After Employee Pricing Ends 9/30/08 - What's Next?

The Employee Pricing Event does not seem to have had any effect on Buick sales in particular. Every lot I visit is chock full of 2008 models, despite this sale having been on for weeks now. After the employee pricing is over on September 30th what is GM going to come up with to move that iron? Is GMAC likely to increase their pull ahead?

The Employee Pricing Event does not seem to have had any effect on Buick sales in particular. Every lot I visit is chock full of 2008 models, despite this sale having been on for weeks now. After the employee pricing is over on September 30th what is GM going to come up with to move that iron? Is GMAC likely to increase their pull ahead?

Bankruptcy sale?

i passed up a buttload of incentives, as well as a 2k competitive lease end, mainly due to skittishness about my work, but i am dying to see if they bring back that extra 2k incentive. that was hard to leave on the table.

my dad is convinced you will see some serious incentives now till the end of the year. he says this is beginning of automakers getting desperate.

Edited by regfootball

I called GMAC today and they still offer the same lousy 2 month pull ahead program as they did for the past 3 months. Now it only applies to model years 2008-2009, not 2007. In September GMAC told me that the pull ahead applied to a 2007. I had been shopping for a 2007. Now there's no use.

The Nazi style bureaucrats at GMAC have no grip on reality and no desire to cooperate with GM to retain the dwindling number of customers they now have.

I am done dealing with these people. They can take their deals and shove 'em. Screw GM; screw GMAC and screw OnStar; I turned off my subscription tonight.

The same Pull Ahead Program for the past three months? Try the past 2-3 years!! The last "good" pull-head I got was in August, 2005 when we were able to get out of our Rendezvous lease 5 months early (it was to expire in January '06; it was a 6-month pull ahead offer at the time). After the summer 2005 "Employee Pricing For All" deal, GMAC pulled so many people out way too early (in their view) that they instituted the new 2-month pull-ahead program and have kept that ever since. However, GM dealers must have a way to work with GMAC, as we started shopping in February (Envoy lease was due in August) and almost all of the dealers we talked to said that they'd be able to get us out of the lease if we bought new and not to "worry" about the lousy 2-month offer. We waited regardless for the incentives to get better - we took the June deal of 0% for 72 months, got GM Supplier Pricing (the wife's company is eligible), and were entitled to a $2,000 rebate to boot for having a GMAC Lease. I think waiting until the summer paid off for us :yes: Sorry to see that GM/GMAC pissed you off, hopefully something works out for you soon and you'll continue to be a satisfied GM owner (suggestion - try talking to the dealer about the '07 models you're interested in and see what they can work out with GMAC).

i passed up a buttload of incentives, as well as a 2k competitive lease end, mainly due to skittishness about my work, but i am dying to see if they bring back that extra 2k incentive. that was hard to leave on the table.

my dad is convinced you will see some serious incentives now till the end of the year. he says this is beginning of automakers getting desperate.

GM card sent me a thing, an ADDITIONAL 500 rebate bucks. plus, GM will give me 2k for coming out of my ford lease this month. Even if i don't have a job at the end of this week, i might still have to buy.

I damn near pulled the trigger on an Astra XR a couple weeks ago....might go ahead with it now, since the wife is apparently on board now too.

TWIST IN THE PLOT......any Saab fans, i just learned there is as much as 8k on the hood for 9-3's, 9.5k for some other saabs. in addition to whatever the dealer may bite on. I will be confirming exactly what that may be tomorrow hopefully.

Ford, I love your taurus so much but you absolutely do not want to sell me one right now, so eff you and I will take my 8 grand plus off the sticker on your astra........i wish i could swing the 9-3.....a manual combi would be a treat right now.