Subaru Legacy Concept

cire

I'm not quite sure what to think of this one. Subaru seems a little lost as far as their styling is concerned lately. I don't think it's as bad as the current Impreza sedan, but it's not the winner I was hoping they would come out with either. I have a feeling that Subaru will continue to be a bit player in the auto market based on this car; maybe they actually prefer it that way. I would like to see them make a bigger impact in the market because I have always viewed them as a somewhat quirky underdog. This product doesn't appear to have the goods to do the job.

Visit My Website

Source: Autoblog

I've truely never been even remotely attracted to ANYTHING subaru has ever designed/marketed.
I really liked the '05 Legacy. Then they kind of uglified it with the little MCE they did. I love Subaru vehicles but really dislike the styling of almost everything they make. I bought an '05 Saab 9-2X Aero so I could have the WRX without the WRX styling! :rotflmao:

EDIT: I almost forgot...... that thing is fugly!

Edited by 2QuickZ's

Subaru has been struggling with styling for a while, esp. with front ends...they tried the SAAB 96 tribute front end on the Tribeca and previous Impreza and it was a flop. Moving away from the frameless door glass with the Impreza was a mistake also.

Edited by moltar

I think the current Legacy is one of the most handsome midsizers on the market. This is a step back.

Yes! I love the current Legacy despite its midcycle update that detracted from its lovely appearance. It's the best looking product in Subaru's portfolio and most "upscale".

My partner has an '07 Legacy Spec. B, and we love it's balanced, conservative, elegant appearance. But oh my...based on looks alone, this 2010 Legacy is a tough sell...especially with the GORGEOUS 2010 LaCrosse and 2010 Taurus as competitors. However, the Subaru faithful may embrace the Legacy's quirky details, and see beauty where I see disorder. Of course, if the new Legacy's pricing starts near $21K like the current model, then there's added value in the equation. I really, really hope the finished product has a prettier, more cohesive looking face.

Edited by jlgolden