So what did you DO on New Year's Eve and

I want to hear better stories than mine.

New Year's Eve -
worked the whole day while others split early. Went on a mission to clean up my whole place and put everything in order for the new year and got a damn good start - paperwork, backing up computer, etc. Went out and chatted with neighbors at around that time.

New Year's Day -
was an idiot... went to Tahoe. Thought I'd have the place to myself... 65,000 people had partied there the night before and were still hanging around. 20 minutes in line at Starbucks, etc. I got over the pass over there without chains. Started raining at about 5 pm and, at 6,000 to 7,000 feet, it was snowing but with negligible accumulation. I followed the swath other cars/trucks had made - fortunately, there wasn't chain control. I'll go up another weekend when it's quieter and there's no iffy weather in the forecast.

New Year's day off (Jan 2)
almost complete with my clean up mission.

Let's hear it.
Edited by trinacriabob

I had to work New Years day and fight with myself to talk myself into going to see & hang with JoCaine at Gino's Surf here in metro-Detroit. At night & went to see JoCaine & partied hard him 'em into the New Year as well as some very cool friends of mine. Shortly after New Years (12:01am) I decided it would be good to put Kid Rocks guitarist on the spot and challenge him to Jager shots. At about 12:15am...I dunno what else! Then, worked New Years day with a hang over. Worked today (the 2nd) also but have the 3rd off.

I was the opposite of sober... spent the night partying wiht friends and palying Simpson's Hit & Run. :P

New Years Eve - rode back on the 7.5 hour trip from Chicago, got home about 9 PM, unpacked for half an hour, then left for Creighton University in Omaha to party with some friends for New Years. Stayed sober enough so I could make the hour drive home at about 2:30 AM because I had my parents' new Explorer since my car is getting fixed. New Years Day - Woke up around noon...was tired the entire day. I didn't really do anything. Jan 2 - Called some firms up to inquire about arranging a visit (figured it was worth a shot even though they were probably all closed for the holiday)...they were all closed for the holiday. Then I walked to the GM dealer to see if my car was sitting inside, and it was, so I should have it back tomorrow. I didn't really do much else today because it rained most of the day and I was without a car, so I ended up watching the movie State of the Union...it wasn't very good, IMO. I just didn't get into it. And now I'm getting ready to go to bed because I have to be to work at 7 AM tomorrow.

new years eve well, I wound up at a house party early on, swigged tequila with a girl who turned out to be a stripper (that was her idea of a shot), did a whole bunch of illegal stuff, wound up in a recording studio (at this house) with a big name in dance music with neither of us particularly able to think or see straight. new years day recovery, attempted to eat sushi with a friend and basically failed. specifically at 12:00, I was working a dj booth doing dj things during the countdown. Edited by chris

My girlfriend came up with a crazy idea to drive 9 hours to Times Square, Let me tell ya it was one crazy party. We left on friday at noon made it in Newark had to stop once. We got in NY at around 2pm on new years eve to walk around and enjoy the city and to take a close up front look at the 2007 Tahoe. . . what a nice SUV with an amazing interior. Times Square was getting busy at around 4pm so we found a spot and stayed there. I heard there was a zero tolerance for booze. . so I mixed a few bottles of coke with some Canadian Club 150 Proof, did that ever make the night go by reallly quick. Overall it was a great time. . . but I dont think I would ever do it again, like everyone says, it's a once in a life time thing.

My girlfriend came up with a crazy idea to drive 9 hours to Times Square,  Let me tell ya it was one crazy party. We left on friday at noon made it in Newark had to stop once.

[post="66851"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's ALL it takes to get to NYC from where you are? Man, I have to remember that the states are much more compact over on that side. Or, is it just the way you drive?

Glad you had fun!

I got drunk. Had a minimum of 8 shots of Jack Daniels, a good 10 ounces of Franzia wine (nasty stuff), and of course some Rossi. Sooooo blown away. Sad thing is? I still kicked ass at Mario Kart: Double Dash against my sober friends. New Year's Day? Indy Auto Show. I officially have a conundrum: B9 Tribeca, or Milan? I love them both, and as much as I hate anything with low ground clearance, that Milan is so sharp in black with the two-tone interior. That said, I love the Tribeca. Gonna test drive both either tomorrow or wednesday :)

That's ALL it takes to get to NYC from where you are? Man, I have to remember that the states are much more compact over on that side. Or, is it just the way you drive?

It could be my driving. . . I think I had about 3 cars in total pass me in the 2000Km trip and not one ticket :unsure: My dads Impala was great on gas so I only stoped once.The trip only involved 2 highways I75 to I80.

i ended up doing everything i said i was going to do in the other thread! new year's day: family dinner at my parents house. (prime rib, my dad's a great chef) we watched a movie afterward, played a board game, ended up at home about 11 pm playing xbox with my daughter. We had the 2nd off in lieu of the 1st (being a sunday). Got up early, went to work out, totally vegged ALL DAY LONG - i think i did one load of laundry, that's it! All in all, my holidays were great - very relaxed, lots of good company, lots of great food, lots of good family and friends, i gave lots of great presents, and lots of social alcohol. life is good.

i ended up doing everything i said i was going to do in the other thread!

new year's day:  family dinner at my parents house.  (prime rib, my dad's a great chef)  we watched a movie afterward, played a board game, ended up at home about 11 pm playing xbox with my daughter.

We had the 2nd off in lieu of the 1st (being a sunday).  Got up early, went to work out, totally vegged ALL DAY LONG - i think i did one load of laundry, that's it!

All in all, my holidays were great - very relaxed, lots of good company, lots of great food, lots of good family and friends, i gave lots of great presents, and lots of social alcohol.  life is good.

[post="67122"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Stace, you need to tell me when you plan to do NAIAS '06 so we can meet up down there. I'll even throw in an extra small C&G shirt too. :CG_all:

NYE: Refilled a prescription for my dog's medicine. Helped my dad tear down an LT1. Got in my car and chased after my other dog that ran away. Finished the install of the GM Brushed Aluminum pedals in the Cobalt. Helped change the oil in my sister's Avalanche (Easiest.Oil.Change.Ever.). Played "Simpsons Hit and Run. Watched "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" NYD: Played Simpsons Hit and Run. Helped my sister move her stuff back into her room after refinishing the floor. Watched "Stealth". 1/2: Got a photo inspection of the Cobalt for my new GEICO policy. Washed/waxed the Cobalt and cleaned the inside. Played Simpsons Hit and Run. Got pissed when it started raining.

I guarantee mine isn't better than yours....

NYE: Hospital after gallbladder removal surgery, Dec 30

NYD: Slept most of the day because too "out of it" from meds and surgery.

NYD2: Up in time to watch Rose Bowl parade ... then slept ... then up for watching a taped movie with parents, sis and bro-in-law. Then, up online.

*shrugs*

A far cry from the driving/traveling I had HOPED to do :(.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"It's coming down to nothing more than apathy" ... The Fray ... 'Over My Head'

Josh: that'd be great!  thanks!  I always look forward to NAIAS.  Great excuse to party....

[post="67468"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cool I have 4 extra small t-shirts here 3 were already used so it's cool that you dont mind one that will get rid of my last one finally.

But Stace, honestly let me know, I have tickets & $h!t so you have to let me know no matter which day it is...I will try to get the day off work but who the frick knows now with the promotion...just give me advanced warning.