Satty

Lessons in punctuation

59 posts in this topic

I've noticed recently a rash of posters sixty8 who fail to properly punctuate, or use any punctuation at all. It makes your posts verry difficult to read which increases the liklihood your posts will be skipped over. First things first, the first letter of the first word of a sentence is capitalized, that means it is bigger, i.e. Y as compared to y. At the end of a sentence, place a period or a question mark (looks like this--> ?) if your sentence is a question. Its basic grammar, not too hard most people who aren't from Alabama have been doing it since 2nd grade. Now please, it isn't too hard, so do it.

wHat i Don"T kno wut Ur talk-ing abot!!! ^^Prime example of some of you.

hehe i do that sometimes

[post="4216"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sometimes, all the time, same difference.

meh, figure it out i dont cater to beings of lower intelligence, i am crantor god of the drzudsads, bow before my superior intelligence yeah kinda in a rush when i do post most of the time and my laptop is slow so if i dont do all that i can go a little faster and not struggle to slow down

You're off by a year. WTF, mute. You're in a rush when you post but I haven't notice you leave the site all night. What's the rush, dude?

um i type at 16o wpm, the laptop cant keep up with that, i have to slow down or it will crash, and im not just on this site nos, i do other things and right now they include talking online, other sites, research for cars, tv, i multi task, i just go back and forth between windows i dont post nonstop, is i did id be much farther than you who earlier today had less posts than me oh and im 11 and 3/4 almost eight, (holding up two full hands) Edited by mute

Only a true postwhore counts/watches the posts. Welcome to the club.

oh and im 11 and 3/4 almost eight, (holding up two full hands)

[post="4258"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

WTF.

Oh my... Classic thread. I was lmao before I even clicked on it. :lol: But yes, BlkHhr104's post are about as easy to read as a different langauge. Sorry, but I've seen posts by 10 year olds that are easier to read. I mean, is it really that hard? Come on... Same with Mute, but to a much lesser degree. And remember guys... You can EDIT your posts... Yeah... really. Isn't that a surprise... :rolleyes:

yeahsoiwasgoingtogotobedbutnowiwanttoseewherethisthreadgoes

[post="4275"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I want to see BV's damn reply to my Fiero chop.

Then I have to start some summer homework that's due Tuesday. Yep, read and write reports on two novels. Amazing.

not so much a post whore, i just pay attention to everything, and when i glance at who posted, i see that everytime, dont look for it it doesnt catch my eyes, i just see everything over there as far as the 11 and 3/4 it was a reference of your condescending comment referrring to my age, children tend to give quarters of years as well as the age they are approaching, i am 16 i need not apologize for my age if your comment was misunderstood i apologize, but it seemed that way to me, im tired and yeah i realize that im hard to understand, i try to make sure that i edit out spelling and grammer kind of, but i do not worry about capitalization this post tool about 70 sec to write thats it with edits referrences and evrything

and yeah i realize that im hard to understand, i try to make sure that i edit out spelling and grammer kind of, but i do not worry about capitalization

That goes without saying.

How long have you been a member of C&G?

oh who cares about grammar and punctuation? I am sure if I bothered with it, I would probably have better grammar and punctuation than all of you...but I don't care...anyone with half a brain can read even the most jumbled crap and still understand it for the most part...stop whining about things that really aren't important... (and don't tell me grammar and punctuation is important...I know it is...and it's fine if you are writing an essay or a resume or something of that type...but we're on an automotive forum...and to quote John Stossel... "Give me a break...")

hay doods im a typical guy that doesnt like to do shit like punctuate and im real lazy when i get to college im gonna be even lazyeer and my professor is gonna hate it cuz i dont know how to punctuate

oh who cares about grammar and punctuation? I am sure if I bothered with it, I would probably have better grammar and punctuation than all of you...but I don't care...anyone with half a brain can read even the most jumbled crap and still understand it for the most part...stop whining about things that really aren't important... (and don't tell me grammar and punctuation is important...I know it is...and it's fine if you are writing an essay or a resume or something of that type...but we're on an automotive forum...and to quote John Stossel... "Give me a break...")

[post="4308"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Its still rather annoying, don't you think?

meh...It really doesn't bug me...I mean sure...writing like a moron capitalizing every other letter and substituting numbers for letters and adding X's or Z's or whatever can get annoying...but other than that, you can type word after word with no punctuation and it wouldn't bug me...

That goes without saying.

How long have you been a member of C&G?

[post="4287"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ive been a member of the site registered for about a year now, hung around silently before that for another year, too lazy to register

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead