McCain's trend

loki

Well Bush outright won the 2004 elections popular vote and electoral, although i guess you could argue that that wouldnt have happened since he lost the 2000 elections in popular vote.

I'm guessing the smaller states are overrepresented in the electoral college?

Or as the truth probably is, due to the corrupt republican controlled electronic voting machine companies that refuse to give a paper receipt as proof of the actual vote. That would mean that the 04 Election was fraud due to the electronic machines stealing the election. Course that Conspiracy theory will never get a chance to be proven due to those companies not willing to open their door to review and the software that is on those machines.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt most of the things he would want would actually get passed. The only thing i don't agree with him on is that if he had it his way he would literally just up and leave Iraq the first day he was president, which i feel, given the situation, would be irresponsible for America to do so.

I doubt he'd come home immediately...but more like set up a time w/i a few months to have all troops/money spenders out of the country.

afphanistan....he did vote for that "war", but he'd prolly look at where they are and then make a jugdment...but we'd prolly be out of there too.

Its going to take a long time to pay those debts off I think Congress entire budget was 3 trillion and 90% is mandatory funding that was promised. at 9.7 trill the government would have to completely shut down for 3 and 1/3 of a year to pay it back at current tax rates. No one in the world can address this. We need to raise taxes eliminate loop holes and CUT SPENDING. What a mess. I love the flat tax idea to death. The only reason why I don't like Obama is the fact that in his senate voting he was never decisive which is concerning, cause it can lead to Flip Flop. At least McCain most of the Time stuck with a Decision.

As for McCain Leaving the race to go to the Senate to cast his vote is very respectful because that allows him to have a voice for his state of AZ in this Crucial Bill. Obama wanting to air the debate anyway is rather disrespectful to McCain and his Constituents. He Isn't doing his job as a Senator.

Im Still Undecided at this point.

McCain isn't on the committee that will write the bill, so his going to Washington is pure political gamesmanship. If the bill came out of committee with language he didn't like, then he could go to D.C. and debate the hell out of it. He doesn't need to be in Washington to tell the people writing the bill what he thinks of the language of it.

Actually both Obama and McCain are in DC right now working on this issue as they sit down with the lame duck President W and the leaders of the House and Senate to finsh the details.

I respect both for going back to help get this done, but Obama is the one showing he can handle multiple things like a good president should be able to do. He has clearly stated in the press that if McCain does not show up on Friday he will hold the time on National TV as a town hall meeting and answer anything and everything. He is being very open and approachable to the press and people unlike McCain and his hidden VP Choice who is only let out for Photo Ops.

well that wasn't what was said on NPR yesterday when i was listening to it. So I apoligize.

However All of Senate still has to vote on the final version.

And in the latest news

Obama and McCain are all tied up again according to Gallup tracking.

The political see-saw is fun.

http://electoral-vote.com/

According to this, Obama is still leading. I've been watching it daily, and in the last week he has picked up Colorado, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Virginia, Michigan, and Wisconsin. He also picked up 1 percentage point in Ohio today.

Yeah solve the problem or talk abou it. Gee it is clear which one has the leadership potential.

I don't think that just because Obama isn't putting his campaign on hold, means he isn't contributing to (solving) this problem just as much as McCain.

Edited by siegen

I'm just curious...what part of McCain's campaign has actually been suspended? I still see the TV ads, the surrogates on cable news, and a lot of press releases. The only thing that seems to be "suspended" is the whole debate tomorrow at Ole Miss. Frankly, I'd much rather see a debate than a bunch of campaign ads with cherry-picked quotes devoid of context--and I say this regarding both candidates.

I really am not fond of Obama's ads as they try to tackle several things very superficially, with 1-3 word quotes from Washpost, or NYT that all have the format of "...WORDS..."

That tells me nothing, and I'd love to see what precedes and follows the selected words to take everything into context. That said, I've read several articles from those sources critical of McCain and his positions (or lack thereof in several instances), and I haven't seen many of Obama's ads eviscerated for being completely false, like I have seen in critiques for some of McCain's ads. I guess I just wish the ads provided more context and information so I didn't quite feel like I'm just getting soundbytes.

