Ive defected to the dark side

intrigued

well my alero is getting on in years. Its been a great car (2001 gls loaded) It had 50k miles on it half of them are hard city miles and let me tell you new rochelle has the biggest potholes in the world. The car need new brakes again soon and the suspenshion basically needs to be replaced. Ive been debating for a while wheather I want to dump 2 grand into fixing a car that is nice but not worth all that much. I almost baught a G6 this summer but I really couldnt swing a 30 grand car which is about what the GTP i wanted cost. So I had this "I need to fix the alero soon or get a new car goal" on my back burner. So this past friday one of my friends friend came to pick us up and bring us to a bar. He pulls up in an imaculate 2003 g35 sedan, black exterior ebony interior. So we're driving and im like "bro this is a sick car." He comes back with "I just ordered a new lexus IS350." So i come back with so are you selling this car? He said yes. I asked how much. He said 20 grand. I say how many miles. He said 30k. I im going to the bank next week and im taking out a loan to buy this car from you. So this is my one time flirting with the darkside. I couldnt afford any of the GM's I wanted because all the ones I wanted are new and there is nothing used from gm that I really wanted. So this is myh hold me over till my senior year car when I will hopefully be able to buy a CTS coupe. GM im taking a break but Ill be back.

PS if anyone wantes my alero im selling it for only 5 grand. It will cost about another 2 to get it fully repaired (new brakes, shocks struts and a new bumper.) mechanically the car runs like new never had any reliability issues.

Congratulations ! For 10,000 - 12,000 you could have gotten a well maintained G2 Aurora but that $20,000 G35 is a better deal. The Aurora is not the kind of car to be pounding over pot holes anyhow, they deserve better, its a good place for that G35.

[post="42655"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear you were being sarcastic :lol:

The G35 sedan is all right. at least it doesn't have that horrible exhaust note that the coupe and the 350Z have.

yeah I like coupes but the reason I dont consider them hence not considering the GTO is that I need the functionality of four door. Carry stuff back and forth to college and trips for work. I thought about the 2nd gen aurora but I ended up not getting it. Its a stunning car but its a little to big for my taste especially for city driving. its also luxury first with performance second and while its resonably quick it doesnt feel any faster than my alero up to about 80. plus its FWD and I want more of a performance oriented RWD car. Cant get one of those from GM for 20 grand used unless you get a 2003 CTS but the 3.2 is course and underpowered for the car. Well theres me justifying my temporary defection to the dark side ill keep you guys posted on these developments.