Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Some Nice 2007 Yukon Pics

z28luvr01

• 4 weeks later...
<_< New Yukon looks like a softened current Escalade. Course the new Escalade is boring and not catchy at all, plus what is up with all the damn Chrome. Geeze, I hope I can order one with no chrome. I love the current Escalade with a mono color look. :( Over all while quality is sure to be there and better interiors, over all there is very little passion in these SUV's. :( Only the Tahoe really has a proper look. Hopefully the suburban version will be identical but available with a diesel finally. I have held off going to Ford as I like my GM better, but with no Diesel, this really kills us for those of us that tow. :(

One can only hope. I have yet to see the beast in person, but from pictures the Yukon is very goofy and feminine looking. Travesty to have changed the old Denali so much, when it was a very good looking truck. This piece is modern and classy, but weak and indistinct.

One can only hope. I have yet to see the beast in person, but from pictures the Yukon is very goofy and feminine looking. Travesty to have changed the old Denali so much, when it was a very good looking truck. This piece is modern and classy, but weak and indistinct.

[post="66193"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Avoiding the argument on whether GMC should or shouldn't be around.......

Why would anyone choose the Yukon over a Tahoe LTZ or Z71 or an Escalade? (I happen to think the Yukon is the least-attractive, by far, of the trio....)

I don't see the point of the Yukon.....other than to give someone a choice that just HAS to have a "GMC" badge....

From what I've seen, it's certainly not as luxurious or feature-laden as the Escalade....and also, doesn't seem to have anything to offer over a loaded LTZ or Z71 Tahoe.....

Avoiding the argument on whether GMC should or shouldn't be around.......

Why would anyone choose the Yukon over a Tahoe LTZ or Z71 or an Escalade?  (I happen to think the Yukon is the least-attractive, by far, of the trio....)

I don't see the point of the Yukon.....other than to give someone a choice that just HAS to have a "GMC" badge....

From what I've seen, it's certainly not as luxurious or feature-laden as the Escalade....and also, doesn't seem to have anything to offer over a loaded LTZ or Z71 Tahoe.....

[post="66520"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Yukon would feel less redundant if it was actually more attractive than the Tahoe. Since this isn't the case, you nor I see a purpose for it. It should see some sales improvements the first year and should maintain momentum since it's such an improvement and hopefully GMC can get those styling improvements ah-ha just mentioned within two years, cause this is certainly the ugly duckling of an otherwise good looking lineup.

From the official shots (just wait one more day) it is similar to the Escalade right down to the lights. it's just the rounded edges take away from the distinct look of the slade and leave something more generic. Every time I hit a GM event and you think about killing GMC they show you the crazy sales numbers. They sell a lot of them. Hence the third member of the family. Edited by mphmag

GMC is surely a staple in the GM line-up. The sales figures speak for themselves. It's too bad that over the course of the next 10 years one brand will be faded out whether it be Pontiac, Buick or GMC now that they are all being lumped in with one another.

GMC is surely a staple in the GM line-up. The sales figures speak for themselves. It's too bad that over the course of the next 10 years one brand will be faded out whether it be Pontiac, Buick or GMC now that they are all being lumped in with one another.

[post="67320"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's interesting speculation -- and I do hope it's speculation; but you've got a point: by combining P-B-G into one dealer network, you couldn't make it any easier for GM to fade a brand out..

• 4 weeks later...

I saw an '07 Yukon for the first time yesterday...looks pretty good, but I prefer the Tahoe nose...(I just don't care for vertical headlight arrangements).

[post="85514"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, and it still has sort of a fat or melted blob look to it, that should never be true of a GMC. Still think it looks a lot like a Buick from the front (not that it should be that way either).

Still looks very nice in person, but something is "odd" from a dead-on frontal view.

I don't like the look of the 07 Yukon....kind of looks like the old 1999-2000 Escalade. The Tahoe is much better looking although I much prefer the outgoing models of the Yukon & Tahoe especially the Denali. I would be willing to bet the Yukon gets a major exterior change within 2-3 years.... ^_^

I don't like the look of the 07 Yukon....kind of looks like the old 1999-2000 Escalade.

[post="85547"][/post]

I knew I saw this design somewhere else, I just couldn't figure it out. GM went back and based the frontend on the '98-'00 GMC Yukon Denali (basically which the Escalade was a badge job of). You definitely need to see it in person to appreciate it, but I do think the Tahoe/Suburban frontend design is crisper.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...