Oh, and McCain's refusal to debate? Seriously, I don't know what he's thinking, but that NEVER goes over well with the American people.

As for McCain Leaving the race to go to the Senate to cast his vote is very respectful because that allows him to have a voice for his state of AZ in this Crucial Bill. Obama wanting to air the debate anyway is rather disrespectful to McCain and his Constituents. He Isn't doing his job as a Senator.

Im Still Undecided at this point.

Neither Senator is on the committees writing the bill, so they don't need to be there for it. As Obama said... they've both got big planes with their names painted on the side. They can get to D.C. pretty quickly if they need to.

I'm just curious...what part of McCain's campaign has actually been suspended? I still see the TV ads, the surrogates on cable news, and a lot of press releases. The only thing that seems to be "suspended" is the whole debate tomorrow at Ole Miss. Frankly, I'd much rather see a debate than a bunch of campaign ads with cherry-picked quotes devoid of context--and I say this regarding both candidates.

Oh, and McCain's refusal to debate? Seriously, I don't know what he's thinking, but that NEVER goes over well with the American people.

Its suspended in that there is no fundraising, no campaigning anywhere.

And as to the debate, its foreign policy, McCain already holds substantial leads on that topic, so i feel its a rather moot point.

Also, you should probably ignore a lot of the new polls from.. i want to say the new CNN/Time polls, they have even admitted themselves that their sampling groups are not indicative of the population. I dont even know why RCP is including these fundamentally flawed polls in their averages.

Electoral Vote and 538.com aggregate all of the polls and account for biases

Ron Paul gives 'em hell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjpor8iBe58

It's a shame he isn't the chairman of the fed (although im fairly sure he wants the fed abolished).

Here's a bit of what he said from http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul480.html

Statement Before the Financial Services Committee, "The Future of Financial Services: Exploring Solutions for the Market Crisis," September 24, 2008

Mr. Chairman,

It is truly a shame that, less than two decades after the fall of communism, the lessons of price control are completely lost on most Washington power-brokers. The Treasury proposal before Congress is nothing more than a form of price control, an attempt to keep asset prices artificially elevated. The root of our recent economic boom, as in any other business cycle, was government intervention into the market under the guise of lowering the interest rate, which is itself a price. The function that prices play in the market in equalizing supply and demand, and the distortions that necessarily accompany each government effort at price-fixing, are forgotten by too many in Washington.

One of the primary causes for the length and severity of the Great Depression in this country was the federal government's attempts at keeping prices artificially elevated. A typical example of getting causation backward, the federal government assumed that falling prices caused the depression, whereas in reality the falling prices were the result of the economic depression, and were necessary to bring the economy back into equilibrium. In its attempt to keep agricultural prices high, the federal government began to pay farmers to destroy their crops, while unemployed people lined up at soup kitchens around the country.

A similar situation exists today, where many mortgage-backed securities and other similar assets are horribly overvalued. The market response would be to allow these assets to be sold on the market at whatever price they would bring. This would result in a shakeout of bad debt and a shorter, sharper correction than would otherwise occur. Unfortunately, the political will to allow banks to take the responsibility for their lending actions is at times lacking.

Many here in Congress are asking where the money for this bailout will come from, and indeed it is a good question. $700 billion does not just materialize out of the ether, but then again neither do the hundreds of billions of dollars that we spend every year to fund our imperial war machine. We must the face the fact that our country is dead broke, and not just that, we are facing over $10 trillion in debt, and tens of trillions more in unfunded liabilities. This $700 billion bailout will only increase that debt, and increase the amount of money we pay merely to service the interest on that debt. The end result of this is higher taxes on our children and grandchildren, and the full-scale destruction of the dollar.

