Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vonVeezelsnider

Did your dealer survive?

9 posts in this topic

I know the Canadian stuff hasn't been officially been released but the guy who owns my dealer was on the news yesterday to announce that they had not received the GM Death Notice. I'm wondering how many people here have had the dealer that they frequent get slashed in the last week?

Yep, even in small Delaware...all good here. A couple of Chrysler places who didn't carry the full 3-brand line got cut, but no GM's that I know of.

The Chevy-BPG-Mitsubishi-Isuzu in Laurel seems fine, I was in there last week in search of a part for my Intrigue. But who knows, since GM hasn't put out a list.

Laurel Dodge, OTOH, wasn't so fortunate.

My Chevy dealer is tiny (circa 20-vehicle lot) but seems to move a lot of product over a wide-ish area w/ no other Chevy competition (since circa '55, too). I haven't heard either way.

He has a Camaro for some weeks, but the dealer right up the road from me (Ford/Linc/Merc, B-P-GMC, Chevy/Cadillac) still doesn't have one.

Nearest Chryco dealer to me is going down...but the dealer I wanted to see live (Whiteside) lived.

Chris

My family old Caddy-Old-GMC dealer which swapped in pontiac for Olds when Olds went under was a giant dealer, 150 cars on the main lot minimum went out of business. It could have gone under qnytime in the last 6 months though. I just noticed it when I passed by for the first time in a while this past weekend.

My local Chevy Dealer, Loren Berg, is rated #1 in the Oregon so they are here to stay. The GM rep told them they are the model Chevy Dealer.

The next nearest Chevy Dealer towards Portland is being closed down, Russ Chevrolet (poor service, crappy building, bad location). The one in our county seat, Jim Doran Chevrolet, got a warning letter. Rumor has it that the Buick/GMC/Cadillac dealer in the same town was approached by GM to take over the Chevy Dealer.

Nope mine lived and all but maybe one around me. My Jeep/Chrysler dealer who sells TC's and lots of GC's is going under tho... They still have Kia and Ford dealer, but this is a dealer you love 'em or hate 'em. If I buy a Ford someday it WON'T be from him.

Edited by gm4life

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room