I shouldn't even be considering this...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No response yet.

Bummer :banghead: I hope they give you an answer before the start of the holiday weekend. It would Rock :metal: to have it so you could play with it. :D

Edited by dfelt

We have a deal!

Way to go Camino, I look forward to hearing all about it and much more pics along with more info on the driveline clunk and of course any other dirt you find. :D

I think you should start a thread in the forum on "Project Blazer" Then you can post your pics and all the inside dirt on what you are going to do with this new baby. :P just in time for the holiday weekend. :D

Thanks guys.

This has turned into a slow process - they are hunting down the title right now.

Could be early next week before I actually have it here.

No big deal though, I'm in no hurry.

Glad to hear you got it. Can't wait to see more of it!

Edited by gm4life

Damn you Camino, You gave me the bug to move forward on getting my own 2 door GMC Yukon.

I am now going to go check out this one I just found.

1994 2 Door GMC Yukon

This baby is awesome. :mind-blowing:

I'm assuming that they mean silver with a maroon interior and not the opposite as Franks Chevrolet has posted on their website?

Chris

dfelt, go for it! These trucks are becoming harder to find, especially in such great shape. The shape that '94 Yukon is in can't be beat, and while not my favorite color combo (I'd rather have the silver in the middle and the maroon on the upper & lower portions), it makes for a unique truck. The price is a little high IMO, but it does look like a well-cared for truck that hasn't been molested (no afternarket radio, no aftermarket alarm system installed, etc) and has modern GMC rims on it ('03-'06 Sierra aluminum rims). Keep us posted! Edited by GMTruckGuy74

We'll since the dealership is over 3 hrs away, i have emailed and called and will follow up with another call in the morning. If the answers to my questions are good enough for me then I will probably pull the trigger. It does look really good. Will keep you all updated. :) Thanks for the support and thanks Camino for giving me the bug! :neenerneener:

Way to go, dfelt! Two more awesome trucks in the C and G family.

Like I told gm4life...pics!

Chris

And then I told 66Stang in good time... I have almost went over to the house it sits at with my K100D and started taking photos for you... Then I decided they would think I was odd, not that haven't figured that out yet, but hopefully by Saturday I will have it. (Including photographs for you 66!)

Neat trucks saw a Chevy Blazer like yours Camino in gold tonight, that sounded great.

Edited by gm4life

So just finished talking to Ryan at the dealership. The vehicle he believes was owned by a smoker. This could be a deal breaker as I am allergic to tabaco and every time I am in a smokers vehicle I get stuffed up and start sneezing. He said they replaced the front seats since they were in bad shap. He is going to take additional photo's of the inside and email them to me. The vehicle had 2 owners, second owner had fancy aftermarket rims on it and when they sold another newer SUV the person liked it and paid to have those rims and they put the rims from the newer SUV on this 2 door Yukon.

Question to my fellow C&G peeps. Has anyone been successful in steam cleaning the inside of a vehicle to remove smokers smell?

Thanks all,

So just finished talking to Ryan at the dealership. The vehicle he believes was owned by a smoker. This could be a deal breaker as I am allergic to tabaco and every time I am in a smokers vehicle I get stuffed up and start sneezing. He said they replaced the front seats since they were in bad shap. He is going to take additional photo's of the inside and email them to me. The vehicle had 2 owners, second owner had fancy aftermarket rims on it and when they sold another newer SUV the person liked it and paid to have those rims and they put the rims from the newer SUV on this 2 door Yukon.

Question to my fellow C&G peeps. Has anyone been successful in steam cleaning the inside of a vehicle to remove smokers smell?

Thanks all,

Not just no but hell no. My mother in law bought a Chryco minivan that had been owned by a smoker, dealerhsip tried all kinds of stuff for a year...about once a month...didn't get the smell out.

Tried independant detail shops, etc...still no luck.

21 year old University student running into said van, totaling it...and van being crushed and melted...that got rid of the smell.

Once it's there it's there.

Chris

It depend how heavy the smoker was and what kind of equipment you're using, but it can be done. If you really want to get smoke smell out, rent a steam cleaner and an ozone smoke eater. Steam clean the interior to get any residual ash out of the upholstery, then leave the smoke eater in their for a while, depending on the size of eater that you rent. Air out the car to get the ozone out then check your progress. A car interior is small so it shouldn't take more than a day.

