ocn is trippin', holmes

Yup, the annual Ocean City, MD spring car show extravaganza is taking place tomorrow through Sunday. So I'm heading south tomorrow morning sometime. The weather forecast is iffy, but I have my room paid for at Rehoboth Guest House, so I gotta go. I hope the weather's decent. I want to post pictures when I get back, as in years past, but I think I'll only take pictures of Tin Indians this year, as a tribute.

Then next weekend is Memorial Day already... time's a flyin'. I have to go to a place called Morris, PA, in Tioga County to see my little brother's freshly-purchased "cabin". Where in the heck is Morris, PA? What is it near? Ah well, can't disappoint little brother, and I'm happy for him for being able to buy a vacation place of his own.

Edited by ocnblu

Just mentioned on the news tonight locally, too--I had almost forgotten. Err, actually, the weather has been so NOT late April/May around here lately, it's hard to believe what time it is, so close to summer. Looks like Morris, PA (conflicting maps here...) is quite a hike, wherever it might really be.

Still, looks to be dry tomorrow, possibly wet Friday, dry'ish Saturday, wet again Sunday, etc. Figures, as Sunday I'm headed in the reverse direction up to Bethlehem, PA again... :AH-HA_wink:

You know...as you'll be passing RIGHT by my work on Rt. 1 and even once you're at your hotel, it's literally minutes away, we may have to find one another at one point soon 8) The big greenie from Oz is bellowing some mean tones now with just an air intake change, and likes to show it off.

Edited by caddycruiser

Yup, the annual Ocean City, MD spring car show extravaganza is taking place tomorrow through Sunday. So I'm heading south tomorrow morning sometime. The weather forecast is iffy, but I have my room paid for at Rehoboth Guest House, so I gotta go. I hope the weather's decent. I want to post pictures when I get back, as in years past, but I think I'll only take pictures of Tin Indians this year, as a tribute.

Hey, I've only been to the Jersey Shore around Atlantic City. Is Virginia Beach, further down the coast, nice?

caddycruiser, do you park out front @ work? I would like to stop to meet your car, err.. I mean meet you and see your car. :) davey, I'll try not to forget to have fun. My dad and his wife are going down, too, they're staying in Ocean City, and my friend Dustin is going to be there with his wife and 3 little girls. Mr. Bond, I might have to find myself on a boat if the weather takes a turn for the worse, drownin' my sorrows in some Santana. Bob, I drove through Virginia Beach once on the way back from The Outer Banks, NC, and I was stuck in a ghetto part, lost for a while. I think I did eventually see some beach before exiting, stage left. DF, have fun when you go, you'll prolly get some inspiration for your own car.

ocnblu just stopped by a little bit ago and I let him take the G8 for a spin, and he snapped a picture. Now, if only he weren't so short...took me a few minutes to slide my seat back afterwards :AH-HA_wink:

His Cobalt, by the way, is one of the nicest in person I've ever seen, especially from a color and new wheels perspective.

Edited by caddycruiser

Well thanks for the compliment on the Cobalt, mr. cruiser. But the comment on my shortness, that's another story, bub. :angry: :AH-HA_wink:

Oh, and I don't know if you could tell, but I was a little bit out of it after losing my momentum in Dover, DE, with the traffic stoppage and the repaving on Rt. 1. I certainly do appreciate you letting me drive your hot new Pontiac, that was a surprise. She's a sweetheart, no doubt! I was going to try to meet up w/you again, but things just kept flowing and I didn't get a chance. Next time.

ocnblu just stopped by a little bit ago and I let him take the G8 for a spin, and he snapped a picture. Now, if only he weren't so short...took me a few minutes to slide my seat back afterwards :AH-HA_wink:

His Cobalt, by the way, is one of the nicest in person I've ever seen, especially from a color and new wheels perspective.

Ocn's Cobalt makes me want to put a nice set of wheels on mine.....

Well thanks for the compliment on the Cobalt, mr. cruiser. But the comment on my shortness, that's another story, bub. :angry: :AH-HA_wink:

Oh, and I don't know if you could tell, but I was a little bit out of it after losing my momentum in Dover, DE, with the traffic stoppage and the repaving on Rt. 1. I certainly do appreciate you letting me drive your hot new Pontiac, that was a surprise. She's a sweetheart, no doubt! I was going to try to meet up w/you again, but things just kept flowing and I didn't get a chance. Next time.

It was awesome to finally meet you...and as for the G8 drive, you are very welcome. Too bad we didn't run it a little harder, to give you a 2nd and 3rd chirpy chirp, but I think you still got a good idea of it. And then yesterday, it dropped a little closer to the ground...not exactly necessary, but I'm getting used to it.

Every year I want to make it down to OC, and every year I never do...glad to hear you had fun down there, too!

It was awesome to finally meet you...and as for the G8 drive, you are very welcome. Too bad we didn't run it a little harder, to give you a 2nd and 3rd chirpy chirp, but I think you still got a good idea of it. And then yesterday, it dropped a little closer to the ground...not exactly necessary, but I'm getting used to it.

Every year I want to make it down to OC, and every year I never do...glad to hear you had fun down there, too!

I hope you had plenty of bleach and alcohol to wipe down the steering wheel and seat after. You never know where ocn's hands have been and as for his other end, I don't even want to think about it ... :neenerneener:

I hope you had plenty of bleach and alcohol to wipe down the steering wheel and seat after. You never know where ocn's hands have been and as for his other end, I don't even want to think about it ... :neenerneener:

Ewwww.....TMI

PCS is just being his rude, normal, hairy ass self. I don't pay him no mind.

Oh, but what would we do without him, hah. Let's put it this way. NO ONE even touches my car, let alone drives it, unless they've met my approval...and I didn't even think twice asking you if you wanted to take it for a spin :AH-HA_wink:

Any pictures from the trip yet?

I appreciate it, mr. cruiser. Yup, I took a bunch of pictures, all of Pontiacs, but I wasn't sure I wanted to post them and open myself to those who are hostile toward PMD here. Maybe I'll relent soon. I can tell you there are two pictures I missed: the '71 Catalina hardtop coupe with vinyl top, in black primer with 20" blingy chrome rims (not jacked up high, just high enough to clear those outrageous wheels), and the '60 2-door hdtp, again in black primer, but with more subdued rolling stock.

Please ocn, post those Pontiac pictures. Even though the haters outnumber the Pontiac Enthusiasts here, do it for those of us still in pain over the loss of our favorite brand/division.

Yes, and there's even a pic of my G8 in the mix...although, it's just from the rear in my parking spot, and still with that pesky dealer sticker on the trunk I'll probably hear about 10 more times. Oh well. Too bad we didn't stage the 'Balt and G8 together...a C&G family rides shot of sorts. Some day.

Now, if only you had seen & driven it, OCN, with the new slight drop...not my thread, but in relation to the visit down here in beach land 8) :

Image00037.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

You want it, you got it, Toyota (uh, nevermind):

100_0282.jpg

100_0283.jpg

100_0284.jpg

100_0285.jpg

100_0286.jpg

this '72 Luxury LeMans is my step mom's:

100_0287.jpg

100_0288.jpg

and, finally, a little play on numbers on the way down:

100_0249.jpg

Edited by ocnblu

You rock...killer pics, the first one especially. Wow, what a baja runner it was last week 8) .

It's funny, I even can spot the failing stock suspension on that newer GTO above...droopy rear, canted in rear wheels and such. But I still love it. Ah, such a Pontiac-o-phile...

Edited by caddycruiser

:metal: OCNBLU you Rock!!! :metal: Thank you for posting such an amazing collection of awesome metal. I would love a number of those cars.

R.I.P. May you rest in Peace and tear it up in history PONTIAC!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Holy cow, ocnblu ... LOVE those pics ... and glad you had a good time and got to meet cruiser and drive his G8!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's a freedom that we all want to know" ... Restless Heart ... 'Wheels'

Thanks again for posting these 'blu.

That 68 'bird is just the cat's ass...and the 65-66 GTO pics are great, my fav. GTO bodystyle.

And I think I spy a Carosel Red GTO ragtop, if my monitor is showing the color right.

That GTO ragtop...WOW.

Chris