Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balthazar

BAY #3

18 posts in this topic

Been ignoring my shop & the projects in it for FAR FAR FAR too long, busy with work (and making a few excuses along the way).

But it's a wonder what cleaning up something to the point of making it more inviting to be in, can do.

I have a tentative 'rental' looking to move into Bay 3, tho today I got a call: the guy found a garage closer to his home. If it doesn't get arranged by next weekend, my buddy -the current 'landlord'- told the owner it's coming here at least for June.

If not, I very well may open it for rent (domestics older than 1975 only !! :wink: )

05-30-09 ::

BAY3__05-30-09.jpg

All sorts of flotsam to see: 2 pedestal fans, my 2-ton engine hoist, 2 disassembled DeSoto Hemis, the hood to the B-59, buckets of hand tools &... stuff, and hiding way back; spare '38-47 Ford COE fenders. See the B-59 peeking on the extreme left ?

06-07-09 ::

BAY3__06-07-09.jpg

Nice and spacious now. Hood's still there, and that's my deburred Buick 455 block off to the right.

Hopefully, a 30K-original mile GM milestone car will be sitting in here, with keys & exercise instructions, by next weekend. If so, I'll be adding another pic to this thread. If not, it's available.

What's hiding under the car cover?

1964 Pontiac Grand Prix, loaded up, 56K, unrestored.

Nice improvement. Our garage scares me. There's probably enough parts in there to build a car from scratch.

Looks good, balthy. I need to clean and organize my garage, too.

I need some barn time - badly.

Don't we all.

Chris

What's that intake that's leaning up againt the gray bucket off of? Also, is that a sandblasting cabinet I see in the background?

Intake is a coveted 4bbl (w/ a WCFB) for the DeSoto Hemi. Relatively rare, worth about $450-500.

I've been trying to sell this crap for a few months as 'whole motors', but looks like I'll end up parting them out. That only means I'll be left with 75% of it, and my appreciation for the vintage won't allow me to scrap anything that's left over...

Yes, that's a sandblasting cabinet, right next to a 12-ton press. Blasted a hundred B-59 pieces w/ sand, but there's 3 bags of glass bead under the press- waiting for a change-over. A buddy built the cabinet, it's vented with a Corvair blower motor. My shop is pretty decently equipped for the hobbyist: Lincoln welder, parts washer, 1940 Index milling machine, band saw. Just needs a human in there being productive.

Mmmm...barn. I'd love to have a barn. At least one that's closer than 2000 miles away.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

If not, I very well may open it for rent (domestics older than 1975 only !! :wink: )

So your saying someone couldn't store a 76 Oldsmobile Toronado?

Well, they could, just not in my shop.

Hmmm, perhaps I should've gone with my first impulse: 1970 or older.

Why CM- got a '76 that needs shelter on the Right Coast ??

I want a barn....

Hell, I want a classic...a 64 GP sounds good to me.

I'm really leaning toward 60s and 70s GM iron....

Why CM- got a '76 that needs shelter on the Right Coast ??

Lets say im toro shopping kind of..

I want a barn....

Hell, I want a classic...a 64 GP sounds good to me.

I'm really leaning toward 60s and 70s GM iron....

You should. I saw the coolest 61 Bel Air Fourdoor that had been made into a lowrider, old style, with wide whites and spinner hubcaps, no hydraulics or anything like that.

Old GM iron never seem to go out of style.

Chris

1964 Pontiac Grand Prix, loaded up, 56K, unrestored.

I saw it back in 2005, it was sleeping peacefully.

Don't ever get rid of that G.P. :)

>>"Don't ever get rid of that G.P."<<

My brother said as much to me tonite via e-mail, but I can roll tomm for 9K in a local-show-worthy example.

Bro suggests dropping the 'it's my baby so it must be perfect and that'll cost $25K' and just get it rolling.

I can't count up how many who remember this car from years gone by who've told me they'd buy it if it went up on the block.

Who knows- it's on the back burner...

>>"Don't ever get rid of that G.P."<<

My brother said as much to me tonite via e-mail, but I can roll tomm for 9K in a local-show-worthy example.

Bro suggests dropping the 'it's my baby so it must be perfect and that'll cost $25K' and just get it rolling.

I can't count up how many who remember this car from years gone by who've told me they'd buy it if it went up on the block.

Who knows- it's on the back burner...

There's one on ebay right now...

But the 8-lugs are not included?!!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0