Justin Bimmer

Rental Car Deal!

21 posts in this topic

So I just reserved a rental from Hertz and their best deal for 4 days was 50 dollars MORE than their best deal for a week rental!

FAIL! for Hertz

FTW! for JamesBond

lol What car did you rent?

Full size. (Impala, Malibu, Grand Prix) But I am getting it on a saturday so who knows what they will have left to rent me.

I recently reserved a car (Lincoln Town Car or DTS) through Hertz for Memorial Day weekend, and the rates by booking through the USAirways site vs. directly via the Hertz website were about $130 less for ~3 1/2 days..and I wasn't using a coupon.

I always overpay for rentals. The underage fee (18-20) sometimes dwarfs the cost for the actual car.

I recently reserved a car (Lincoln Town Car or DTS) through Hertz for Memorial Day weekend, and the rates by booking through the USAirways site vs. directly via the Hertz website were about $130 less for ~3 1/2 days..and I wasn't using a coupon.

Can we have pics of it? Especially if it is a DTS, please!

Can we have pics of it? Especially if it is a DTS, please!

I'm hoping it will be a Town Car.. :) Picking it up in Pittsburgh on the 22nd.

I know you like RWD! Please do post a few pics of her would yah?

I know you like RWD! Please do post a few pics of her would yah?

Will do.. going to get my '87 and '69 Mustangs out and drive them some over the holiday weekend also..will try and take some pics of them also.

Oh and I forgot, American Express OPEN savings

I will take pics of whatever I get too.

Will do.. going to get my '87 and '69 Mustangs out and drive them some over the holiday weekend also..will try and take some pics of them also.

I CANNOT WAIT! Thanks!

Edited by gm4life

Redneck chick with a '95 Camaro (150k miles btw) we fixed returned her rental... an '09 Corolla. She must have been drunk for most of the time she had it. The passenger front fender was all scraped up, and the wheel cover on that side. She must have found some scratches, because there was red fingernail polish around the Toyota emblem on the trunk lid and left doors (splattered, not carefully applied anywhere), the trunk interior, seats, and ignition key were all splattered in red. She told Enterprise she didn't know who did it, it must have been vandalized.

Hey, here's another tip...especially in California.

If you rent from a NON-airport location, especially picking up on the weekend, you get REALLY good rates and there are less taxes. Basically, you can put another $10 to $20 in your pocket on a $225 rental.

I shop relentlessly for the best rental car deals.

Hey, here's another tip...especially in California.

If you rent from a NON-airport location, especially picking up on the weekend, you get REALLY good rates and there are less taxes. Basically, you can put another $10 to $20 in your pocket on a $225 rental.

I shop relentlessly for the best rental car deals.

Hertz LOCAL Edition BABY! At the airport it would have been 100 bucks more.

The 69 For sure...not this eme. day weekend, but sometime when you are in Ohio we should hook up for lunch or something.

Chris

Here renting at the airport is significantly cheaper than non-airport locations. I checked a one-day rental from Avis, the airport was like $15, the non airport was $40. Oh, and corporate discount FTW 'cause our large car (which ended up being an Acadia) in Florida for a week ended up being like $140.

If you're going to be in PGH for any length of time, let me know.

If you're going to be in PGH for any length of time, let me know.

I'll let you know, probably just be in and out of the airport...going to visit my Mom 75 miles west of the Burgh.

The 69 For sure...not this eme. day weekend, but sometime when you are in Ohio we should hook up for lunch or something.

Chris

Definitely...sometimes I fly in and out of Columbus..it's about 25 miles further for me than PGH.

Picked up my Malibu LS today. Love the car. I have had one before, but this one has two HUGE dents in the front passenger door. I'll take some photos.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room