"Chapter 5"

PARANOiA

I have been doing video editing for the last few years and a lot of the videos that I have done have to do with cars. My first video I ever did was a "Camaro Returns"-esque sort of thing which was originally posted on this site (I still get emails about it) and with the recent surge of attention that the new Camaro was getting, I have wanted to do another Camaro tribute video in a way that it would be like something you would see being played moments before the actual debut of the vehicle. I have been reading through the lists of song suggestions on camaroz28.com's "Intro Music" thread and I have a few ideas for a video using some of the songs listed. Would anyone be interested in a video like this? If so, what would you like to see in it, such us what music to use? Edited by PARANOiA

ok, I think I got an idea on how I want to do this. The video will be split up into 5 "chapters" to signify the 5 generations. Bear in mind that these are all working titles and name suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Chapter 1 (1st generation): Birth Chapter 2: Icon Chapter 3: Identity Chapter 4: Death Chapter 5: Resurrection Not too sure on what music to use, though, thanks to thouse who have left suggestions so far!

Bitchin' Camaro by The Dead Milkman!!!!!

[post="60698"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cool song but the referance to AIDS makes it not so P.R. friendly... Now on the otehr hand Ramone's "Go Lil Camaro Go!" is a greatr one. :)

Soad2k? Is that you?

Yep, thats me. ^_^ SOAD2k8, but close enough

Cool song but the referance to AIDS makes it not so P.R. friendly... Now on the otehr hand Ramone's "Go Lil Camaro Go!" is a greatr one.  :)

Bear in mind that I'm not using the entire song for the 5 songs I will end up using, so that part probably woudn't make it in if I decide to use it. If I used the entire songs, the video would be a half hour long!

OK, as of now, this is what I am thinking for the tracks for each "chapter", although I only know exactly what I want to do with only 3 of them. I'm trying to select songs from the same era of the cars, and these aren't set in stone, either. This entire list could end up changing:

1.) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by ?
2.) not sure yet
3.) Go Lil' Camaro Go! by The Ramones
4.) Floods by Pantera (the instrumental parts)
5.) not sure yet

I also need a slogan to use for the 5th gen Camaro, so I'd like to hear your input on that as well. :) Edited by PARANOiA

you should use life in the fastlane by the eagles

[post="60750"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good one... but somehow it's a little too mellow, uless it was the later part of the song where it really get's ging with funky guitar.

Some slogan ideas: (not not serious ideas just idea genaration for the fun of it)

- 2008 Camaro; just don't call it a pony car!

- 2008 Camaro; more bite than bark

- The all new Camaro, the same old Attitude

- 2008 Chevrolet Camaro; the revolution in full swing

- All new Camaro, all new technology, all new styling, same old agression

- The Camaro is back, even though it was never actaully gone

- The new Camaro, technology from 2008, mean streak circa 1967

- 2008: The year of the Camaro

- 4, 3, 2, 1 ... Camaro to Mustang: Ready or not, here I come!

- 2008 Camaro: Pilot's License suggested but not required

How about Whereever I May Roam by Metallica? I could soooo see that. I could picture it in my head so well right now, it almost makes me want to do a video with it. But yea, a great song and I think it would work real well, even with just the beginning instrumentals. Or maybe Fuel by Metallica? :P Edit: ok, I have been thinking about it more...It would be such an awesome commercial...you start out playing WIMR while the camera is panning across this desolate desert scene. It is wickidly hot out, extremely hot like the ground is on fire, like liquid fire. It is very bright out. Suddenly you see a speck of something appear in the distance. All one can see is the glare appearing from the object. As it gets closer you can barely make out this black object as it nears closer. The heat waves greatly distort the image to the point that the picture you're looking at almost looks liquified. The object is getting very much closer and much bigger very fast. About 27 seconds into the intro of the song is when the drums start pounding. Right when this happens the camera changes angle and does a pretty quick pass from a side view of far away viewing the object and it's dust trail, quickly panning very fast at some crazy angle close up to and above the object and then falling back. Then once the guitar madness starts in immediately the camer view switches to a very close up shot of the passenger side headlight/hoos/grill area and the camera slowly zooms out so you can view more of what can now obviously be seen as a car. This can be followe dup by some crazy camera andlges and changes and movements made with the beat of the song and whatever...I dunno...I may not have gotten my thoughts out straight really, but I can see it in my head and it looks awesome. Edited by Nick

How about Whereever I May Roam by Metallica? I could soooo see that. I could picture it in my head so well right now, it almost makes me want to do a video with it. But yea, a great song and I think it would work real well, even with just the beginning instrumentals.

