing."

It's a normal English "j" (bay-jing), guys, not the French "j" as in azure or au jus.

I've never in my life heard it pronounced bay-jing.

Paolino    99
There was a time it was pronounced Peking.

Like the Duck?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this