The only viable solution to this financial crisis is to keep the government from intervening any further. The Federal Reserve has already loaned hundreds of billions of dollars through its numerous lending facilities, and the Congress has passed legislation authorizing further hundreds of billions of dollars to bail out Fannie and Freddie, yet each successive crisis event seems to be advertised as larger and more severe than the previous one. It is time that this Congress put its foot down, reject the administration's proposal, and allow the bust to work itself out so that our economic hangover is not as severe as it might otherwise be.

Statement before the Joint Economic Committee, "The Economic Outlook," September 24, 2008

Mr. Chairman,

I believe that our economy faces a bleak future, particularly if the latest $700 billion bailout plan ends up passing. We risk committing the same errors that prolonged the misery of the Great Depression, namely keeping prices from falling. Instead of allowing overvalued financial assets to take a hit and trade on the market at a more realistic value, the government seeks to purchase overvalued or worthless assets and hold them in the unrealistic hope that at some point in the next few decades, someone might be willing to purchase them.

One of the perverse effects of this bailout proposal is that the worst-performing firms, and those who interjected themselves most deeply into mortgage-backed securities, credit default swaps, and special investment vehicles will be those who benefit the most from this bailout. As with the bailout of airlines in the aftermath of 9/11, those businesses who were the least efficient, least productive, and least concerned with serving consumers are those who will be rewarded for their mismanagement with a government handout, rather than the failure of their company that is proper to the market. This creates a dangerous moral hazard, as the precedent of bailing out reckless lending will lead to even more reckless lending and irresponsible behavior on the part of financial firms in the future.

This bailout is a slipshod proposal, slapped together haphazardly and forced on an unwilling Congress with the threat that not passing it will lead to the collapse of the financial system. Some of the proposed alternatives are no better, for instance those which propose a government equity share in bailed-out companies. That we have come to a point where outright purchases of private sector companies is not only proposed but accepted by many who claim to be defenders of free markets bodes ill for the future of American society.

As with many other government proposals, the opportunity cost of this bailout goes unmentioned. $700 billion tied up in illiquid assets is $700 billion that is not put to productive use. That amount of money in the private sector could be used to research new technologies, start small businesses that create thousands of jobs, or upgrade vital infrastructure. Instead, that money will be siphoned off into unproductive assets which may burden the government for years to come. The great French economist Frédéric Bastiat is famous for explaining the difference between what is seen and what is unseen. In this case the bailout's proponents see the alleged benefits, while they fail to see the jobs, businesses, and technologies not created due to this utter waste of money.

The housing bubble has burst, unemployment is on the rise, and the dollar weakens every day. Unfortunately our leaders have failed to learn from the mistakes of previous generations and continue to lead us down the road toward economic ruin.

It's blatantly obvious that Ron Paul knows how to run a free market society. Plus he was a medical doctor, so he can LITERALLY save your life as well as figuratively. :lol:

But seriously, whoever becomes president needs to put this guy on his cabinet or somewhere.

:EDIT: since there seems to be a breakdown in talks, i wonder if McCain was really pushing for something more free market oriented? If he was then that would be pretty ballsy of him. Well i guess we will see what happened in the next few days.

Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

And as to the debate, its foreign policy, McCain already holds substantial leads on that topic, so i feel its a rather moot point.

Regardless of who would potentially be better at a debate about foreign policy, that is the lamest cop out I've heard yet.

McCain is proving again he is putting his country first and a man whom lives up to his slogan. If something needs fixing time and time again McCain goes and works across party lines like McCain-Feingold. It is a fact McCain is a maverick and puts country first. Not his campigen.

McCain is proving again he is putting his country first and a man whom lives up to his slogan. If something needs fixing time and time again McCain goes and works across party lines like McCain-Feingold. It is a fact McCain is a maverick and puts country first. Not his campigen.

It's just politics, stop being so blinded and try to gain a clear and unbiased perspective on things. :Toyota:

Oh please, this is just about putting his campaign first, this has nothing to do with putting the country first. The funny thing is he painted himself into a corner now and looks even more stupid than he did before.

You really have to stop drinking the Republican Kool-Aid, it's affecting your judgment and your grasp of reality. Oh wait, that's what it is supposed to do! Gramps won't be getting my vote or my wife's either.

You would think with all that beer money his wife has, he could get that swollen left gland looked at on his face. I find it distracting when he's on TV, that and his wandering eye.

Man... and they accuse Obama supporters of drinking Kool-Aid.

Look,

McCain doesn't need to be there. He is not, and never has been, involved in the process. The Senators and Congressmen who ARE involved in the process don't want him there. If a vote is needed, both McCain and Obama have big planes to get them to D.C. in a jiffy. I'm SURE Reid wouldn't schedule a vote over top of the debates anyway.

This isn't McCain putting "Country First". This is McCain being a drama queen.

Geezer/Gigit '08

Country Club First

Actually, initially Democrats had asked McCain to help sway the GOP vote. Then when McCain shows up they accuse him of ruining everything

And actually i'm glad. If these "toxic" securities are decent buys because they are worthless, then private investors should buy em up. Not the government.

After listening to Ron Paul, it does make sense that government interference with interest rates, promoting (somewhat forcing) banks to extend mortgages on houses to people with less than stellar credit (to encourage home ownership of course). If the government had not interfered with the market like that, if they had not kept credit rates artificially low, the bubble probably would not have been as pronounced and caused all these problems.

So "real leadership" is suspending your campaign to go to Washington to attempt influencing a bill that you have no real business getting involved in, then when the people writing the bill make it obvious you're not welcome, re-starting your campaing and running down to Oxford to take place in the debate that you said you wouldn't take part in unless the bailout was passed? Thats not leadership, thats Alzheimer's.

Heres some more dissent from Ron Paul:

Dear Friends:

The financial meltdown the economists of the Austrian School predicted has arrived.

We are in this crisis because of an excess of artificially created credit at the hands of the Federal Reserve System. The solution being proposed? More artificial credit by the Federal Reserve. No liquidation of bad debt and malinvestment is to be allowed. By doing more of the same, we will only continue and intensify the distortions in our economy - all the capital misallocation, all the malinvestment - and prevent the market's attempt to re-establish rational pricing of houses and other assets.

Last night the president addressed the nation about the financial crisis. There is no point in going through his remarks line by line, since I'd only be repeating what I've been saying over and over - not just for the past several days, but for years and even decades.

Still, at least a few observations are necessary. The president assures us that his administration "is working with Congress to address the root cause behind much of the instability in our markets." Care to take a guess at whether the Federal Reserve and its money creation spree were even mentioned?

We are told that "low interest rates" led to excessive borrowing, but we are not told how these low interest rates came about. They were a deliberate policy of the Federal Reserve. As always, artificially low interest rates distort the market. Entrepreneurs engage in malinvestments - investments that do not make sense in light of current resource availability, that occur in more temporally remote stages of the capital structure than the pattern of consumer demand can support, and that would not have been made at all if the interest rate had been permitted to tell the truth instead of being toyed with by the Fed.

Not a word about any of that, of course, because Americans might then discover how the great wise men in Washington caused this great debacle. Better to keep scapegoating the mortgage industry or "wildcat capitalism" (as if we actually have a pure free market!).

Speaking about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the president said: "Because these companies were chartered by Congress, many believed they were guaranteed by the federal government. This allowed them to borrow enormous sums of money, fuel the market for questionable investments, and put our financial system at risk."

Doesn't that prove the foolishness of chartering Fannie and Freddie in the first place? Doesn't that suggest that maybe, just maybe, government may have contributed to this mess? And of course, by bailing out Fannie and Freddie, hasn't the federal government shown that the "many" who "believed they were guaranteed by the federal government" were in fact correct?

Then come the scare tactics. If we don't give dictatorial powers to the Treasury Secretary "the stock market would drop even more, which would reduce the value of your retirement account. The value of your home could plummet." Left unsaid, naturally, is that with the bailout and all the money and credit that must be produced out of thin air to fund it, the value of your retirement account will drop anyway, because the value of the dollar will suffer a precipitous decline. As for home prices, they are obviously much too high, and supply and demand cannot equilibrate if government insists on propping them up.

