More Bad Camaro Press

That's probably the article about the Washington Post writer, a BMW 3-series owner I believe, who emailed several of his local Chevy dealers, inquiring about test driving a Camaro. None of the dealers emailed him back. With a product this hot, doesn't anyone think there will be an enormous number of tire kickers? Whatever happened to actually getting off your lazy butt and DRIVING TO THE DEALERSHIP to look at the car? This is more baloney, posted by someone with a Ford-themed nick. :scratchchin:

Sure he could go down there, but why waste gas going to 4 different dealerships and seeing what they've got? If you're interested in giving a dealer your business, and give them a call, t hey should damn well return it. It's not like they're too busy with traffic to get to your call.

If a dealer didn't bother to return my call, that says a lot about how much they would value you as a customer, and I would never buy from them, let alone have my car serviced in the future by them.

Most of our local GM dealers are pretty much crap.

That being said, I think the Camaro will speak for itself. This is one of the best cars that GM ahs built in 40 years. If people don't like it, screw them.

Chris

That's probably the article about the Washington Post writer, a BMW 3-series owner I believe, who emailed several of his local Chevy dealers, inquiring about test driving a Camaro. None of the dealers emailed him back. With a product this hot, doesn't anyone think there will be an enormous number of tire kickers? Whatever happened to actually getting off your lazy butt and DRIVING TO THE DEALERSHIP to look at the car? This is more baloney, posted by someone with a Ford-themed nick. :scratchchin:

No Baloney, Every car company uses the internet for their car sales. Go to any player and " Build and Price " your car. This is not 1959 ( maybe for you ) where evrybody drives to a dealer. Coming off the heels of bankrupcty and a Bailout the " New GM " is acting like the old one. They need to be different and try and go the extra mile right now. They did not.

Sure he could go down there, but why waste gas going to 4 different dealerships and seeing what they've got? If you're interested in giving a dealer your business, and give them a call, t hey should damn well return it. It's not like they're too busy with traffic to get to your call.

If a dealer didn't bother to return my call, that says a lot about how much they would value you as a customer, and I would never buy from them, let alone have my car serviced in the future by them.

I agree 100%, how can a business that wants to sell product be too busy for the customer? GM should take action with these dealers.

Lets face it, most people look at these dealers with the impression: If not for my tax money, you wouldn't have a Camaro to sell. Maybe these dealers need a wake up call, they are selling GM products as in the same GM that has seen market share drop for 30 years....you would think they might try a little harder to get someone to trade in a competitor's car on one of their hot new products. If the dealer isn't going to pull out all the stops to help turn GM around then GM should show them the door.

No Baloney, Every car company uses the internet for their car sales. Go to any player and " Build and Price " your car. This is not 1959 ( maybe for you ) where evrybody drives to a dealer. Coming off the heels of bankrupcty and a Bailout the " New GM " is acting like the old one. They need to be different and try and go the extra mile right now. They did not.

Well it's hard to blame GM for this one. It's the salesman's fault for blowing off the customer. Sad to say that most of them don't care if they work for GM, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, or Tata, as long as they can bring home the bacon, and unfortunately customers associate that piss poor attitude with the company that makes the cars. The typical customer doesn't buy the car, they buy the experience: the sale process and the service bay are as important as the car itself. If both cause little anguish for the customer, he'll feel like he got a great car (even if it's a POS) and both the dealer and the manufacturer will likely see him again. If not, he'll go elsewhere. GM does need to ride herd on dealers that are not customer oriented. Arrogant salesman and incompetent mechanics need to be weeded out. In reality they will turn off a customer as much as, if not more than, an ugly design, uneven panel gaps, or hard plastics.

It is not GM's but fricking dealerships' fault. Toyota and Honda dealerships are just as bad when they have hot (ho-hum appliances) in their hands.

I hope the dealers who behave like this get some stick at the "new" GM.

Bad experience happened to me today (roadside assistance related): spent some 5 to 6 hours on the phone w/ my insurance company to get a rental while the Mini is in the shop for a new clutch pump and shock absorbers. Apparently the rental was was not available 'because it's summer'...

Sad fact is that coming across a f@#king idiot at retail / customer service can ruin the whole thing despite OEMs, brand managers, and so on, making serious efforts to deliver the goods.

Agreed. Plus, with many people kicking tires on the internet and narrowing choices based on websites and online 'show-rooms', communicating with customers is more important than ever, be it a quick reply to an email, or a call-back.