Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satty

I hate job hunting

41 posts in this topic

But I hate my job even more. I've got an interview this afternoon, I'm hoping for the best because ongoing asininity (apparently thats a real word) at work is going to turn me into an alcoholic.

I've got a phone interview this afternoon... my current contract is winding down, back on the hunt again. Hope to get another gig going by April 1 or so.

But I hate my job even more. I've got an interview this afternoon, I'm hoping for the best because ongoing asininity (apparently thats a real word) at work is going to turn me into an alcoholic.

That sounds like my job, but I can't afford to drink. :(

Hell, I don't know how much longer I'll even have my job.....

Hell, I don't know how much longer I'll even have my job.....

With my current client, I either have a job for A) 4 more hours, B) 1 week, C) 1 month, or D) unknown. My current contract was originally thru the end of March. But then two weeks ago, they told me that they had no more budget and that my contract would wind down this week. The same day, my contracting house emailed me that it had been extended until July 1. The next day, they came back and said through the end of February. Last week, they revised that to through today. Yesterday, the project manager said through the end of February. Who knows. The pay keeps getting direct deposited every Friday though.

My Kwikie phone interview went really well, I should have a panel interview next week sometime.

You guys are lucky to get interviews...All the job applications I have filled out, all the places I have sent my resume to, all the follow-ups I have done...Absolutely nothing.

My Kwikie phone interview went really well, I should have a panel interview next week sometime.

Cool...my phone interview went well, probably will have an in-person w/ them next week. Hope to get a few more interviews in motion over the next couple of weeks.

Update: later in the afternoon, confirmed the in-person interview for Monday afternoon. Got emails from other recruiters about 2 other positions..

Edited by moltar

With my current client, I either have a job for A) 4 more hours, B) 1 week, C) 1 month, or D) unknown. My current contract was originally thru the end of March. But then two weeks ago, they told me that they had no more budget and that my contract would wind down this week. The same day, my contracting house emailed me that it had been extended until July 1. The next day, they came back and said through the end of February. Last week, they revised that to through today. Yesterday, the project manager said through the end of February. Who knows. The pay keeps getting direct deposited every Friday though.

Money is good.....

You guys are lucky to get interviews...All the job applications I have filled out, all the places I have sent my resume to, all the follow-ups I have done...Absolutely nothing.

You sound just like me Nick.....

For the hundreds I've put out, I think I got two interviews out of that...

My current job and my last job were obtained by knowing very useful people. Now, between my work history and my references, I dont have to worry about getting an interview, even in this hyper-competitive climate.

My current job and my last job were obtained by knowing very useful people. Now, between my work history and my references, I dont have to worry about getting an interview, even in this hyper-competitive climate.

Sometimes it is really who you know.....

been out of work over a month now. as we speak working on resume type stuff for an IV TOMORROW, but aside from that, no prospects for months I assume.

That's what I hate about the job market...often times to get the job you have to know someone, as opposed to being judged on your own merits.

That's what I hate about the job market...often times to get the job you have to know someone, as opposed to being judged on your own merits.

Sad, but true...

My problem is that I know most of the design programs with the notable exception of InDesign, and it's one of the programs lots of design companies want experience with in addition to the other stuff. <_<

Oy, gotta go to an interview tomorrow. But it cant be a regular old interview, its a freaking panel interview, I get 3 people throwing &#036;h&#33; at me.

Helps if you know some people in the field as it helps to get interviews and get your foot in the door.

Good Luck all,

I had a technical interview Monday, with 4 people..w/ a manager, tech lead, architect, and QA lead. It went well, haven't received an offer yet. Should know before the end of the week. It's a 1 yr contract, good rate, through my same current contracting house, with a major bank...only big negative I see it's it's way out in Chandler in the East Valley, about a 25 mile drive each way.

Talked to a couple other recruiters I've used in the past, they are going to submit me to some other places..

For realEXCITEMENT, today when I left work, coming out of the parking garage, going down the ramp to the exit, I had catastrophic brake failure.....was fun limping home thru traffic with very little brakes, in a 4800lb car. Checked the master cylinder, still had plenty of brake fluid.

Edited by moltar

I've been trying to decide what to wear to my interview. I've narrowed it down to either a black shirt, a mint green one or a red one. So I sent texts out to a few people asking for advice. So far, I've had 3 replies and 3 answers. I hate my friends.

I've been trying to decide what to wear to my interview. I've narrowed it down to either a black shirt, a mint green one or a red one. So I sent texts out to a few people asking for advice. So far, I've had 3 replies and 3 answers. I hate my friends.

I guess it depends on the type of position you are interviewing for..for me, I usually always wear a suit w/ a dress shirt, tie, dress shoes. Usually a dark blue or dark gray suit w/ subtle pin stripes. Now if it's a start up company instead of a big corporate environment, I might do khakis and a button down dress shirt w/o a tie..

I just heard back from my recruiter...the client wants me, 1 yr contract, great rate. The only negative is the 50 mile round trip commute (most all freeway though).

Decisions, decisions...jump on it or start a full-scale job search..

Well, the outlook for me getting a new contract with my school district in June is very dim at this point (it is early to start panicking, as we don't have to be "officially" told until April 30th). However, the principal and union president, in separate meetings, have told the high school staff that non-tenred teachers (not me thankfully) and low-seniority holders (unfortunately, this is me in my department; even with 7 years there I still have no one below me and too many above) should start taking pro-active measures now as the school budget is projected to be $4 million short for 2009/2010. In discussions with administration and supvervisors, I've learned my job/position is "expendable". The subjects I teach are part of the elective course offerings, where many schools are cutting their budget money at (now if I only taught required academic courses like math, history, science or english!). I do not look forward to the day when pink slips are issued, especially with my name on one. Unlike some people out in the business world, there is no severance pay for teachers. Come July 1, there will be no money for me until I find new employment :mind-blowing:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0