It's the same destructive strategy that government tried during the Great Depression: prop up prices at all costs. The Depression went on for over a decade. On the other hand, when liquidation was allowed to occur in the equally devastating downturn of 1921, the economy recovered within less than a year.

The president also tells us that Senators McCain and Obama will join him at the White House today in order to figure out how to get the bipartisan bailout passed. The two senators would do their country much more good if they stayed on the campaign trail debating who the bigger celebrity is, or whatever it is that occupies their attention these days.

F.A. Hayek won the Nobel Prize for showing how central banks' manipulation of interest rates creates the boom-bust cycle with which we are sadly familiar. In 1932, in the depths of the Great Depression, he described the foolish policies being pursued in his day - and which are being proposed, just as destructively, in our own:

Instead of furthering the inevitable liquidation of the maladjustments brought about by the boom during the last three years, all conceivable means have been used to prevent that readjustment from taking place; and one of these means, which has been repeatedly tried though without success, from the earliest to the most recent stages of depression, has been this deliberate policy of credit expansion.

To combat the depression by a forced credit expansion is to attempt to cure the evil by the very means which brought it about; because we are suffering from a misdirection of production, we want to create further misdirection - a procedure that can only lead to a much more severe crisis as soon as the credit expansion comes to an end... It is probably to this experiment, together with the attempts to prevent liquidation once the crisis had come, that we owe the exceptional severity and duration of the depression.

The only thing we learn from history, I am afraid, is that we do not learn from history. The very people who have spent the past several years assuring us that the economy is fundamentally sound, and who themselves foolishly cheered the extension of all these novel kinds of mortgages, are the ones who now claim to be the experts who will restore prosperity! Just how spectacularly wrong, how utterly without a clue, does someone have to be before his expert status is called into question?

Oh, and did you notice that the bailout is now being called a "rescue plan"? I guess "bailout" wasn't sitting too well with the American people.

The very people who with somber faces tell us of their deep concern for the spread of democracy around the world are the ones most insistent on forcing a bill through Congress that the American people overwhelmingly oppose. The very fact that some of you seem to think you're supposed to have a voice in all this actually seems to annoy them.

I continue to urge you to contact your representatives and give them a piece of your mind. I myself am doing everything I can to promote the correct point of view on the crisis. Be sure also to educate yourselves on these subjects - the Campaign for Liberty blog is an excellent place to start. Read the posts, ask questions in the comment section, and learn.

H.G. Wells once said that civilization was in a race between education and catastrophe. Let us learn the truth and spread it as far and wide as our circumstances allow. For the truth is the greatest weapon we have.

In liberty,

Ron Paul

Heh, with talk like that i wonder how Ron keeps getting reelected? That usually isnt the kind of stuff that the voters want to hear (even though it may be completely true)

Man... and they accuse Obama supporters of drinking Kool-Aid.

Look,

McCain doesn't need to be there. He is not, and never has been, involved in the process. The Senators and Congressmen who ARE involved in the process don't want him there. If a vote is needed, both McCain and Obama have big planes to get them to D.C. in a jiffy. I'm SURE Reid wouldn't schedule a vote over top of the debates anyway.

Geezer/Gigit '08

Country Club First

Believe what you want but it upsets people McCain is being the bigger man. And after the debate he will go back to Washington and go back to work. Progress has been made and John McCain is and always as been someone to reach across party lines to get something done. Another example of puting country first. Obama supporters do drink kool-aid people think he is the second coming. McCain is being McCain and what McCain is pisses people off.

Let it crash. Our economy is based on citizens, not the government. We decide what is fair and what isn't. Let natural selection take its course. People who were dumb should be held accountable and not rescued.

+1

government should only enforce contracts and ensure that fraudulent behavior is properly punished. Business associations, taxpayers associations, etc etc should all be promoted and educate people on HOW our economic system works.

Annnd on a side note, apparently there is another stimulus package being talked about! YAY! it's not called a stimulus package of course, but it basically is one. And i don't feel that 60 billion dollars needs to be spent right now... digging us further into debt isn't the best way to help our economy.

Believe what you want but it upsets people McCain is being the bigger man. And after the debate he will go back to Washington and go back to work. Progress has been made and John McCain is and always as been someone to reach across party lines to get something done. Another example of puting country first. Obama supporters do drink kool-aid people think he is the second coming. McCain is being McCain and what McCain is pisses people off.

O'rly?

"At the bipartisan White House meeting that Mr. McCain had called for a day earlier, he sat silently for more than 40 minutes, more observer than leader, and then offered only a vague sense of where he stood, said people in the meeting."

More examples of you being demonstratibly wrong? Do you work for the McCain campaign?

Look who's there sitting at the table with Bush...... the other guy who didn't try to call off the debate.

Obama is also not on the committee that is going to write the bill, he went to the White House after being asked by Bush to attend. And has anyone noticed that since McCain rode in on his white horse, the bill has gone from "sure thing" to "clusterf@#k"? Republicans are arguing with Republicans over the bill.

In what way was McCain being the "bigger man?" He decides two days before the debate that he wants to cut out and work on this bill (which is going to start in a committee that he isn't on, and whose leading Republican member doesn't seem too interested in the bill) then the morning of the debate decides he wants back in because most Americans think he was a dumbass for getting out in the first place. Obama, on the other hand, continued with his campaign, and debate prep, and came to the White House meeting when asked. No knee-jerk reaction to a crisis that anyone paying attention (at least anyone who doesn't own 8 homes) could be seen happening months ago. Obama, by the way, introduced 5 bills that went to the Banking Committee, McCain has introduced none.

Edited by Satty

Captain Smith-McCain aimed us right at an iceburg and ordered full speed ahead.

After we hit the iceburg Captain Smith-McCain says the gash isn't all that bad and suggests the ship is structurally sound and not to panic.

The entire prow is now under water, half the crew and passengers have drowned, yet Captain Smith-McCain insists the structure is still good.

The tail of the ship is now up in the air like a feeding duck, so Captain Smith-McCain calls the engine room and orders an ALL STOP to see if there is damage.

Captain Smith-McCain boldly declares that we shouldn't have aimed for the iceburg; Hailed as a maverick and a hero.

Leadership first.

This is very true...again, the real person I blame for this is Reagan for dgetting the whole deregulatory/government is bad ball rolling.

McCain is just an extension of the Reagan insanity.

Chris

MCCAIN INVENTS TIME TRAVEL!!!!!!

Since the press is now run by mostly conservatives, I am sure that this is more of a "future prophecy" than an exaple of time travel.

Chris

O'rly?

More examples of you being demonstratibly wrong? Do you work for the McCain campaign?

Look who's there sitting at the table with Bush...... that Obama guy, who can actually address our problems.

Fixed.

Chris

“My strong sense is that the best thing that I can do, rather than to inject presidential politics into some delicate negotiations, is to go down to Mississippi and explain to the American people what is going on and my vision for leading the country over the next four years,” Mr. Obama told reporters aboard his plane. “I’m looking forward to the debate and look forward after the debate to coming back to Washington and hopefully getting a package done.” (link)

I sincerely hope both candidates refrain from taking shots at each other, and explain their plan's for going forward.

Let it crash. Our economy is based on citizens, not the government. We decide what is fair and what isn't. Let natural selection take its course. People who were dumb should be held accountable and not rescued.

I agree 100 percent. Let the damned thing crash.

I'd let the damn thing crash even if it cost memy home. I'm tired of Republicans bailing out wall street...another trend I'm sure we'd see a lot more of under McCain.

Chris

Geezer/Gigit '08

Country Club First

This is more like McCain avoiding reality. In my mind when I picture McCain avoiding the debate I see a girl scout being chased by a big, angry dog.