Depends how sensitive you are to the smell as well...I've known people with alergies to still have problems after the whole ozone thing...

Chris

It depend how heavy the smoker was and what kind of equipment you're using, but it can be done. If you really want to get smoke smell out, rent a steam cleaner and an ozone smoke eater. Steam clean the interior to get any residual ash out of the upholstery, then leave the smoke eater in their for a while, depending on the size of eater that you rent. Air out the car to get the ozone out then check your progress. A car interior is small so it shouldn't take more than a day.

Thanks Wildmanjoe for the input. I will keep this in mind as I consider this.

Depends how sensitive you are to the smell as well...I've known people with alergies to still have problems after the whole ozone thing...

Chris

Thanks Chris, sensitive I am, so I am not sure what I will do. I did find this other non smoker black one. just would require a road trip to California.

Black 1997 2Door in CA

1995 2 Door Yukon Black with Red strip

Camino-I had a similar issue when I bought my 55 Chevy...sucks to wait, doesn't it?

dfelt-the red and black one with 143k looks wonderful, I like it the better of the three vehicles you've posted.

I would however negotiate like hell. When I bought my Miata, sitting right next to it was a Honda Pilot, 2004, 85k...and it went out the door cheaper than your two latest vehicle links.

To paraphrase Teddy Roosevelt, talk softly and carry...cash or excellent financing. 2k off the top of either vehicle seems reasonable to me. When I bought my Safari van, I offered them 2k less and was serious...and thye took the deal.

Good luck...(and again, my vote is for the red and black one wiht 143k)

Chris

...hmmmm...I might have to change my mind...the black 97 comes with leather...

Something about the two tone 95 just feels more right, thorugh...can't put my finger on it.

Chris

Not just no but hell no. My mother in law bought a Chryco minivan that had been owned by a smoker, dealerhsip tried all kinds of stuff for a year...about once a month...didn't get the smell out.

Tried independant detail shops, etc...still no luck.

I febreezed the hell out of my Grand Am for a while and the smell eventually went away. :P

GM told us to close up the car and leave a big bowl of ground coffee in it.

Camino, lost title? No worries, it'll give you time to haul that 502 home from your local GM Performance dealership for installation.:)

Cool, I hope the mechanical issues aren't too expensive to resolve so you can get it on the road and shaken down for reliability quickly. A NOS system will help check for bulletproof reliability.

:rolleyes: @ NOS

I hope for an inexpensive fix for the two major issues - I plan a detailed diagnostic session before I even start.

No rush with this one.

Now the Mothertruck, on the other hand, that one is starting to get on my nerves just sitting there.

Waiting makes me... nervous.

But this go-round it doesn't bother me so much.

I'm kinda busy at the moment with other things anyway.

I should be at the race car garage right now in fact.

Smuggle the Healy out and put it in my garage. They have lots of cars...they won't miss just one...

(kidding)

Chris

BTW: There has been another delay.

They had to file for lost title, as the original can't be found.

Supposedly, it will take about a week...

Keep a smiling man, your new baby will be in your hands sooner than you think. Looking forward to more pics and hearing all about it. :D

GM told us to close up the car and leave a big bowl of ground coffee in it.

Camino, lost title? No worries, it'll give you time to haul that 502 home from your local GM Performance dealership for installation.:)

You mean the RamJet 502? :scratchchin: That would be a kick ass ride with that engine in it. :P

You mean the RamJet 502? :scratchchin: That would be a kick ass ride with that engine in it. :P

Hell even a Ram Jet 350 would do... A 502 in that puppy would be hot, but would it fit in the motor bay, and wouldn't that thing just beat the piss right out of the factory 5spd? Now a 6spd. from the GMT-800 HD trucks would be nice as well.

Hell even a Ram Jet 350 would do... A 502 in that puppy would be hot, but would it fit in the motor bay, and wouldn't that thing just beat the piss right out of the factory 5spd? Now a 6spd. from the GMT-800 HD trucks would be nice as well.

RamJet 502 would fit, just need to make sure the rest of the driveline and supporting undercarriage could handle it. :P