[post="60981"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good idea..

Hm. Slogan? I like Sixty8's "All new Camaro. Same old attitude."

Yep, thats me.  ^_^ SOAD2k8, but close enough
Bear in mind that I'm not using the entire song for the 5 songs I will end up using, so that part probably woudn't make it in if I decide to use it. If I used the entire songs, the video would be a half hour long!

OK, as of now, this is what I am thinking for the tracks for each "chapter", although I only know exactly what I want to do with only 3 of them. I'm trying to select songs from the same era of the cars, and these aren't set in stone, either. This entire list could end up changing:

1.) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by ?
2.) not sure yet
3.) Go Lil' Camaro Go! by The Ramones
4.) Floods by Pantera (the instrumental parts)
5.) not sure yet

I also need a slogan to use for the 5th gen Camaro, so I'd like to hear your input on that as well. :)

[post="60739"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Head like a hole, NIN. Show the new Camaro right when the refrain hits:
Bow Down Before The One You Serve!

Use 'I Will Be Heard' by Hatebreed.

The lyrics are so fitting.

[post="60743"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That might be a bit too aggressive for this video, although it is a sweet song! :metal:

How about Whereever I May Roam by Metallica? I could soooo see that. I could picture it in my head so well right now, it almost makes me want to do a video with it. But yea, a great song and I think it would work real well, even with just the beginning instrumentals.

Or maybe Fuel by Metallica?  :P

Edit: ok, I have been thinking about it more...It would be such an awesome commercial...you start out playing WIMR while the camera is panning across this desolate desert scene. It is wickidly hot out, extremely hot like the ground is on fire, like liquid fire. It is very bright out. Suddenly you see a speck of something appear in the distance. All one can see is the glare appearing from the object. As it gets closer you can barely make out this black object as it nears closer. The heat waves greatly distort the image to the point that the picture you're looking at almost looks liquified. The object is getting very much closer and much bigger very fast. About 27 seconds into the intro of the song is when the drums start pounding. Right when this happens the camera changes angle and does a pretty quick pass from a side view of far away viewing the object and it's dust trail, quickly panning very fast at some crazy angle close up to and above the object and then falling back. Then once the guitar madness starts in immediately the camer view switches to a very close up shot of the passenger side headlight/hoos/grill area and the camera slowly zooms out so you can view more of what can now obviously be seen as a car. This can be followe dup by some crazy camera andlges and changes and movements made with the beat of the song and whatever...I dunno...I may not have gotten my thoughts out straight really, but I can see it in my head and it looks awesome.

[post="60981"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Pretty sweet idea using WIMR, and could go well with the 4th "chapter". Also, pretty sweet commercial idea.

Head like a hole, NIN.  Show the new Camaro right when the refrain hits:
Bow Down Before The One You Serve!

[post="61019"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:metal: :metal: I like that idea, I'll play around with it.

I also like the idea of Life in the Fastlane by The Eagles for chatper 2. The instrumental parts of course. And I REALLY like that idea for the the solgan that sixty8 came up with: "All New Camaro, Same Old Attitude"

EDIT: Is it okay if the video has shots of parts of the leaked pics (i.e. a headlight or emblem shot)? Edited by PARANOiA

Use 'I Will Be Heard' by Hatebreed.

The lyrics are so fitting.

[post="60743"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Im down with that , how about an old Cro Mags song, maybe Hard Times, that would be the day

NYHC Edited by Munson05

For the part where the Camaro returns, I could see a dark room full of people all saying bad things about the Camaro with ominous music in the back round. Then when it all comes to a head we hear a "Shhh!" and sound of rumbly exaust. Then we see a frightened person say "It's back . . ." Might be dificult to pull off but it would look awesome.

"The 2008 Camaro. Its Baaaaaaaaack!"

"The 2008 Camaro. Reducing the Mustang to somewhere between a minature horse and a toy pony."

"The 2008 Camaro. About damn time."

