Stars, Stripes and Spots

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

66stang - >>"Back in the day, when cars actually looked like something other than an Acura crapbox, women actually liked cars and what they looked like. I have not only a wife, but three daughters as well. For me, having a car that is "wife friendly" and "daughter friendly" shares my love of cars with them."<<

Perfectly legitimate and admirable... I was just stating 'my' opinion. Wish I could get my wife interested in the B-59...

Certain era & intent cars wear certain colors better than others (and I think one could collect a strong consensus on that). Whereas a --say-- '68 Firebird might look great in --say-- an Orbit Orange... a '68 Bonneville... not so much.

Later 'Endura' GTOs wear the lighter, brigther colors fine, IMO, but the chrome-bumpered cars I prefer in non-pastel-ly colors. In general, I don't care for yellows or oranges on 97% of cars.

Jest my take... ;)

As for me myself I think GM cars do look realy good in dark colors.

As far as Chrome bumper GTO's and dark colors, I think having neighbors that had a maroon 66 Tripower GTO convertible probably ruined me for life.

Without that car, I would possibly be watching baseball and be worried about the Yankee's or something. As it is....

And I'm glad to get some Bonneville love here. The later 60's Bonnevilles are kind of overlooked by a lot of people.

Chris

And I think your right on the "Endura Cars." I seem to remember a Mayfair Miaze 68 GTO around here that looked good.

Back to car spotting, 65 Impala. Forgot to tell you guys about that one.

Chris

And I think your right on the "Endura Cars." I seem to remember a Mayfair Miaze 68 GTO around here that looked good.

Chris

You mean like this one:

DSCN0938.jpg

Spotted it at a local car show this past weekend. Pretty nice car, I think the first I've seen in this color (on a '68 - '69 A-body).

Spotted it at a local car show this past weekend. Pretty nice car, I think the first I've seen in this color (on a '68 - '69 A-body).

I remember seeing a '68 GTO 'El Camino' (homemade or dealer one off) in Muscle Car Review magazine about 20 years ago in that color.

Out and about at lunch, saw 3 MY '10 models----not one, but two '10 Priuses, both white, in the same parking lot..one parked, one driving through. Back at the office, spotted a yellow '10 Camaro SS w/ a temporary tag. Cool.

Oh,and today two cool GM vehicles.

#1, irony of ironies, was a 66-67 Nova headed westbound on I-70 on a trailer behind a nice Z 71 Chevy. Red, americans, looked very clean.

#2, also irony of ironies... a yellow Solstice GXP. I still like yellow cars, Dammit, even if no one else does.

Chris

OMG, she came out and told you that? It was supposed to be our secret.:)

Kind of hoping you'd fathered a few of my kids actually. I could use help paying for them!

Chris

Today at work, I parked between an orange Honda Fit with a huge 35 MPG! decal in the rear window and a bright green Hyundai Accent. Was fun to park the nearly 5000lb 25 yr old panzer beast between them. It gets 15 mpg, maybe.

Rob

Found out that the bumperless black '63 'Vette I saw a week or so ago belongs to a former classmate. It's actually a one-off custom body on an '84 chassis.

Also saw an early '90s Regal sedan with the upper front fascia punched out and two round headlights sticking out of it, with three redneck gentlemen inside.

GMTG -- that's YOU !!!!!

Only if I don't get there first. NICE truck.

chris

Well, the Auto Shopper website doesn't show the price, but another site I first saw the truck at had a price slightly at or above $10k. That's just way too out there for me now. I'll be lucky to hold onto the small amount of cash I had hidden away during this time of unemployment (first paycheck won't come to the 2nd week of September after I return to work on Sept 1). The truck isn't that far away from me (30-45 mins), so I will definitely try to get out there to see it in person soon.

Speaking of Mustangs, saw two of the new blue ones (the bright grabber blue) today.

Also-

2 C6-Z06

Solstice, Black.

69-72 Grand Prix, also black.

Solstice GXP, yellow

69 Camaro Convertible, SS but not RS, black, black interior, black top, polished American Racing Wheels

I also saw a Fit broken down on the side of the road, but it was yesterday and the prev. model Fit.

Strange...I saw a Prius w/ it's flashers on the side of the freeway this morning, far left breakdown lane by the HOV lane. A Toyota? breakdown? That's unpossible!!

Rob

Driving to work this AM-- a 20-something blonde driving a clean green and white '69-70 longbed Chevy pickup... Cool.. a very clean red w/ black top '67 Mustang coupe. Another '10 Camaro, this time a bright red SS. This makes 6 different '10 Camaros I've seen in the last week....

Rob

But is it as cool as the Carryall we all (Roger included) saw at the GM Nats? hmmmmmm?:)

Nope.

While that Suburban was really nice, especially for a survivor, I'd go with a GMC pickup over anything else every time.

And for those of you not knowing what ocnblu & Camino are talking about, here's the GMC Suburban at the All-GM Nationals in Carlisle:

DSCN0583.jpg

Let me Clarify, I know a 67 isn't "like that" completely.

But I did see a two/three door 67 today. Didn't see it for long, but it did have a 67 se and it wasn't a 4 door 'burban.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post!

Chris

Stone White Challenger R/T at Muddy Run Park, sitting in wait under a tree for his owner to return. Two-tone green 1958 Impala 2 dr ht in pristine shape, gliding as if on air (not sure if it was an air suspension car for real, as I understand a lot of those were converted to steel springs due to the frequency of air spring failure).

On the way out to the drive-in we went through some pretty dumpy towns, all of which seemed to have its fair share of 50's GM iron. A bunch of Chevies and a yellow Cadillac that, if restored, would be a pretty cool addition to my fleet.