Craigslist finds locally that I am considering

Option # 1: 1986 Chevrolet Caprice Brougham...2 door. 86k miles. $1550. 1 owner, no rust, never driven in winter. 5.0 auto loaded for an '86. This is a VERY clean car. The guy went so far as to tell me about the two defects on this car: the chrome trim inside the steering wheel is checked...and there is a small scuff on the fender that has rust bubbles starting on. Also it may need exhaust soon (still original!). Selling to get $$$ to rebuild the motor in thier one owner 1970 chevrolet heavy half.

Option # 2: 1991 Camaro RS T-top car, 100k miles. Minor rust spots here and there, comes with a slew of extra parts : wheels, nose, t-tops. Runs and drives well. Selling because they do not need it. It is just an extra car for them. $1500-1800 cash for all. 5.0 auto

Option # 3: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan. Miles: Unknown. Problems: Was an attempted theft. has an LT1 and posi. Runs and drives. Minor damage on drivers door (lock) and the steering column is broken around the key (VATS did it's job) - here is the kicker: $600 or BEST OFFER! The driveline on this car is PERFECT for a later rod build I am planning, and I can repair the minor stuff now and just drive it til it dies, the use the parts for a rod later.

I am basically looking for a beater to keep the miles off of my Escalade. Which of these three would YOU guys and gals pick?

OOOOOH! I like your thinking!

I agree wtih you, I like his thinking also, get both option 1 & 3 and put the LT1 into option 1. :P

3n53m73p4ZZZZZZZZZ95q05f61ee6444e14ef.jp Here is the Caprice.

The Camaro had some shots, but nowhere near as clean as this car is. No shots of the Toadsmasher, yet. That LT1 is just begging me to put it in a better car...something lighter and older...say a 49 Buick Sedanette?

Do it.

A drivable classic but as with any older used car be prepared to hunt down some obscure parts for her.

Very nice.

Actually a timeless design in my opinion.

My Aunt had a '77 Caprice (?) Thinking back real hard. The first year of the really downsized Caprice. Had the aquarium-styled, wrap-around rear window.

Good luck.

During my weekly online car browsing, I came across this 1984 Pontiac Parisienne sedan for sale locally:

3135_9376_08.jpg

I thought something was funny about this car, since it looks more like a Caprice than the other Parisienne's I've seen. A quick online search for info turned up that in '83 & '84 the Parisienne shared the body of the Caprice, and in '85-'86 it shared the '77-'81 Bonneville sedan body. I may go take a look at it on Sunday, just out of curiousity.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

3n53m73p4ZZZZZZZZZ95q05f61ee6444e14ef.jp Here is the Caprice.

The Camaro had some shots, but nowhere near as clean as this car is. No shots of the Toadsmasher, yet. That LT1 is just begging me to put it in a better car...something lighter and older...say a 49 Buick Sedanette?

Pull the trigger and buy that car.

Seriously.

Chris

My Aunt had a '77 Caprice (?) Thinking back real hard. The first year of the really downsized Caprice. Had the aquarium-styled, wrap-around rear window.

When I read your post it reminded me of a girl I used to work with back in 1995 that got her aunt's '77 Caprice Coupe, just like your aunts. Her's was two-toned red & white and had tha big backlight window. This poor girl, 18 or 19 years ld at the time, hated the car and was embarrassed driving it (a lot of the part-timers, like myself, were in college and had decent, newer used cars). She'd wait until every one else left and then she'd go out to her car :lol: