2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster and NISMO 370Z

001-1280_580op.jpg

The 2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster and 2009 Nissan NISMO 370Z will be unveiled during a live webcast tonight at 7 PM EST, but we've got the details on both models ahead of their official debut.

The Roadster retains the same greasy bits as the coupe, but adds open air action in the form of a new power-operated, fully-lined fabric top with a glass rear window. The top automatically connects to the windshield header so the driver doesn't have to fiddle around with a latch and it can be lowered or raised from inside or out, through the use of an interior-mounted switch or a button on the door handle. A glass wind blocker between the headrests keeps buffeting to a minimum without impacting visibility, and although we haven't seen the new 370Z convertible with its top up, we've been assured it's far more attractive than its predecessor.

For those who find the standard 370Z too pedestrian for their tastes, a NISMO edition is on its way later this year. Like the last NISMO Z, the 2009 model sports a larger rear wing, new bumper and an aggressive front splitter, along with standard 19-inch RAYS ultra-lightweight wheels shod in Yokohama Advan Sport tires. The suspension and brakes get the usual array of upgrades to make the NISMO more amenable to track use and the VQ V6 gets a bump up from 332 hp to 350 hp at 7,400 rpm, thanks in part to a new exhaust and a revised ECU. Power goes from the close ratio six-speed manual 'box (the only transmission available) to the rear axle through a carbon fiber driveshaft. Press releases and specs for both cars are after the jump, and expect pricing and availablity to be announced before spring gives way to summer.

Autoblog

Not nuts about those strange 'twisted' factory wheels, either. From the 3/4 view,

they look cool, but in the side view they look like a product of a defective mold.

You have to grab the door handle everytime you get into it.

They should be unobtrusive and aerodynamic- they're utilitarian.

Here they stand out like a Rolls grille on this car- pointless & overly complex.

But don't think I care for the car otherwise... :wink:

Because I was soooo hard on the Camaro's interior.... this interior sucks butt too. What is it with all the stupid oversized gauges on the dashboard?!?! umm... sometimes you want all the power and looks of a sports car but you dont want the cheesy interior.

The roadster is bootylicious. The four-wheeled equivalent to J-Lo in black spandex. I want to drive to my local Nissan dealer just so I can spank it.

Great description. Make it black leather or PVC and the image would be even better. :)

I really like the roadster, looks pretty sweet inside and out..the Nismo looks interesting...better executed than the 350Z Nismo, which had that weird thing on the rear fascia..

I can't get past those giant, convoluted door handles; on such a tiny car, they're the largest automotive door handles in history. How the hell did they get approved? Even if I was into japanese sporty cars: -superficial or not- they'd be the dealbreaker.

I feel the same way abouty the Z over all...

The fundamental design appeals to me, but the details = EPIC fail. For example, the NISMO version was really appealing to me until I saw the nose of the car, which is balnd and seems to be missing something.

The roadster looks bad IMO... It looks like a skinny person with a HUGE curvy ass in the profile shot... Junk in tha trunk?!?! Yes?!?! It's like the ass has been grafted onto the car.

(STILL love that interior though! Even if it is utilitarian)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM