Piano+toddler=

And with the cheesy post above, and now this post, I think it is time to go on an indefinite hiatus from this site. Consider Croc "shelved," if you will.

Reasons:

General site malcontent, ineffective/inconsistent/nonexistant modding, apathy toward the site in general, PINGAS!!, tin foil hat zone. Oh, and nobody talks about GM cars anymore, just kvetches about everything there is to kvetch about. Irritating as hell.

Ciao.

I agree with Croc's points, all except for that damned foreign word at the end. SPEAKA ZE ENGLISH! :AH-HA_wink:

I don't have the inclination to leave, however. I've grown accustomed to the core group here and hope we can stick together through this dark phase and emerge stronger and bigger on the other side, with a renewed focus on casting C&G as a GM fan site... we've lost sight of that original intent in too many instances over the last several months, imo.

I nominate Satty's son to compose a piano theme for The Lounge. * plink plink plink *

I don't have the inclination to leave, however. I've grown accustomed to the core group here and hope we can stick together through this dark phase and emerge stronger and bigger on the other side, with a renewed focus on casting C&G as a GM fan site... we've lost sight of that original intent in too many instances over the last several months, imo.

This site was at its best when it was focused on being a news source for GM. We got press passes, and Fly tried to make this a legitimate site. Fly had to pursue other things, and no one here gives a $h! anymore. Just look at the thread titles: EVEN AFTER WEEKS, THEY ARE STILL UNREADABLE IN WHITE ON LIGHT GRAY! That is a 2 second fix, by changing the colors.

But no, too many people on here are stuck in the past with regards to GM, and looking to blame the unions, our new president (like him or not, he has 70% a approval rating and IS THE PRESIDENT--move on), beancounters, Saturn, SAAB, Opel, Carl Peter Forster, or any other scapegoat.

Then there are the tinfoil hat theorists.

Guys, we used to have real insiders who came here, but the fanboys drove them out. We are no longer a legitimate source for auto news; we are a conspiracy theorist tabloid of the auto industry. Things need to change, and we need IMO a change in the moderating/admin teams. The current formula is not working, and it will not magically start working without changes.

We need someone to administrate the site, we need mods who ACTUALLY MODERATE THE SITE (with the exception of Oldsmoboi, I don't see any real modding going on, with plenty of junk posts that SHOULD be removed or edited), we need people who have the time and inclination to gather news to post in the appropriate news sections, and we need to either scrap the front page entirely or find someone who is dedicated enough to make it happen for real, because it is a joke right now.

And I find it laughable how few members here care enough about the site to pay for the premium membership; either many of you are extremely selfish, or as I suspect, we have a lot of preteens who are too young for a paypal account. $12 is dirt cheap. That's less than a night at the movies, and it lasts a whole year. Support the site.

Unfortunately, I think the apathy and malcontent has reached a point where it will be damned difficult for us to recover.

And I think Satty's child should compose the theme while Satty records it to upload onto youtube.

Well, since you opened a can of worms Croc... :wavey:

News flash-GM sucks! Or haven't you heard?

Wave after wave of bad news on top of negative news, on top of the worst economy in decades= FAIL.

It's hard to have a positive post about GM right....a little happy news here and there might help.

I'm just tired of all the $h!ty news...if it wasn't for lounge to chill out and hang out until things get better (and people chill out a bit), I wouldn't be here.....

I like you guys and all, but if I could reach out a BS a few people every now and then......

And far as those "insiders", they either no longer have jobs (lots of those ex-GMers), or they couldn't handle being on a "PMS" site...

I agree with Croc's points, all except for that damned foreign word at the end. SPEAKA ZE ENGLISH! :AH-HA_wink:

I nominate Satty's son to compose a piano theme for The Lounge. * plink plink plink *

WHAT-I CAN"T HEAR OVER THE MUSIC.. :AH-HA_wink:

This site was at its best when it was focused on being a news source for GM. We got press passes, and Fly tried to make this a legitimate site. Fly had to pursue other things, and no one here gives a $h! anymore. Just look at the thread titles: EVEN AFTER WEEKS, THEY ARE STILL UNREADABLE IN WHITE ON LIGHT GRAY! That is a 2 second fix, by changing the colors.

Just feel the need to post this, since everyone and their mother thinks site maintaining is s piece of cake. Changing 1 font color is a gross over simplification. I have yet to be told how the site is structured, and, if the css that controls the font style is linked to other skins, it can screw up the look of them. I haven't been told how it's set up, haven't had time to dig through the scripts and look, and frankly I don't care at this point.

I'm tired of the fact that despite being a member here since `06 I still get a big load of $h! from people like I don't belong here, despite the fact that I've contributed to the actual site more than they have. The posting on this site has borderlined on hysterical lately, and has gotten downright nasty. So you know what? Fix it yourselves.

Oh and you're right, the site doesn't get properly moderated, but when often times Olds or I are the only ones on to do it, yeah things get put on hold to take care of other problems. I really don't feel that the mod team functions as a team.

OH- AND YOU SHOULD RELAX TOO.....

Believe me, I'm very relaxed. I was content to take an indefinite break, but several members wanted me to stay--if that's the case, then I'm going to say my piece.

Just feel the need to post this, since everyone and their mother thinks site maintaining is s piece of cake. Changing 1 font color is a gross over simplification. I have yet to be told how the site is structured, and, if the css that controls the font style is linked to other skins, it can screw up the look of them. I haven't been told how it's set up, haven't had time to dig through the scripts and look, and frankly I don't care at this point.

I'm tired of the fact that despite being a member here since `06 I still get a big load of $h! from people like I don't belong here, despite the fact that I've contributed to the actual site more than they have. The posting on this site has borderlined on hysterical lately, and has gotten downright nasty. So you know what? Fix it yourselves.

Then change the default skin to one that is readable. But frankly, your "I don't care" attitude is the crux of the problem; no one really gives a $h! about the site anymore, and it shows. REALLY SHOWS. If I had the access to fix it myself, I would. But until then, it's all you, buddy. Not being able to see the thread titles on a MESSAGE BOARD isn't exactly a nitpick, either.

Right there with you on the hysterical/nasty environment. But I'm not really sure I'm aware of people acting like you don't belong on the site. Nobody "doesn't belong" on here. If you're getting static from people, then the only thing I can suggest as to why that may be is that your moderating is pretty inconsistent, and sometimes your posts come off really immature. But not always. I don't personally have a problem with you on the site, but that's just something (hopefully) constructive to consider if people have been shutting you down. Of course, you're a mod and they aren't, so I don't get what the issue is. Being a mod involves moderating and inserting yourself in the middle of things to keep the site civil and intelligent. It is NOT a popularity contest, and if being popular on the site is important to you, you're probably in the wrong business.

Oh and you're right, the site doesn't get properly moderated, but when often times Olds or I are the only ones on to do it, yeah things get put on hold to take care of other problems. I really don't feel that the mod team functions as a team.

Yup, the moderating "team" has not been a functioning team for quite some time. Of course, it really wasn't back when I was modding. There have always been the mods who do their jobs, then the ones who are too conflict-averse to do anything at all, and actively discourage any real moderating from being done. And kvetch about not having enough time to do it. Yes, it's on a volunteer basis, but there are plenty of people on here who are willing and able to pick up the slack.

Fixed

IDK if she's the one that noticed a 'coincidence' between some avian flu, the current swine flu and Democratic Presidents in office or if she's just the average far-right Republican nut case... If she is the flu lady, then :rotflmao:

Edited by ZL-1

IDK if she's the one that noticed a 'coincidence' between some avian flu, the current swine flu and Democratic Presidents in office or if she's just the average far-right Republican nut case... If she is the flu lady, then :rotflmao:

Yup, that's her. Truly a unique individual, with an extremely unique point of view.

RE: Site moderation; I did try to offer my help, but I suppose the assumption was, at that time, I wasn't "mod material."

Having me on board sure couldn't have hurt and yes it still somewhat irritates me.

Oh well. I'm used to getting a "raw deal."

RE: Site moderation; I did try to offer my help, but I suppose the assumption was, at that time, I wasn't "mod material."

Having me on board sure couldn't have hurt and yes it still somewhat irritates me.

Oh well. I'm used to getting a "raw deal."

Same here, buddy.

One thing though, I have tried to keep the Front Page updated, so it is a bit insulting to say "it's a joke". Are you expecting 50 updates per day or what? Yeah I'm not in front of my computer 24/7 to ensure every bit of news gets updated, however the big stuff goes there and I like to keep the most important news up for a little while.

This is where some help would be nice, so it wasn't just me posting most of the news and updating the front page...and working on the technical aspects of the site.

One thing though, I have tried to keep the Front Page updated, so it is a bit insulting to say "it's a joke". Are you expecting 50 updates per day or what? Yeah I'm not in front of my computer 24/7 to ensure every bit of news gets updated, however the big stuff goes there and I like to keep the most important news up for a little while.

This is where some help would be nice, so it wasn't just me posting most of the news and updating the front page...and working on the technical aspects of the site.

But it is a joke. Objectively. Compare it to any other equivalent on the internet. If there are 50 breaking pieces of news a day, then there should be 50 updates. This is no reflection of you, more the disorganization of the site as a whole. This is far too big of a job for one person to be entirely responsible.

I don't remember when you joined, but back around 2005/2006 we had a really good thing going, and we were actually pretty relevant as far as car enthusiast sites go...now we aren't. This isn't about placing blame, this is about stating our deficiencies so we can figure out a way to get ourselves back...or become something else entirely. We have quite a few hard choices to make if we want to stay relevant, just like GM does.

• 5 weeks later...

+1

Chris