Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

XLR redesign

ZL-1

you know i prefer the crisp creases in the cadillacs... and the smoother lines in the corvette, it sets them apart. just like the crease in an ironed pair of pants and a button up shirt, over a pair of jeans and t-shirt... if I had the money I'd prefer a XLR with a LS2, but I'm pretty sure thats not an option... its either a Northstar or Supercharged Northstar...

• 3 weeks later...

I am somewhat on the fence about the styling of the XLR, primarily because I saw many pics of the Evoq. I did a walk-around of a black job at a dealer last week. It does look menacing, but one thing I really liked on the Evoq vs. the XLR was the longer hood & the peaked decklid.

There was a clay concept pic online a few years ago that was really awesome IMO- a rounded front end with the Cadillac eggcrate cut into it. I'll have to dig it out & host it...

Here 'tis>
Posted Image
Nice combination of the rounded bumperless front with the sharp fender edges/lines.

Edited by balthazar

Wow, thanks for sharing that Balthazar. I like it.

why is GM abonding A&S so fast? they should stick with the CTS and XLR theme for a longer period!

[post="46213"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Who said it is abandoning it? I would say it is evolving it, like BMW did with the previous generation of its models, specifically the 3 series.

Who said it is abandoning it? I would say it is evolving it, like BMW did with the previous generation of its models, specifically the 3 series.

I don't see anything evolving... All the original A&S Caddies look never than the ones preceding them. They took a step back. They went from futuristic, edgy, and stealthy to "I love the 90's", bland, and blobby. If that's evolving... please kill me now and save me the pain of seeing anymore evolution.