List of debuts for NAIAS from Autonews

According to Autonews, these are the vehicles debuting at NAIAS. Previously we had heard the Acadia was debuting as a concept but they claim the Enclave is debuting as a production model.

Production vehicles

2006 Audi S6
2006 BMW Z4 roadster
2008 Buick Enclave
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV, EXT
2007 Chrysler Aspen
2007 Dodge Caliber
2007 Ford Edge
2007 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500
2007 Honda Fit
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
2007 Jaguar XK convertible
2007 Jeep Wrangler
2007 Jeep Compass
2007 Lexus LS 460
2007 Lincoln MKX
2007 Mercedes-Benz GL SUV
2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder
2007 Nissan Sentra
2007 Nissan Versa
2007 Saturn Vue Green Line hybrid
2007 Toyota Camry

Concept vehicles

Acura RDX crossover
ASC Cosmos
ASC TriLite
Chevrolet Camaro coupe
Chevrolet Tahoe hybrid
Dodge Challenger coupe
Ford sporty car
Ford truck, special powertrain
Hyundai HCD-9 Talus 4-door
Kia Soul SUV
Lincoln sedan
Mazda Kabura sports coupe
Mini Traveller wagon
Mitsubishi Concept-CT MIEV
Nissan Urge convertible
Volvo C30 hatchback

I want someone like Ford to introduce a new car and sell it under the name "Sporty Car." Re-name the Mustang "Sporty Car" rename the Fusion "Family Car" rename the 500 "Large Car" rename the Crown Victoria "Geriatric Car" rename the F-series "Large Truck" and so on.

I want someone like Ford to introduce a new car and sell it under the name "Sporty Car."  Re-name the Mustang "Sporty Car" rename the Fusion "Family Car" rename the 500 "Large Car" rename the Crown Victoria "Geriatric Car" rename the F-series "Large Truck" and so on.

[post="66464"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You mean how you can look up parts for the 'Mazda Truck Truck'?

Hmmm....forgot about how the Japanese companies decided that trucks dont need names.  Although "Hardbody" was awesome, I dont know why Nissan named the truck the Frontier.

[post="66476"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is an interesting statement, until one realizes that Ford has never had a name for their pick-ups. Also, Chevrolet trucks did not have names until 1999 Silverado [previously they were C/K pickups, and had trim names]. Dodge didn't call them "Rams", until the 80's.

That is an interesting statement, until one realizes that Ford has never had a name for their pick-ups. Also, Chevrolet trucks did not have names until 1999 Silverado [previously they were C/K pickups, and had trim names]. Dodge didn't call them "Rams", until the 80's.

[post="66568"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmm...Ford has had a named PU for over 20 years..Ranger.... and how about the F-series---Ford trucks have been named F-something for 50+ years (F1, F100, F150, F250, F350, etc)...not to mention the F-series with trim packages like Ranger and Explorer..

Before the Silverado, Chevy had names for trim levels---Apache, Silverado, Cheyenne, Cameo, etc...

Hmm...Ford has had a named PU for over 20 years..Ranger....  and how about the F-series---Ford trucks have been named F-something for 50+ years (F1, F100, F150, F250, F350, etc)...not to mention the F-series with trim packages like Ranger and Explorer..

Exactly... those are names...

Before the Silverado, Chevy had names for trim levels---Apache, Silverado, Cheyenne, Cameo, etc...

Don't forget Scottsdale! :P

I'm curious to see what the Ford Sporty car is.

[post="66505"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's the Reflex. Everyone start singing duran duran. they better play that song at the unveiling or else they're lame. and it is small no shelby for sure. think mini Iosis. I wonder how much the mazda will look like it. if they're similar I'd think theyd be built off same platform.

The Reflex is the....(forgot how the song goes).... Anyway, nice looking front end-I don't like the rear Chrysler Firepower-like window rise-up-one of many things that turned me off from that concept car last year, but the Reflex looks nice-is it Fiesta-based?