Oracle of Delphi

Things that never were nor ever should be: The Plymouth Voyager Shorty Van

9 posts in this topic

Posted Aug 22nd 2008 9:28AM by Jeremy Korzeniewski

Filed under: Minivans/MPVs, Humor

shortycaravan01resizedwz1.jpg

What would happen if an old Plymouth Horizon mated with a Plymouth Voyager? See above. Despite the fact that Chrysler used to offer its minivans with two different wheelbases, this is a vehicle that was fortunately never released out of the factory doors. Our guess is that the owner, like us, never really cared for those old non-powered sliding doors anyway. Why not just get rid of 'em completely? Our favorite view of the bus shows that there's nearly as much front-overhang as there is metal between the axles. In all seriousness, the work that went into cutting this sucker in thirds, throwing out the middle-section and welding it back together seems to have been done pretty well. Because the Voyager is a front-wheel drive minivan, the powertrain probably didn't need any tweaking at all.

Link: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/22/things-...ymouth-voyager/

That's kind of wierdly cool...how about taking a typical 4dr SUV and doing the same shortening...make an Escalade Coupe de Ville for instance.. :)

LosAngeles    2

I can't believe they insisted on leaving the running boards on.

loki    289
I can't believe they insisted on leaving the running boards on.

extra rollover, oh, who am i kidding. LOL

it's an oddity, it's cool for that. but i hope i'd never be seen in it, even dead. unless it was then going to blow up and erased form history.... maybe.