Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
01Malibu

The next Chevrolet Impala to compete with the Taurus

17 posts in this topic

The current Impala won't compete with the next Ford Taurus. GM was slow about competing with the 1986 Taurus...1990 Lumina couldn't compete with the old Taurus. You wonder if GM had a cool Impala ready to hit the market next year that maybe they wouldn't be in DC begging for more money!!

Completely different segments. The Taurus sells to middle-aged men and women who have given up on life, the Impala sells to Avis.

You word the title as though this is posted news with a source, as though GM has stated this would be the case.

Reminds me of the time Josh posted a huge article on GMS about GM having quality problems with the (then-unreleased) GMT-900 pickups because he saw one on the side of the road with its hazard lights on.

You word the title as though this is posted news with a source, as though GM has stated this would be the case.

Yeah, that's a bit annoying.

I love a good bait-and-switch, classic douche move right there.

Well, they are competitors, as they are the full size FWD sedan models from their respective brands. But the current (and the '10) Taurus completely outclasses the antiquated Impala, with it's all-old engine and transmission.

Edited by moltar

Completely different segments. The Taurus sells to middle-aged men and women who have given up on life, the Impala sells to Avis.

Well I rather like the Impala as it is but that new Taurus is going to beat it and the Taurus Stigma.... I hope.

Uh oh, Josh didn't seem to have learned from his "shelved" fiasco that fake news doesn't sell!

Go home, please, and take your BFFs Unkle Kracker and Kid Rock with you!

Middle aged buyers are the backbone of the car industry, and have kids to feed, real jobs. The stereotype of 'giving up on dreams' is false. It is facing reality, which young idolizers know hardly anything about.

Expecting to be a 'superstar' overnight or to fake dreams of getting $$ handed to you is what is driving this country down.

I say to the young know it alls, move out of your parent's basement now, since you "know everything".

Middle aged buyers are the backbone of the car industry, and have kids to feed, real jobs. The stereotype of 'giving up on dreams' is false. It is facing reality, which young idolizers know hardly anything about.

Expecting to be a 'superstar' overnight or to fake dreams of getting $$ handed to you is what is driving this country down.

I say to the young know it alls, move out of your parent's basement now, since you "know everything".

You do realize that was an old Saturday Night Live quote, don't you?

The current Impala won't compete with the next Ford Taurus. GM was slow about competing with the 1986 Taurus...1990 Lumina couldn't compete with the old Taurus. You wonder if GM had a cool Impala ready to hit the market next year that maybe they wouldn't be in DC begging for more money!!

GM lost the initiative, relative to the mid-'80s Taurus and ultimately Accord and Camry, by not seeking to improve the Celebrity.

Celebrity was GM's sales champion through the mid-1980s. Still see a few of 'em running around.

RIP Chicagoland's hopes and dreams. He barely knew you.

You do realize that was an old Saturday Night Live quote, don't you?

Ding ding ding! I wish I could find the clip, it was from Weekend Update about the time Ford announced they were discontinuing the Taurus name.

Ding ding ding! I wish I could find the clip, it was from Weekend Update about the time Ford announced they were discontinuing the Taurus name.

they would have never got rid of the Taurus name if the name would have been FAURUS. they had a craze and wanted all thier cars to start with the letter F.. I was waiting for them to rename the Mustang the Fustang.

they would have never got rid of the Taurus name if the name would have been FAURUS. they had a craze and wanted all thier cars to start with the letter F.. I was waiting for them to rename the Mustang the Fustang.

Dude, a few weeks ago I saw a Focus done up with Mustang stripes and "Fustang" on the back. :lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room