Chris

Or as the truth probably is, due to the corrupt republican controlled electronic voting machine companies that refuse to give a paper receipt as proof of the actual vote. That would mean that the 04 Election was fraud due to the electronic machines stealing the election. Course that Conspiracy theory will never get a chance to be proven due to those companies not willing to open their door to review and the software that is on those machines.

I really do believe Ohio and the election were stolen by the Republicans in 2004. Things may be a bit different here now that we have a non-corrupt Democratic governor.

Chris

Yeah solve the problem or talk abou it. Gee it is clear which one has the leadership potential.

Again, properly solving the problem would have been proper regulation before the wheels came off of the whole thing.

Chris

http://electoral-vote.com/

According to this, Obama is still leading. I've been watching it daily, and in the last week he has picked up Colorado, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Virginia, Michigan, and Wisconsin. He also picked up 1 percentage point in Ohio today.

Let's go Ohio!!!

The big thing here is that a whole lot of younger people are really into voting for-supporting Obama. This may be the card that turns the election and kicks the corrupt Republican machine out of the white house.

Chris

I'm just curious...what part of McCain's campaign has actually been suspended? I still see the TV ads, the surrogates on cable Oh, and McCain's refusal to debate? Seriously, I don't know what he's thinking, but that NEVER goes over well with the American people.

No, it doesn't.

If people actually lsitened to McCain they would realize that he is all about the war and Iraq, as well as tax cuts.

I just don't see anything about the environment, energy, education, real deficit reduction, health care, etc. worth of consideration.

Chris

Micky keeps looking less and less presidential. Picking a VP, then not letting her talk to the press, then not preparing her so when she does give interviews she looks like an idiot and now his whole In-n-Out-n-In debate thing. I know it sounds bad, but I think I'd rather have 4 more years of Bush than 4 of the Mickster, at least with Bush you know you're getting childish incompetence, with McCain you're getting unpredictable, scatterbrained, almost flaky incompetence.

Micky keeps looking less and less presidential. Picking a VP, then not letting her talk to the press, then not preparing her so when she does give interviews she looks like an idiot and now his whole In-n-Out-n-In debate thing. I know it sounds bad, but I think I'd rather have 4 more years of Bush than 4 of the Mickster, at least with Bush you know you're getting childish incompetence, with McCain you're getting unpredictable, scatterbrained, almost flaky incompetence.

Honestly, if it were Bush vs. McCain I would vote for Bush.

Although I am proud to say that I've voted against the Bushes 3x.

My father voted against Nixon 3x (60, 68, 72)

We will both proudly vote against a far worse candidate, John McCain, in November.

Chris

He's presidential in the same way that W is presidential.

Although W at least seems likeable. I can't say that I find McCain even likeable.

Chris

As bad as McCain's campaign has been, at least McCain's campaign isnt pressuring media/people with regulatory action if they air/talk about certain stuff (well hell i guess they may be, but i havent heard anything about it if they have).

Threatening media outlets to have their license suspended or revoked if they air an ad is unconstitutional!

If Obama has a problem with what an ad says he should file a lawsuit, not threaten regulatory action by his regulatory buddies.

This has been threatened at least 3 times to my knowledge.

• First with the author of some book that some guy wrote about Obama (they threatened a radio station with penalties if they allowed the author to appear). http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics...f_obama_ca.html

• They threatened whatever that group was that was hosting a protest of the Iranian dude, The Obama team threatened to revoke their non-profit status (or charity status or something) if they allowed Palin to be there. http://wcbstv.com/local/clinton.palin.event.2.821565.html

• And last but not least [this is developing, and therefore may just be paranoid people and untrue], they are threatening regulatory actions against any media outlet that airs the recent NRA ads against obama. While the NRA may very well be stretching the truth a bit, its not any more stretched than other ads that either campaign has put out (in fact they are probably less stretched).
Typical Chicago Political Machine politics. These are actions more in line with a dictator than a proponent of liberal democratic theory.

Now i am not saying that McCain is any better on the rights, his support of the Patriot Act is enough to show that (although unfortunately Obama supports it too). But is it not unconstitutional/illegal to threaten people in order to achieve your goals?