More real world Solstice pics (BIG PICS)

Found this little jewel in Charlotte this weekend, actually, Cavigirl found it.

Morrison Motor Cars #3, it's a very cool lot. He had this, a 10th anniversary SVT Cobra (On the left) and a few Z06's, a WS6 and a couple Camaro SS. Also had a Special Edition convertible Trans Am (2002) and SSR couple of the supercharged Ford trucks (HD edition and Lightning) and a Mustang Cobra R among other things.

The lot was closed, so we couldn't get inside it and someone had obviously been driving it (It was dirty)

Oh yeah, and if someone wants to downsize these I'll re-post them. I can't since I'm at school right now.

$30,900 and it's yours.

Posted Image

The tag bracket would have to go.

Posted Image

Anniversary SVT in the background.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Such a small Pontiac emblem on the back.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cameo by the Focus :)

Posted Image

First 1000 plaque

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Is that a special dash plaque in there? It's beautiful! I think I felt it move- and I don't mean the plaque, either! :blink: Now for my standard bit of can't-have-a-Solstice weeping- please, turn away... :(

Is that a special dash plaque in there?  It's beautiful!  I think I felt it move- and I don't mean the plaque, either! :blink:

[post="40300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

{As FOG weeps with Mach5GTP for the same reason}

Yes, the plaque denotes that this is one of the first 1000 Solsti. You know, the allotment for "The Aprentice"

I don't like the fake-foglamp treatment much.  I see bolts and screws.  Cheap.

[post="40396"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

True... but it's probably easier to install and service the foglamps when they can be accessed from the outside of the bumper.

Anyway... I noticed that not all of the "foglamp" is a foglamp, half of it seems to be a turn signal. So, if a Solstice does not have foglights, is that half covered or is the entire thing a turn signal?

True... but it's probably easier to install and service the foglamps when they can be accessed from the outside of the bumper.

Anyway... I noticed that not all of the "foglamp" is a foglamp, half of it seems to be a turn signal.  So, if a Solstice does not have foglights, is that half covered or is the entire thing a turn signal?

[post="41060"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good god man, you guys are being too critical. It's a beautiful car! Also, looking at this car, it becomes clear that a Kappa based entry level compact is an impossibilty, there's no room for a back seat. In fact, Kappa is, I believe, a corvette platform shortened by a couple of feet.

Meh, Anyway, it's a really nice car, much better looking than the MX-5

Good god man, you guys are being too critical. It's a beautiful car!  Also, looking at this car, it becomes clear that a Kappa based entry level compact is an impossibilty, there's no room for a back seat. In fact, Kappa is, I believe, a corvette platform shortened by a couple of feet.

[post="41479"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How am I being too critical? :huh:

I pointed out why it is advantageous to have exposed screws on the foglights. Then, it caught my attention that the foglight isn't entirely a foglight, and I am curious to see what happens when there are none.

Sweet Jesus...all the people who decided on required front license plates in their respective states need to die.

Well, that's kind of harsh...but I really do despise them.

[post="41728"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The bad thing is that NC doesn't require a front plate either. The dealer is just a f*cktard. And on an unrelated note; I went to parks chevy up off of Tryon and they wouldn't let me test drive the Cobalt SS for "insurance" reasons. That's a real good way to sell cars.

Fog lamps are standard so there always will be some. Also they are half turn signal and half fog. They are the very same ones on my 04 Comp G GTP Grand Prix. The also supply the daytime running lights for the car. On the plate just make sure you don't buy one mounted. I expect the dealer is just using the pop rivits to mount them like my GP would have if I did not stop them. If you ever remove the mount you will have 3 holes. I used two pieces of aluminum and some velcro to hold my bracket on. I only had to drill two holes under the bumper out of site. One day if the state gets the front plate law out of the books I will have a unscared bumper. I was not lucky enough to stop them on my SSEI and they ran 3 big screws in the bumper to hold it on. I did a retractable on my Fiero. If I need it I just pull the cable and it drops down and when I don't I just pull the cable and it goes back up out of sight. I hate the Ohio front plate law. Edited by hyperv6

Good god man, you guys are being too critical. It's a beautiful car!  Also, looking at this car, it becomes clear that a Kappa based entry level compact is an impossibilty, there's no room for a back seat. In fact, Kappa is, I believe, a corvette platform shortened by a couple of feet.

[post="41479"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Kappa is it's own dedicated platform, from the ground up. Also, it's flexible, and could lengthed to accomodate a backseat for a sedan if necesarry if built for say... going toe to toe with the BMW 1 when it comes.

Kappa is it's own dedicated platform, from the ground up.  Also, it's flexible, and could lengthed to accomodate a backseat for a sedan if necesarry if built for say... going toe to toe with the BMW 1 when it comes.

[post="41776"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I stand corrected about the platform, I think. But is there a sufficient demand for a compact rear wheel drive sedan for GM to do this?

I also agree with the people in this thread who say those front license plates ruin the look of the car.

Fog lamps are standard so there always will be some.

[post="41762"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Fogs are actually optional on the Solstice... wonder what it looks like without them. A black plastic hole? Or did they convert them into DRLs? But how would that save any money...

The silver Solstice in the pics has foglamps, in the lower half of the lamp assembly. Cars without fogs fill the same hole with a bigger signal lamp. Someone posted pics here of a non-fog Solstice a while back.

The screws are there to hold the lamp into the bumper. Without the screws, the lamp would fall out on the parking lot and people would laugh. It's a good setup that allows quick, easy changing of bulbs for owners, instead of taking splash shields, etc., out from under the bumper and pulling it out from the back side.

That license plate frame is a tragedy. The dealer must have bought it at auction from a state that requires a front plate.
Edited by ocnblu

How am I being too critical? 

I pointed out why it is advantageous to have exposed screws on the foglights. Then, it caught my attention that the foglight isn't entirely a foglight, and I am curious to see what happens when there are none.

It, the entire lens, turns into a turn signal. Look on Pontiac.com and there is a pic. It just doesn't have a divider line and 2 bulbs.

The front license plate ruins the front. Hopefully the same is not the case for the Sky.

I agree.... But, better that it's in the grille than on the nose somewhere. That way it can be unbolted and taken out, whereas in the other instance there would be 2 huge holes ruining the nose (If the tag bracket wasn't there)

I would just take it off... If a front plate is required I would just leave it in the front window.