Gold Mist Metallic & Mocha Steel Metallic GMC Terrains

I was in the central NJ area today for a car show (last one of the year :mind-blowing: ) and was not too far from Perrine BPG that I swung by to see what, if any, Terrains they had received. Found two on the lot, both FWD SLT-2 models, with one in Gold Mist Metallic with Jet Black leather and the other in Mocha Steel Metallic with the Brownstone leather interior. Thought I'd share just a few of the shots here...

post-418-1256531974.jpg

post-418-1256531988.jpg

post-418-1256532001.jpg

post-418-1256532029.jpg

post-418-1256532043.jpg

post-418-1256532062.jpg

Still think this thing is bloody hideous. One step above the Element.

Easily one of the worst looking CUV's since the Aztek.

See, I disagree with you both based on the vehicles you're comparing the Terrain to. In 2001 when I was leasing my Sonoma Highrider, my salesman BEGGED me to consider leasing their loaded '01 Aztek because no one else was looking at it!! It sat there previously for 3 months with hardly any interest and it wasn't getting any from me that day. There was no way in the world I was going to drive that thing, let alone park it in my driveway. No way does the Terrain compare stylistically to the Terrain. And the Element is just fugly all around; again, other than it being a box and the Terrain having a two-box 'boxy' design, can't see the comparison. I wouldn;t buy that thing either. I'm not saying you guys have to love the Terrain, but to compare it to those two vehicles just isn't fair to the GMC Terrain.

They are growing on me. I like the side profile and the back, but the front end needs a makeover.

The only thing I'd see needing fixin' on the front is the large chrome trim piece on the hood - it's too large for the design. But it's growing on me and in certain colors it isn't as bad. Where I think needs attention is the foreign minivan-inspired taillights (think Toyota Sienna or Honda Odessey). The corner cap lights are fine, it's just the red bars with chrome trime & reverse lights that look too foreign-inspired for my tastes.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures longtooth. While I'm not a professional photographer, I do enjoy taking pictures and spend a little bit of time trying to get a good angle of my subject :lol:

See, I disagree with you both based on the vehicles you're comparing the Terrain to. In 2001 when I was leasing my Sonoma Highrider, my salesman BEGGED me to consider leasing their loaded '01 Aztek because no one else was looking at it!! It sat there previously for 3 months with hardly any interest and it wasn't getting any from me that day. There was no way in the world I was going to drive that thing, let alone park it in my driveway. No way does the Terrain compare stylistically to the Terrain. And the Element is just fugly all around; again, other than it being a box and the Terrain having a two-box 'boxy' design, can't see the comparison. I wouldn;t buy that thing either. I'm not saying you guys have to love the Terrain, but to compare it to those two vehicles just isn't fair to the GMC Terrain.

The only thing I'd see needing fixin' on the front is the large chrome trim piece on the hood - it's too large for the design. But it's growing on me and in certain colors it isn't as bad. Where I think needs attention is the foreign minivan-inspired taillights (think Toyota Sienna or Honda Odessey). The corner cap lights are fine, it's just the red bars with chrome trime & reverse lights that look too foreign-inspired for my tastes.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures longtooth. While I'm not a professional photographer, I do enjoy taking pictures and spend a little bit of time trying to get a good angle of my subject :lol:

I'd purchase an Element EX in a heartbeat over a Terrain. The Terrain has a polarizing design and I'm one of those that views it as FUGLY...and I'm basing that on seeing it in person too. I think the Equinox is a much more cohesive design...the Terrain has too many awkward angles, mainly the front....though the sides and back aren't great either....especially the squared off wheel arches with the tiny on-road tires. Looks like a car playing SUV dress-up...

I actually like the similarly polarizing Element, but it is not a competitor for the Terrain. The Element is based on the Civic platform, if what I read is correct. So... what is it and what is it pretending to be?

I was in the central NJ area today for a car show (last one of the year :mind-blowing: ) and was not too far from Perrine BPG that I swung by to see what, if any, Terrains they had received. Found two on the lot, both FWD SLT-2 models, with one in Gold Mist Metallic with Jet Black leather and the other in Mocha Steel Metallic with the Brownstone leather interior. Thought I'd share just a few of the shots here...

I was just at Perrine (the G6 had the same intermediate shaft problem as my other 2 Epsilon cars and needed it replaced under warranty) and saw those same two Terrains.

Let me say - I hated these in the pictures and thought that the Equinox was much better looking. But after seeing them in person, I really liked them... maybe more than the 'Nox.

I was just at Perrine (the G6 had the same intermediate shaft problem as my other 2 Epsilon cars and needed it replaced under warranty) and saw those same two Terrains.

Let me say - I hated these in the pictures and thought that the Equinox was much better looking. But after seeing them in person, I really liked them... maybe more than the 'Nox.

I agree, I am even starting to like the "butch" truck front end.

I too hated this when it came out and it has started to grow on me. I have yet to see any other than Black on the roads yet so I hope other colors may help with it in person.

I just do not like the nose and the rear. Mors so the nose. the pick up truck like nose is just too blunt and the chome band is just too thick. I always liked the GMC truck better in the past because they often used chome a little better than Chevy. More is not always better.

The front and rear need to cut down on the chrome a little. The other styling issue is it looks too much like a smaller Saturn Outlook. It makes me feel like they rebadged a Saturn as a GMC when they decided to pull the Saturn plug.

As for the Element, Cube and Scion box stying I never did warm to it. I guess I am not old enought ot understand.

NOT a CUV fan, but these are growing on me somewhat as well.

But I do like the Gold Mist Metallic better than the Mocha Steel Metallic, BTW.

The Mocha Steel makes the design look a little to heavy, while the Gold Mist seems to lighten it up some.

Chris

NOT a CUV fan, but these are growing on me somewhat as well.

But I do like the Gold Mist Metallic better than the Mocha Steel Metallic, BTW.

The Mocha Steel makes the design look a little to heavy, while the Gold Mist seems to lighten it up some.

Chris

I saw a Mocha Steel Metalic on a LTZ Nox a lttle while ago. It really look like a very expensive vehicle. I am more a Red, Blue or Black fan but the MSM really does look goo with the right trim. I think the light chrome trim set it off.

Hat's off to you. Fine work then for a talented amateur. I think that you captured the spirit of that beautiful day as well.