[post="61130"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That seem like a pretty cool commercial idea to me, but it's not really what I'm doing here. It's more or less a teaser for the new Camaro using a lot of flashbacks and history, and at the end ("chapter 5"), that's where the new vehicle comes into play, and in a big way.

"The 2008 Camaro. About damn time." seriously

I think a great commercial would be showing each of the gens one by one, but going through each one rather quickly. Then it dims as if the commercial is over. A second later you hear (while still a black screen) *ding. Click. Start. Revving. Idles with a rumble for a moment.* Then tires smoking and the screen just sees two cloudy red dots (brake lights) and a hell of a lot of smoke. Then Chevy appears across the screen. And, instead of a bowtie, show the Camaro symbol. That or this... Show a Monte Carlo and Impala SS "pulling" side by side on the highway. Then, the Cobalt SS/S flies off the ramp, cutting them both off, but the MC/Impala split for the Cobalt to fit between the two. Soon the Z06 blasts forward and you hear a rumble coming from behind them, and suddenly you see the three all move to the side and slow down as the Z06 flies by them. You think this commercial is about a Z06 because now you're just checking it cruise down the highway for a second or two by itself. Suddenly, the Camaro SS breaks from the ramp (like the Cobalt.. ie the "older brother" essence is caught) and stays steady with the Z06. *Chevy. An American Revolution.*

I think a great commercial would be showing each of the gens one by one, but going through each one rather quickly. Then it dims as if the commercial is over. A second later you hear (while still a black screen) *ding. Click. Start. Revving. Idles with a rumble for a moment.* Then tires smoking and the screen just sees two cloudy red dots (brake lights) and a hell of a lot of smoke. Then Chevy appears across the screen. And, instead of a bowtie, show the Camaro symbol.

That or this...

Show a Monte Carlo and Impala SS "pulling" side by side on the highway. Then, the Cobalt SS/S flies off the ramp, cutting them both off, but the MC/Impala split for the Cobalt to fit between the two. Soon the Z06 blasts forward and you hear a rumble coming from behind them, and suddenly you see the three all move to the side and slow down as the Z06 flies by them. You think this commercial is about a Z06 because now you're just checking it cruise down the highway for a second or two by itself. Suddenly, the Camaro SS breaks from the ramp (like the Cobalt.. ie the "older brother" essence is caught) and stays steady with the Z06. *Chevy. An American Revolution.*

[post="62188"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nice ideas. I like the second one that continues with the essence of the "Car Carrier" ad, with showing off all the new vehicles at once. Heres a slogan for that "The Revolution Continues... Chevrolet: An American Revolution"

Anyhows, does anyone know where I can obtain old camaro TV ads? They will help a LOT in the video.

Hmm for chapter 5 you should use like....Live Wire by Motley Crue. Oh and I have another idea for the 5th gen. You could use Corey Hart "Sunglasses at Night". Then at the start of the song if they do in fact make a RS with hide-away lights have them close so its like sun glasses.....you get what im saying?

I will message you back, bud. I've just been a little busy dealing with some other things site related like why our bandwaith is so high and keeping it from being shut down until the 1st lol.

I will message you back, bud. I've just been a little busy dealing with some other things site related like why our bandwaith is so high and keeping it from being shut down until the 1st lol.

[post="62218"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not a problem. Keeping the site from being shut down > just about anything else.

I'd pick your songs based on the generation; for example, during the second gen use something from the 70s, third gen the 80s, etc if that is how you are setting up your chapters.

Here's some ideas for each chapter.

Chapter 1 (1st generation): Birth
Black Sabbath - Paranoid -- This is a classic Sabbath song that came out shortly after the Camaro's birth...it fits the time period and mood

Chapter 2: Icon
KISS - Detroit Rock City

Chapter 3: Identity
Great White - Stick it - this song has a killer riff that would be great, but it may be a little too hairbandish if that's not your thing. The lyrics would work pretty well for your video.
Lyrics from that song:
I wanna roll it, and burn it all night
Me and my Chevy, don't stop for no lights
Crankin' the metal, blastin' the plant
They wanna catch me, HA, betcha they can't!

Chapter 4: Death
Metallica - Fade to Black -- I can't think of any more fitting song than one of the greatest metal ballads of all time

Chapter 5: Resurrection
Something modern--I can't be too much help with this one

Ultimately, your video will decide what you use. I've made Flash presentations before for architecture projects and ended up scrapping songs I really wanted to put it because it didn't fit with the video. It's all about complimenting the mood in your video with accompanying sound. I'm not sure if any of these will fit the mood, but they decent suggestions at the very least.

couple ideas. ---- ok more than a couple... -- for a transition to not seeing the 5thgen play some days go by by dirty vegas, yes i know it was used for a mitsu comercia,(right?).... ---i feel loved by depeche mode----guy walks out at night to his garage after hearing welding/ reving/ the music playing....and he starts to open the door and A: show the car ready to go B: it's just a teaser for when the real comercial is made---Camaro, "ponies, I'm home" (yeah it's cheasy...so?! :lol: ) c: something else? ...comes burning rubber out the garage? ---are you in - by incubus---- parked camaro on the street and this is playing as lots of people walk past and finds someone and drives beside the person as he/she walks --reminds of----the dog that wants to go play? hm...maybe something else for the song now that i think about it... ^_^ ---Somewhere Out There by Our Lady Peace for the 5th gen part.... :AH-HA_wink: oooohhh!!! first 10ish seconds of my wave by sound garden...guitar rifts and then he goes "YEAH!" and then you could fade out... "American revolution" anyone like any of these ideas?

I'd pick your songs based on the generation; for example, during the second gen use something from the 70s, third gen the 80s, etc if that is how you are setting up your chapters.

Here's some ideas for each chapter.

Chapter 1 (1st generation): Birth
Black Sabbath - Paranoid -- This is a classic Sabbath song that came out shortly after the Camaro's birth...it fits the time period and mood

Chapter 2: Icon
KISS - Detroit Rock City

Chapter 3: Identity
Great White - Stick it - this song has a killer riff that would be great, but it may be a little too hairbandish if that's not your thing.  The lyrics would work pretty well for your video.
Lyrics from that song:
I wanna roll it, and burn it all night
Me and my Chevy, don't stop for no lights
Crankin' the metal, blastin' the plant
They wanna catch me, HA, betcha they can't!

Chapter 4: Death
Metallica - Fade to Black -- I can't think of any more fitting song than one of the greatest metal ballads of all time

Chapter 5: Resurrection
Something modern--I can't be too much help with this one

Ultimately, your video will decide what you use.  I've made Flash presentations before for architecture projects and ended up scrapping songs I really wanted to put it because it didn't fit with the video.  It's all about complimenting the mood in your video with accompanying sound.  I'm not sure if any of these will fit the mood, but they decent suggestions at the very least.

[post="62632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's kinda what I had in mind, to go with songs from the era. I can't believe that I forgot about Fade to Black! *slaps self* That IS the perfect song for the 4th chapter. Never heard that Great White song, but I will check it out anyways, sounds like it could work.

On a good note I am finding a bunch of clips for each generation. I am looking to have at least an hour of total footage to choose from, and as long as everything goes smoothly, it should be out by January 2nd.

That's kinda what I had in mind, to go with songs from the era. I can't believe that I forgot about Fade to Black! *slaps self* That IS the perfect song for the 4th chapter. Never heard that Great White song, but I will check it out anyways, sounds like it could work.

On a good note I am finding a bunch of clips for each generation. I am looking to have at least an hour of total footage to choose from, and as long as everything goes smoothly, it should be out by January 2nd.

[post="62730"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you end up using Fade to Black, here's kinda the idea I had of how the ending to the fourth chapter could go. Toward the end of the song (about 5:30 into it) when Kirk starts doing his crazy guitar work, you should show a semi-rapid succession of images or video of Camaros from all generations. Show burnouts, powerslides, whatever you have...and then about 6:40 into the song find a clip of a Camaro peeling out (with a camera angle very low to the ground and pointing straight toward the rear end). This would be in slow motion and the video would gradually fade to black as the Camaro pulls further away from the camera...right as the song is fading out completely. I think this could be a very powerful way to end the fourth chapter of the video.

Watch the end of the Johnny Cash video for "Hurt" to see the kind of mood I'm imagining where he inserted rapid random video clips from his past at the climax of the song. The way it's done leaves a very haunting after effect. Maybe not as fast as they did it in the video, but so that it's in sync with the song Fade to Black.

Just an idea. :)