Your most common typos

Mach5GTP

I consider myself a decent typist, prob. about 50wpm or so if I'm just typing on the fly, as opposed to transcribing. Typos creep in, of course, but I find there are a few that I do very frequently, because of a particular series of keys that are close to one another, etc. 1- "teh" for "the"- ooh, that one bugs the crap outta me! Seems tho that it has become a "real" word on the internet; ugh. 2- "form" for "from"- funny thing is, I never do it the other way around 3- "fomr" for "from"- WTF? This one's like a total breakdown of my finger synchronization, yikes 4- "wierd" for "weird"- I can never remember which one is correct 5- "rember" for "remember"- it's that little stutter-step for the double "em" that gets me, almost like my finger-memory thinks I did both but only really did one I know there are more, but I can't recall them at the moment. Discuss. :)

'Teh' for 'the' and 'the' for 'they' or 'then'. I'm guity of typing faster than I think sometimes...I'm fanatical about spelling and grammar, and usually catch myself, but don't always. At one time, I could type 90wpm--less today. I've found that being a proficient typist has come in handy in my profession (software engineer--where so much of my work is typing in complex code in an editor program).

I also do the "teh" thing. I also tend to leave my finger on the shift key too long when I'm capitalizing something, so that "Chevy" ends up as "CHevy". I never knew how bad a typist I was until I started typing outside the Microsoft Word envronment that corrects my typos without me knowing it.

I used to work as a network administrator. It was always embarassing having "insufficient dick space".  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

[post="64000"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol:

Some of the time I leave off the "n't" from wasn't or doesn't. Not sure how I manage to do that...hah and it obviously changes the entire meaning of my sentence when I do it. Edited by CD/BP

Search by keywords: wiht filter by member name: Sixty8panther results: 7 pages!

+1? Usually I don't mistype words. Rather, I type the COMPLETELY wrong word. For example, I'll be saying, "Great car, Josh!" However, I'll notice a model on the TV and I'll be like, "Great ass, Josh!" Then you'll soon see an "edited at" near the bottom of my post.

My most common mistake is "teh" instead of "the". Luckily, most MS products auto-correct this common typo. Back in high school, I used to be around 113-117 wpm with about 5-7 errors. I just took the test at: www.typingtest.com (2 min test, "Strategic Alliances and Competitors" topic) and got an 84 wpm with 0 errors. I must be slipping.. I'm gonna hafta try that again.

figners etc is a common mistake since the g and n are on opposite sides of the keyboard and one hand gets ahead of the other. Tying " " instead of "n" (the space bar is a lot easier to hit when you are not looking), hitting i instead of o (or vice versa-never happens with u), missing the n altogether in and (missing the d is simply getting ahead of written standards) Other common errors- hitting two keys instead of one resulting in -oin instead of -on or -in, and po instead of p (simpoly etc.). Those are the risks of typing as fast as you think. Typing tests will also pick up other erros beside typos and spelling mistakes- such as editing errors (typing what we expect the text to say instead of what it actually says).